[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
MacGyver85EL wrote:
my "Cast While Channeling" gem is getting +1 to level from from the whispering ice staff and is now level 16. Does that break anything or am I ok to just lock it as is, or should I go level up a new one? Thanks!

if it is over leveled, you can lower the level by vendoring it with 1

if it needs to drop more levels, just vendor it again with the same orb until it's at the level needed
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
Me again, loving this build so far! I converted from Essence Drain and the game is fun again. Currently sitting at 2129 INT and 8235 ES.

...In the budget version of the build I noticed there are only 3 gems in the gloves link, is that by mistake? I too find myself with one open slot. Has anyone put anything good in there?

**another edit/question**. For the curses on the chest that don't trigger from CDWT, are those to be manually applied or are they somehow applied automatically?
Last edited by MacGyver85EL on Oct 17, 2022, 11:58:47 PM
"
MacGyver85EL wrote:
Me again, loving this build so far! I converted from Essence Drain and the game is fun again. Currently sitting at 2129 INT and 8235 ES.

...In the budget version of the build I noticed there are only 3 gems in the gloves link, is that by mistake? I too find myself with one open slot. Has anyone put anything good in there?

**another edit/question**. For the curses on the chest that don't trigger from CDWT, are those to be manually applied or are they somehow applied automatically?

Enlighten to reduce mana reservation of auras is probably the best option.

CwDT triggers Ball Lightning. Ball Lightning triggers the curses with Hextouch.
"
MacGyver85EL wrote:

The budget version of the build uses Aspect of the Spider and doesn't require Enlighten to function (though it's always a nice QoL upgrade). The high-end version of the build can use Enlighten + Charisma annoint to switch Aspect of the Spider for Hatred to get more damage. The very high-end version of the build uses Awakened Enlighten to be able to use Hatred without the Charisma annoint, which opens the slot for Steelwood Stance or Mystic-something annoint, for defensive or offensive capabilities.

If your budget does not let you buy Enlighten, you can passively level up a gem in that slot to get some extra cash. Make sure you do not equip a gem that has a reservation multiplier.
It's probably easier to use a small cluster jewel with Spiteful Presence (as well as a helm enchant with 30% reduced reservation for Hatred or Purity of Elements, and Charisma) to get both Hatred and Spider aspect. That combo, with enlighten 4, gives you about 4% mana left.

Awakened enlighten level 5 (which sells for ~250div) doesn't do the job alone. So just use a cheap level 4 corrupted one.

The helm is the hard part -- that's a lot of trips to the lab, or you could try buying a helm with the craft and trying to craft int, ES, and % int on it...

Don't forget to try to get +int on the small cluster passives -- that adds a bit more.

You can also try for 2% reduced mana reservation instead of stun immunity on your two int jewels but that seems like a bad tradeoff.

It's possible I used POB incorrectly, but I believe the above is correct. Using Hatred & Spider appears to require 30% reduced reservation on helm, spiteful presence, charisma, and enlighten 4 for a comfortable left over mana amount.
I had a livesearch running for over two weeks watching for a cttc/spiteful presence megalo - not one hit. Gave up and bought a spiteful presence small cluster which worked well for a couple of days until I got a better ammy.

"
s_w_a_s_s wrote:
I had a livesearch running for over two weeks watching for a cttc/spiteful presence megalo - not one hit. Gave up and bought a spiteful presence small cluster which worked well for a couple of days until I got a better ammy.

Surprisingly, you can anoint mirrored amulets. See mine.
"
s_w_a_s_s wrote:

Getting Megalomaniac jewels with two useful notables is quite the pain. I needed to live-search for two whole weeks before I was able to snipe one by messaging the seller multiple times and paying 30X what they originally posted them for (posted it for 60C and sold it for 7div). I think that the low population at this time of the league makes it even worse.
Last edited by WinterHiko on Oct 20, 2022, 2:46:56 PM
"
Graiaule wrote:
It's probably easier to use a small cluster jewel with Spiteful Presence (as well as a helm enchant with 30% reduced reservation for Hatred or Purity of Elements, and Charisma) to get both Hatred and Spider aspect. That combo, with enlighten 4, gives you about 4% mana left.

Awakened enlighten level 5 (which sells for ~250div) doesn't do the job alone. So just use a cheap level 4 corrupted one.

The helm is the hard part -- that's a lot of trips to the lab, or you could try buying a helm with the craft and trying to craft int, ES, and % int on it...

Don't forget to try to get +int on the small cluster passives -- that adds a bit more.

You can also try for 2% reduced mana reservation instead of stun immunity on your two int jewels but that seems like a bad tradeoff.

It's possible I used POB incorrectly, but I believe the above is correct. Using Hatred & Spider appears to require 30% reduced reservation on helm, spiteful presence, charisma, and enlighten 4 for a comfortable left over mana amount.

That's an interesting idea. Is the addition of Aspect of the spider with Hatred give more damage for 3 skills points and a jewel socket than you would otherwise get?

As for the helm, the special Lab offering for about 1,2 div gives you 27 tries at getting an enchant (9 tries at 3 helmet enchants per try). Since we can get Hatred, Purity of elements or Discipline for the approximate same mana reservation reduction and there are 400 possibilities, we're looking at a 1/133 chance 27 times, or approximately (very approximately) 20% odds per lab run, for an expected average cost of 6div if my calculation aren't off (feel free to correct if it's the case). EDIT : It is wrong, the true number is 7 times 3 choices for 21 tries per offering.

I don't know if the enchants can repeat between the nine rolls. If not, the cost would be brought down. Additionnally, you can bring useful bases to use the other enchants you get from the nine rolls to recoup part of the cost.
Last edited by WinterHiko on Oct 21, 2022, 7:26:29 AM
@WInterHiko: How are you getting 27 enchant tries at the helm?

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Gift_to_the_Goddess says you get only 6 tries (8 if you have find a particular shrine.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info