[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Graiaule wrote:
@WInterHiko: How are you getting 27 enchant tries at the helm?

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Gift_to_the_Goddess says you get only 6 tries (8 if you have find a particular shrine.)

You are perfectly right, it's not 9 tries, but 7 (6 additionnal tries). Each try gives you a choice between 1 boot enchant, 1 belt enchant and 3 helmet enchants, which means that if you're sniping for a specific helmet enchant and nothing else, you have 7*3 helmet enchants that should pop up per offering, so 21 tries at getting the specific one you want. It's a bit lower if the enchants can repeat from one roll to the other.
@WinterHiko Ah. I hate the lab so I apparently forgot you get a choice of 3 helm enchants.

Thanks, I learned something more about POE today!
lab runs for a specific enchant can be brutal. 42 uber lab runs to get the enchant on my necro helm that i crafted the last few days of 3.18

so people can run the odds or do math for chances. but in the end, it ALL comes down to rng. some get lucky and some simply don't
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
Is there any way to further craft this?
I know I can annul the mana by crafting suffixes cannot be changed but it's too expensive if I don't know how to proceed after that.
I've spent on hundreds of essences, fossils and resonators and still no luck.
Annuls and exalt slams were all unlucky.

Item level 78. Not the best essence used so not the highest Int possible but should be better than what I have.

Last edited by kraken1944 on Oct 22, 2022, 11:35:18 PM
Update on my reflected ring crafting.

I'm at 10 tries and still haven't got a 4 positives, which I believed was a 1/8 chance. However, the odds seems to be heavily skewed. I just saw a post on the official subreddit. Long story short, someone threw 100 6 affixes rings/amulets into the lake. He got 94% 3 positives, 6% 4 positives and no 5 or 6 positives. While the sample is small, it's seems to be big enough to prove that the odds are heavily skewed and do not roll independently between affixes.

As such, having only positives on a ring or amulet is nigh impossible. If crafting a reflected ring, it's better to fill up the rest of the slots with affixes you don't care about going negative.

Here's the post for reference : https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ybaw0o/i_reflected_100_rings_and_amulets_in_the_lake/

I added an edit on my other post. I do feel dumb throwing 100div on a craft that was near impossible to get, but it was fun grinding, so I guess it's not that bad.
this is why there are entire guilds of crafters and currency farmers. i know how to craft but my luck is horrible. if the odds are 1/100... it will likely take me at least 400-500 shots to hit what i'm after. if at all lmao

i only play standard. with the current state of drops for items or currency now, i will not be crafting much anymore if it stays like it is. i've dropped 2 divine so far and 5 exalts since the start of 3.19. have flasks and quality currency to no end as well as essences and scarabs. juicing maps and rolling sextants is costing more than i get in return because i don't run a MF build.

now working on trying to gather enough currency on top of collecting endgame boss fights to try to get a pair of megalomaniac clusters. cheapest so far that i can find is 500 divine in recent listings. will take a while lmao and i have GGG to thank for making it so hard for some of us to be able to progress
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
"
spaceace7373 wrote:
this is why there are entire guilds of crafters and currency farmers. i know how to craft but my luck is horrible. if the odds are 1/100... it will likely take me at least 400-500 shots to hit what i'm after. if at all lmao

i only play standard. with the current state of drops for items or currency now, i will not be crafting much anymore if it stays like it is. i've dropped 2 divine so far and 5 exalts since the start of 3.19. have flasks and quality currency to no end as well as essences and scarabs. juicing maps and rolling sextants is costing more than i get in return because i don't run a MF build.

now working on trying to gather enough currency on top of collecting endgame boss fights to try to get a pair of megalomaniac clusters. cheapest so far that i can find is 500 divine in recent listings. will take a while lmao and i have GGG to thank for making it so hard for some of us to be able to progress

Raw currency is a fraction of the profit you can do. Relying on raw Divine drops will means ages to get anything good.

To farm efficiently, you need to sell things like essences and scarabs. More pricey stuff for more profits include special maps, invitations and such. Juicing maps is done to increase the amount of Essences/Scarabs/Cards that drop in the map, not to get Divine drops.

Magic Finding is not the way to go, unless you already have a massive budget and want to specifically farm AN mobs. It's really not necessary or even useful TBH.

As for Megalomaniacs, 500div is grossly overpriced. You might need to live-search for a while to get some, as they are rare, but that person does not really want to sell it at that price. No one is going to pay that much, unless the three notables are incredibly synergistic. 5-15div is more of a reasonable price for really good ones. Hell, you can get a 4-flasks Mageblood for half of that right now.

Drops are as good or better than before this patch on almost every type of content, except exceptionnally well juiced maps, which none of us are doing anyway. It wasn't easier before this patch at all.
Last edited by WinterHiko on Oct 23, 2022, 2:26:42 PM
Regarding the hatred/purity of element enchant on hat:

As a practical matter, either I'm extremely lucky, or it's not that hard to craft a good-enough helm with spites from an inexpensive hubris that already has that enchant. Viz., 20 total spites for the following two hats:

One's ilvl 77 so guaranteed a % int.

--- It took 30 spites to reroll the first helmet to roughly the same level, so yeah I was a bit lucky.
Last edited by Graiaule on Oct 24, 2022, 5:54:30 PM
Why level and quality Cyclone? Does its AoE matter?
I see Kelvyn's char has a 20/20 Cyclone (the guide shows 20/0 and says "Any level").
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
Jadran wrote:
Why level and quality Cyclone? Does its AoE matter?
I see Kelvyn's char has a 20/20 Cyclone (the guide shows 20/0 and says "Any level").

Cyclone doesn't matter for dps, it's just there so we can move and cast. Any level will work just fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info