[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Cjin wrote:
"
Slowzombie wrote:
I figured I'd use it and try to craft another one but it solves my Dex problem wich allows me to wear both my new belt and my new amule. So I would go from this

to this

The whole point was to wear a new amulet but losing the strenght and dex from Astramentis was killing me

Small thing in your passive tree.

You have route directly from right side large cluster jewel to Forbidden Flesh.
If you unallocate those 2 int nodes, the route to Split Personality jewels gets longer and you get bigger benefit from them.
If you are really lacking dex or str, you can just unallocate the bottom one and take one of the +30dex/str nodes there. Or just get 2 passive points to use elsewhere.

Thanx alot ! I took out one nod od int to cut the path and put it in 30 dex and went back to my old plate and I can still use both the tri amulet and new belt ^^

Now I need about 300 more Div for Simplex haha
Last edited by Slowzombie on Jun 7, 2024, 5:13:03 PM
My current progress in SSF:

The body armor took me at least 7 attempts :-(
The base defense craft seems very rare. I only have 1 dropped (in contrast, I have about 10 additional item drops). Is it considered as 'Meta-Modifier'?

Some other questions:

1. I'm stuck at the classic tree.
I have no cold cluster jewel drop so far.
I can still do most of the contents, but Simulacrum is rippy. When it reaches area level 84, many mobs with bad mods (like 3 more projectiles) can often kill me (I can tank the bosses when they are alone, instead).
When is it appropriate to switch to the cluster tree? After 2 cold cluster jewels or should I also farm Split Personality first?

2. No luck to get The Stampede.
I ran many blight maps, and still waiting for it to drop (I had the blight armor dropped).

The above two are probably the most noticeable upgrades I can have.

3. Synthesized item
I'm lucky to have Mageblood, but I don't have Astramentis. I have a synthesize amulet with 9%int for now. I guess farming the 15%int one depends too much on RNG?

4. Craft a better helmet
Is conqueror map the only place to farm conqueror allflame ember? I had a few of them, but I only got one conqueror craft dropped from them, and the helmet turned into Redeemer :-(.

5. Any other suggestions?

My current goal is trying to improve the gear so that I can farm T17 for challenge.
I currently only have 11k ES and 1700 int.
I was annihilated the last time I tried :-)
Last edited by vbvan on Jun 8, 2024, 11:04:36 PM
Hi, why do you have so different skill gems on your gear? Is it because you are playing SSF? Is the build so different in there?
"
Mumuzet wrote:
Hi, why do you have so different skill gems on your gear? Is it because you are playing SSF? Is the build so different in there?

If you mean the previous poster, the gems featured in the gear they posted are not related to the build. Bane is not linked to a curse but only to Awakened Chaos Damage, which does close to nothing there, and the auras are linked to Awakened Lightning Penetration, which also doesn't do anything. If I had to guess, I'd say they're leveling the gems for another build.

The gems are the same in SSF.
"
vbvan wrote:

I can still do most of the contents, but Simulacrum is rippy. When it reaches area level 84, many mobs with bad mods (like 3 more projectiles) can often kill me (I can tank the bosses when they are alone, instead).
When is it appropriate to switch to the cluster tree? After 2 cold cluster jewels or should I also farm Split Personality first?

Every time I tried switching without Split Personnalities, I always lost DPS.

The second cluster requires good rolls and good usage of the jewel slots.

"
I ran many blight maps, and still waiting for it to drop (I had the blight armor dropped).

They're a pain to farm. You have Mageblood though. Empowered Quicksilver should give you more movespeed. A well-rolled rare pair of boots or Inya's Epiphany should be as much damage as Tranquility annoint.

"
3. Synthesized item
I'm lucky to have Mageblood, but I don't have Astramentis. I have a synthesize amulet with 9%int for now. I guess farming the 15%int one depends too much on RNG?

Synth items are super difficult to farm. Your current amulet is probably much better than Astramentis, if well-rolled, but Astra can be farmed with cards reasonably well.

All in all, your gear is super impressive for SSF. Good luck on the farm to T17s!
Last edited by WinterHiko on Jun 9, 2024, 7:34:44 AM
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
vbvan wrote:

Every time I tried switching without Split Personnalities, I always lost DPS.

The second cluster requires good rolls and good usage of the jewel slots.

