[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

If trying to off-color a 4-link, don't use Chromatic orbs. Use the two-colors craft. Then use "three sockets" and "two sockets". The first two will not change color and you can try at a recolor of the third for 4 jeweller's. It's the same trick after that for the fourth, except it's 10 jeweller's.

If you have two off-color sockets, for example, it makes it really easy, because the third and fourth sockets are on-color and require very few tries.
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:

Never message the cheapest listings. There's always 3-4+ useless ones. For consumables, look up the lowest price and buy 2-3c above. For uniques, look up the first plateau. It's not unusual tk have listings be, for example, 2c, 4c , 8c, 10c, 10c, 10c. You then know the item is worth 10c and the first three will not reply.

I did message the cheapest listings on Standard!

I do understand your point about the cheapest listings possibly being fake price-fixing ones. Sometimes they are real, though, and it's worth taking a shot at buying a 5 div item for 1 div...

My comment was more about how trading felt very different on Standard, that's all.

Yeah, less price-fixing in Standard, that's for sure. It cam be quite annoying. I don't use the trade site for buying Divines anymore, I just put them up for sale in Chaos because it was such a chore messaging multiple sellers.

Another trick is to go with live searches while mapping. If it's just been put for sale, there's a better chance you'll get an answer. And if you don't, you didn't lose any time.

It's super annoying though.
"
DuckVader611 wrote:
Hi there!

Would really appreciate your thoughts. Right now, I am struggling with T8 onwards maps, I am not sure what I am missing but I am following the guide to the dot.

ES at 7kish and it doesn't recover quickly which leads me to get one shot even though I am constantly moving. Someone was kind enough to recommend light eater which helped a bit, but Kelvynn's tree doesn't have that allocated so I bit the bullet and followed it. Premature perhaps?

Also the damage seems to be on the low side, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Profile is public :)

Thanks!

Your amulet isn't annointed. Put Tranquility on there.

Huge damage and defense is missing from the implicits on chest and gloves. It's not that costly and will make a huge difference.

You have a bunch of "incr ele dmg with attack skills". Ice Storm is not an attack skill and those craft do nothing for you.

Your staves are not at max +%int. It makes a difference and it super cheap to buy.

Can't look at the tree because I'm on my phone, but the ways you recover ES are :

- Polymath ascendancy (on kill)
- Leech ascendancy
- Leech wheel + instant leech mastery
- Ghost Reaver (optionnal)

If you have all of those, it's not about the recovery (you should be getting 40-50% back per second), but more about your defenses. Make sure :

- you have the block nodes allocated (change granite flask for the unique one, it's cheap and effective)
- have a way to mitigate corrupted blood
- you have resses capped
- either overcap resistances or get some curse resist

That last point is important. If you have 75% res only, being affected by an elemental curse can double the damage you're taking, resulting in a sudden rip.

Hope that helps!
"
pat_hibulaire wrote:
"
DuckVader611 wrote:
Hi there!

Would really appreciate your thoughts. Right now, I am struggling with T8 onwards maps, I am not sure what I am missing but I am following the guide to the dot.

ES at 7kish and it doesn't recover quickly which leads me to get one shot even though I am constantly moving. Someone was kind enough to recommend light eater which helped a bit, but Kelvynn's tree doesn't have that allocated so I bit the bullet and followed it. Premature perhaps?

Also the damage seems to be on the low side, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Profile is public :)

Thanks!

- about defence immortal call will help with one shot
- i'm pretty sure you can craft better mod on your ring and belt
- you have stampede you can drop the quicksilver flask for an another
- unless i'm missing something, you have just one curse effective, whispers of doom will help you a lot for damage

Thanks for your thoughts, I'll work on getting these

I opted to do Polymath instead of One Step Ahead in the meantime, Izaro keeps messing me up.. lol
Boy those %int belts sure doubled in price in the last two days xD
Still need to recraft it but it's already a nice bump in damage/ES

Haven't played in a year and a bit lost in all the changes and things I forgot, but my progress with the build has been rather smooth, curious to see how much smoother I'll be able to make it if I go with it again next time.

Been struggling a bit on currency for upgrades, and had to take a step back and do some chaos recipe to make the switch to the cluster version, then got two divines in a row which helped quite a bit :o

Rumi's is definitely something I got a bit late and it definitely makes a difference.
How do you guys get your flasks sorted, instilling orbs only ? or is there another way ? I blew like 15 on my atziri's flask alone and haven't seen any of the interesting options.

Something for people to keep an eye out for as they are working with the build: 6-socket staves can be expensive, but you can sometimes find 18% 6-socket staves for around 40c that have a useless crucible tree on them. Those are very much worth the investment if you don't have 6 sockets, as the damage upgrade is massive and you are going to keep them for a long time.

Getting a crucible tree that makes a real difference on a good Whispering Ice will need a loooot of grinding, luck, or divs, and the build wasn't made with crucible trees in mind anyway.
"
Kentsui wrote:
Boy those %int belts sure doubled in price in the last two days xD
Still need to recraft it but it's already a nice bump in damage/ES

Haven't played in a year and a bit lost in all the changes and things I forgot, but my progress with the build has been rather smooth, curious to see how much smoother I'll be able to make it if I go with it again next time.

Been struggling a bit on currency for upgrades, and had to take a step back and do some chaos recipe to make the switch to the cluster version, then got two divines in a row which helped quite a bit :o

Rumi's is definitely something I got a bit late and it definitely makes a difference.
How do you guys get your flasks sorted, instilling orbs only ? or is there another way ? I blew like 15 on my atziri's flask alone and haven't seen any of the interesting options.

You can craft the "Use when full" on flask directly from crafting bench.
Thanks for the great build and all the helpful informations especially the upgrading path. Really smooth experience so far.

I just managed to get my first Split Personalyity jewel and i'm kindy dissapointed. Is it really worth it to travel that far for "only" +66 int? There are a lot of useful notes we skip for that. THX!
Where does The Incantation card drop now, since Spider Forest and Burial Chambers maps are out of the map rotation in this league?
"
cvb22 wrote:

I just managed to get my first Split Personalyity jewel and i'm kindy dissapointed. Is it really worth it to travel that far for "only" +66 int? There are a lot of useful notes we skip for that. THX!

While it doesn't look impressive compared to all the nodes you have to respec out of you are effectively triple/quadruple dipping if not more on this single value through your entire build.
Weapon, Mana, ES, Cold to the core x2, %int enchants etc ...

That being said having 2 Split personality and 2 clusters with cold to the core really is what brings the full potential of this upgrade if you don't have the full setup I don't know if it's worth it yet.

"
WinterHiko wrote:

You can craft the "Use when full" on flask directly from crafting bench.

That's VERY useful to know, thanks !
Last edited by Kentsui on Apr 13, 2023, 7:13:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info