[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Can someone help me with those 2 League Challenges by either carrying me or provide me with tips on how they succeeded using this build ?

1. Unfamiliar Undertakings
I'm at 1/3, I did Nightmare of the depraved without noticing. I failed Catarina and Unbreakable 3 times each so far.

2. Colossal Conditionals
I'm at 1/3, I did the Uber Shaper on first try. Cortez seems manageable even though I failed twice already.

What are the easiest mechanics to dodge ? Should I just try to get simplex and outdamage the mechanics ?

Is there an atlas tree setup I should use or maybe Patheons that help ?

Every failed attempt is kinda pricy at this point
"
Mumuzet wrote:
"
TieDyeT wrote:
First a Thanks for the guide. This got me further and got better understanding of the mechanics for end game gears than I've had for a few seasons playing casually.

Finally crafted the armor(Its just so tedious) and it's not bad... except no Int! The other stats are much better than my current armor Dex is gonna free jewels space and defense is my weakness right now.
Is it dumb to think I'd be better off using new one as a better temp with crafted +Int instead of crafted %attributes w/ Int already an explicit, or is that just too big a loss? Ignore Implicits, will roll better ones just used what I had for now.

New Craft

Old Piece

I know how frustrating is to try multiple crafts and not get the desired piece at the end. Unfortunatley the both armors are not good enough. The old one has very low ES and Evasion that may be caused you the survivability problems and the new piece has decent ES/Eva, but lacks the Int which is the foundation of this build. I can't use PoB to check which one would be better so I'm suggesting to use whichever you like more until you got a better one. Also there are decent armors for 4-10 divs on the market if you got the budget. Aim for 1200 Evasion and 300ES, 45+ Int and empty/crafted suffix.
I hope you won't mind me adding few more notes: I have a guess that you probably got a bit lower ES and Int because your gloves and rings are lacking Int too. The Synt rings are currently very expensive, but may be there are good rings with Int explicits for a good price. Gloves can be easily grave crafted and Kelvyn posted a guide on the first page. If you increase your Int and ES will get better DPS and survivability.
Check in PoB what happens if you replace the Nadir mode with +24Int Brute force solution.

Pretty much everything is temps patching stats and res still. 1st build barely cleared atlas so I started this without much to work with recently. Just getting to fixing things with couple divine. Already clears 16's easier now, belt's actually a piece with high tier int (18%, 68 Int), and Helmet's alright. Looking at ammy next, Jewel's in good spot, then back to gloves(more corpses rdy) and might afford gg rings since I'm constantly swapping them with finds or patching res right now.

/e Also forgot, since running harvest, gonna be Harvest crafting synth on rings as well, hopefully get lucky and save on atleast 1 ring. Think a realistic goal is completing all 6 pinnacle bosses, which at this point is starting to feel close

No idea what Nadir node and brute force are. Put Nadir and Brute into search on POB and nothing highlights a node :shrug:

Thanks for advice
Last edited by TieDyeT on Jun 13, 2024, 3:05:02 PM
"
TieDyeT wrote:

No idea what Nadir node and brute force are. Put Nadir and Brute into search on POB and nothing highlights a node :shrug:

Thanks for advice

When I wrote the post you had Nadir mode jewel https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Nadir_Mode placed in your passive tree. My idea was to see if using the Brute force solution jewel https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Brute_Force_Solution with it's +24 Int version would increase your spell damage more, beacuse Icestorm is influenced by Intelligence. Also the more Int the more Mana and ES.
Last edited by Mumuzet on Jun 14, 2024, 5:40:02 AM
Speaking of jewels: Emperor’s Wit has to be good for this build, right?
"
evouga wrote:
Speaking of jewels: Emperor’s Wit has to be good for this build, right?

Not nearly as good as you would think.

Thing with %increased int and +flat int is, that when you get one, it makes the other better. With how much %increased you get from other gear, it is better to have +flat int to be multiplied than more %int. Especially with how many unique jewels we are already using, you would end up replacing Fertile Mind/Brute Force, which has quite huge loss of flat int.

You can see this with Attributes Mastery node where, with end game gear, you can get more overall int from "+5 int per Allocated Mastery Passive Skill" than you would get from "5% increased Attributes".
"
Mumuzet wrote:
"
TieDyeT wrote:

Thanks for advice

When I wrote the post you had Nadir mode jewel https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Nadir_Mode placed in your passive tree. My idea was to see if using the Brute force solution jewel https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Brute_Force_Solution with it's +24 Int version would increase your spell damage more, beacuse Icestorm is influenced by Intelligence. Also the more Int the more Mana and ES.

lol oh i feel silly. I actually have both, think i found nadir and got a Brute force(22) along with some fertile minds when i was vaaling jewel's hoping to get that corrupt blood immunity. Right now Nadir is in cause i needed the str&dex. I will def swap them in pob to see what is stronger. The forbidden flesh and flame jewels are probably gonna take their slot soon anyway, but you're right I should be checking the results for all the combinations of jewels. Think im rdy to retire my other char and sell his head hunter at this point.
I just finished leveling and got 70. I was using icestorm during leveling but I can't make a level 1 map with my gear. I want to start using the build mechanics but I don't understand which gems I should prioritize and links to start making the build work.
somebody can help me?
"
akaguto wrote:
I just finished leveling and got 70. I was using icestorm during leveling but I can't make a level 1 map with my gear. I want to start using the build mechanics but I don't understand which gems I should prioritize and links to start making the build work.
somebody can help me?

All of the answers of your question are in the first post. There is a section with Sockets and links pointing out what are the main skill combinations and Auras section for the main auras (skip Hatred for now). Gem quality and levels are in the Gem section.
1. Buy the gems then read about the beginner mapping gear and get items as close as possible to what's describe there.
2. Craft the proper links and colors on your new items.
3. Drop the life flasks since you got CI and check Flasks to see what are the recommended flasks for the build.
4. Continue with the Main upgrade path section
You may not be able to finish all of the steps at once, but that's tha main course anyway.
I Find it out, this game is overwhelming. holy s#$@

ty!
I can finally die in peace.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info