"

They're a pain to farm. You have Mageblood though. Empowered Quicksilver should give you more movespeed. A well-rolled rare pair of boots or Inya's Epiphany should be as much damage as Tranquility annoint.

"
3. Synthesized item

Synth items are super difficult to farm. Your current amulet is probably much better than Astramentis, if well-rolled, but Astra can be farmed with cards reasonably well.

All in all, your gear is super impressive for SSF. Good luck on the farm to T17s!

Thanks!

I'll use POB to check DPS if I have cold cluster jewel dropped. Is splitting it a good idea to get the second one? I farmed a few fractured fossil.

For my current gear, switching to 8% Int Inya's Epiphany gives me the same int, 30% increased damage (with 6 power charge) and 500 less ES. I guess it is a possible alternative to the annoited The Stampede. BTW, when I switch back to my Icestorm character in Standard, the +50% movement speed feels so slow :-).

I am saving the spite essence (have some after I created an altas tree with some essence nodes) and intrinsic catalyst (I don't have setup to farm it and only have a few left right now) for 15%Int amulet. If I still can't farm one, I am going to improve the current one.
"
Mumuzet wrote:

I removed Purity of Element (I rely on flasks because of mageblood), Enlighted (I have more efficient mana reservation from jewels and helmet) and increased duration. So I level other gems in these slots.

Other gems in the gear are the same as my Icestorm character in Standard. The only difference is that I use frost bomb in SSF due to my low DPS. The gem can lower enemy's life regen to 25%, which can be useful to kill tanky mob when I don't want to switch to boss kill gems (I don't have a second boss kill staff).
"
vbvan wrote:
"
Mumuzet wrote:

I removed Purity of Element (I rely on flasks because of mageblood), Enlighted (I have more efficient mana reservation from jewels and helmet) and increased duration. So I level other gems in these slots.

Other gems in the gear are the same as my Icestorm character in Standard. The only difference is that I use frost bomb in SSF due to my low DPS. The gem can lower enemy's life regen to 25%, which can be useful to kill tanky mob when I don't want to switch to boss kill gems (I don't have a second boss kill staff).

Thank you for the answer. It's very helpful to see different approaches to this build. Wish you good luck with farming the other items you want/need!
Last edited by Mumuzet on Jun 9, 2024, 2:05:45 PM
First a Thanks for the guide. This got me further and got better understanding of the mechanics for end game gears than I've had for a few seasons playing casually.

Finally crafted the armor(Its just so tedious) and it's not bad... except no Int! The other stats are much better than my current armor Dex is gonna free jewels space and defense is my weakness right now.
Is it dumb to think I'd be better off using new one as a better temp with crafted +Int instead of crafted %attributes w/ Int already an explicit, or is that just too big a loss? Ignore Implicits, will roll better ones just used what I had for now.

New Craft

Old Piece
"
TieDyeT wrote:
First a Thanks for the guide. This got me further and got better understanding of the mechanics for end game gears than I've had for a few seasons playing casually.

Finally crafted the armor(Its just so tedious) and it's not bad... except no Int! The other stats are much better than my current armor Dex is gonna free jewels space and defense is my weakness right now.
Is it dumb to think I'd be better off using new one as a better temp with crafted +Int instead of crafted %attributes w/ Int already an explicit, or is that just too big a loss? Ignore Implicits, will roll better ones just used what I had for now.

New Craft

Old Piece

I know how frustrating is to try multiple crafts and not get the desired piece at the end. Unfortunatley the both armors are not good enough. The old one has very low ES and Evasion that may be caused you the survivability problems and the new piece has decent ES/Eva, but lacks the Int which is the foundation of this build. I can't use PoB to check which one would be better so I'm suggesting to use whichever you like more until you got a better one. Also there are decent armors for 4-10 divs on the market if you got the budget. Aim for 1200 Evasion and 300ES, 45+ Int and empty/crafted suffix.
I hope you won't mind me adding few more notes: I have a guess that you probably got a bit lower ES and Int because your gloves and rings are lacking Int too. The Synt rings are currently very expensive, but may be there are good rings with Int explicits for a good price. Gloves can be easily grave crafted and Kelvyn posted a guide on the first page. If you increase your Int and ES will get better DPS and survivability.
Check in PoB what happens if you replace the Nadir mode with +24Int Brute force solution.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info