[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Elocau wrote:
Hello, can someone tell me why I'm struggling to sustain mana in single target?
In multi target it's going well but as soon as I change the weapon for single it's complicated. Ty

someone please correct me if i'm wrong but the 130% reduced mana regeneration rate on your ring might be an issue. leeching in maps/mobs will keep your mana up and you can't leech fast enough from a single target with that reduction
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
"
spaceace7373 wrote:
"
Elocau wrote:
Hello, can someone tell me why I'm struggling to sustain mana in single target?
In multi target it's going well but as soon as I change the weapon for single it's complicated. Ty

someone please correct me if i'm wrong but the 130% reduced mana regeneration rate on your ring might be an issue. leeching in maps/mobs will keep your mana up and you can't leech fast enough from a single target with that reduction

This.
you're right I just did a test by removing the ring and I sustain very well in single target. Thanks a lot
"
spaceace7373 wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:
Also : what the hell is wrong with Standard prices? 10div is the lowest for an Opal ring with +50 int, +40 ES. Guess you just have to craft your rares, holy crap.

standard gets item prices born out of pure greed. why, because the people that are controlling the market can. no other reason for prices in standard to be inflated the way they are. legacy items, yes, some, not all, should be more than others.

i'm currently working on 1 ring. trying to roll "#% increased Spell Damage" as icestorm from the staff is a spell. increased evasion would be nice. also an int roll and maybe es. hitting at least some would be nice but currency is something i'm lacking so might take a while lol

Increased damage is not that necessary on this build honestly. High int roll is the most important, then ES, then all attributes. Add the resistances you need.

To give you an example, my current build has 429% increased damage for Ice Storm. Adding 20% increased cold damage on a ring would an effective increase in damage of 1.3%. Compare with a good ES roll that could increase your ES by as much as 350.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
Increased damage is not that necessary on this build honestly. High int roll is the most important, then ES, then all attributes. Add the resistances you need.

To give you an example, my current build has 429% increased damage for Ice Storm. Adding 20% increased cold damage on a ring would an effective increase in damage of 1.3%. Compare with a good ES roll that could increase your ES by as much as 350.

i threw this one together and it actually made a difference so far. just need to get better ones
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
"
spaceace7373 wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:

i threw this one together and it actually made a difference so far. just need to get better ones

Congrats! 40% increased + extra cold damage per hit is an awesome roll, especially that last one since we're doing a whole bunch of hits and bosses are auto-chilled by Vortex's chilling grounds.
Tried some uber pinnacle bosses but exarch and maven kicked my butt repeatedly.

My DPS seems a little low for uber pinnacles but I'm not sure what to change that won't be tough to find now. Like I know my rings can be upgraded but I haven't seen two that will cap my resists in days. Does anything stand out as obviously wrong? Thanks!

https://pobb.in/rS3p7pHF4g7a
Last edited by s_w_a_s_s on Oct 27, 2022, 6:24:02 PM
Trying to figure out what else I can do with my build here, currently sitting just over 9kES and 2344INT.

I have about 8 divines to spend, but am on ps4 and inventory/prices are wonky. The market really just sucks.

Stuff that does not exist:
-Better large cluster jewels (unless I'm just swapping out for better small secondary abilities, the "also grants" stuff.)
-A better megalomaniac
-Split personalities with ES

....is it really worth taking the inner fertile mind and brute force gems? Looks like they only touch one dex/str node a piece? If I could find some +int and resist jewels, that'd open up upgrading my ring with +82 int in favor of something more in the 140-150INT range. I could also find some better resists by re-rolling my belt (if I were to drop that +82int ring).

I crafted my own belt/helm/chest pieces. They're ok, could be better I suppose, may be worth buying a second base and trying.

Am I missing anything big?
Last edited by MacGyver85EL on Oct 27, 2022, 11:02:48 PM
"
MacGyver85EL wrote:
....is it really worth taking the inner fertile mind and brute force gems? Looks like they only touch one dex/str node a piece? If I could find some +int and resist jewels, that'd open up upgrading my ring with +82 int in favor of something more in the 140-150INT range. I could also find some better resists by re-rolling my belt (if I were to drop that +82int ring).

The inner jewels are worth about ~50 Int each with a good roll on them, so while they are the best ones to substitute if you have to, make sure you do it with something pretty good. IIRC some Eye jewels can have extra affixes and so you might be able to get enough positives on those to make it worth it.

Not sure about the market but a better amulet could get you a lot more Int.

Drop the life flask and get a different one like +evasion or armor with bleed immunity instead. You can use an orb of Augmentation on the granite flask to get an extra mod there too.

Your cluster jewels need work too, if nothing else throw 2 exalts on the left one for the chance of getting some extra resists or attributes there (and a low chance of an extra notable).
"
King_Haart wrote:
"
MacGyver85EL wrote:

The inner jewels are worth about ~50 Int each with a good roll on them, so while they are the best ones to substitute if you have to, make sure you do it with something pretty good. IIRC some Eye jewels can have extra affixes and so you might be able to get enough positives on those to make it worth it.

Not sure about the market but a better amulet could get you a lot more Int.

Drop the life flask and get a different one like +evasion or armor with bleed immunity instead. You can use an orb of Augmentation on the granite flask to get an extra mod there too.

Your cluster jewels need work too, if nothing else throw 2 exalts on the left one for the chance of getting some extra resists or attributes there (and a low chance of an extra notable).

I had never thought that cluster jewels could be added to, thanks for the suggestion!
"
MacGyver85EL wrote:
I had never thought that cluster jewels could be added to, thanks for the suggestion!

i was running my 2 large clusters, 1 with cold to the core, the other was blanketed snow. did "ok" damage and made slow progress and died a lot. when i swapped them out with 2 large clusters with both cold to the core and blanketed snow on then was a huge upgrade.

i'm still trying to get my hands on 2 megalomaniacs with those mods as well. they will be a massive upgrade but they also come with a massive cost for me in standard as the cheapest so far, at the time of writing this, is 500 divine coming from the only players with them that are still playing and i just can't farm for them myself yet.

i also have some gear tweaks like my rings to fix. 1 ring is ok for now and the other is still for my lightning based int stacker build.

it's a very solid build that i plan to take to the finish. just takes so long for me to get there lmao

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info