[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Love the concept! Now that we've been through the season for a while, do you think this build is suitable for a new player or someone with little experience in PoE?
“It is not despair, for despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not.”
ok SO I HAVE DONE THE GEODE TWICE NOW AND BOTH TIMES IT WONT LET ME PUT MY WHISPERING ICE I AM USING IN THE FORGE DO I NEED TO HAVE A SECOND THAT I PUTIN THIER
"
Oldern365 wrote:
Not gonna lie, Eva+ES Mastery gives us 17-18% evasion. I sit at 74% now after speccing it again.
This is insanity. One mastery node is 17% evasion (when your int is high enough, granted, I am at 1.75k). (This means: a single ghost dance charge restores 700 es on hit, stacking up to three times.)

For real - I got something like 23% at 2k INT. Now I am running a Jade flask with increased crit and sitting at 76%. Considering the only investment is 3 points and a chest (which is mainly for ES anyway) that is insane.
"
actkilla wrote:
ok SO I HAVE DONE THE GEODE TWICE NOW AND BOTH TIMES IT WONT LET ME PUT MY WHISPERING ICE I AM USING IN THE FORGE DO I NEED TO HAVE A SECOND THAT I PUTIN THIER

ok SO YOU MAKE SURE THAT THE GOEDE IS ONE THAT HAS 2ADD TREE TO UNIQUE ITEM2; NOT ALL GEODES ARE CREATED EQUAL AND CAN ADD THE TREE TO THE UNIQUE:

ok THEN MAKE SURE YOUR STAFF IS NOT CORRUPTED; THE GEODE DOSEN*T LET YOU TO ADD THE TREE TO CORRUPTED STUFF:

ok THEN FINALLY YOU CANNOT ADD THE TREE TO ITEM YOU HAVE EQUIPPED: i THINK IT SAYS 2CANNOT MODIFY EQUIPPED ITEM2; OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT: JUST TAKE OFF THE STAFF AND PUT IT TO INVENTORY FIRST; THEN USE THE FORGE:
Last edited by Cjin on Apr 12, 2023, 10:30:56 AM
"
IntSomnium wrote:
Love the concept! Now that we've been through the season for a while, do you think this build is suitable for a new player or someone with little experience in PoE?

Gameplay-wise, this build is incredible for a new player because of how forgiving it is.

Build-wise, with how Kelvynn listed everything you need to know, including for crafts and leveling, a new player would have all of the necessary tools.

Currency-wise, if the player is brand-new, they might have some difficulties getting to the point where the build pops off if they do not know how to farm.

All in all, I learned the real endgame from playing Inquisitor RF, then got through Ubers with this build. It's great for less experienced players and Kelvynn did a fantastic job building the guide. I'd say it's great for new players.
"
IntSomnium wrote:

oh i can be the one you need to have an answer to that

im not really a new player because playing since a long time but im a new player in the way that i'm pretty bad
i can tell you that this build is absolutely incredible for people like me because very eazy game play but mostly the build is so strong that you can really do what you want with it as long as you respect those fondations

so to learn this is the best one, i learned much in 2 months with this build than in 5 years before, first time i really have fun with POB to test things, playing toolguy etc

finally, learn A LOOOT about bosses mechanics thanks to this build, which is kinda a big part of the game
Last edited by pat_hibulaire on Apr 12, 2023, 1:35:45 PM
@Kelvynn Could you not save 2 points by taking the two travel nodes east from Wicked Ward instead of the 4 to the west and south of Wicked Ward?

And if you take the strenght node east of Pain Attunement instead, you can save even 3 points (but strenght nodes are meh I guess)?

And if you take that strenght node + 2 points east of Wicked Ward, you can save the 4 points south/west from Wicked Ward and 4 travel nodes east of Assasination, winning 5 points, I think. :)

(I'm only lvl 88 and not at all in the end game gear so I might be missing something)
"
pat_hibulaire wrote:
guys, since we dont need charisma anymore, i was thinking about anoinement

i saw several pages below that we can anoint whispers of doom to save skills points
but do you think it's the best option ?

if no or not sure, can you help me with that with some ideas ? i have no clue
if yes, what to put in the tree with those 3 points ?

thanks a lot

Sorry, can you explain how you don't need Charisma and still run the 4 auras?
Multiple jewels with a mana reservation implicit? And a low lvl clarity?
Last edited by HarryBolls on Apr 12, 2023, 2:09:28 PM
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
IntSomnium wrote:

Gameplay-wise, this build is incredible for a new player because of how forgiving it is.

Build-wise, with how Kelvynn listed everything you need to know, including for crafts and leveling, a new player would have all of the necessary tools.

Currency-wise, if the player is brand-new, they might have some difficulties getting to the point where the build pops off if they do not know how to farm.

All in all, I learned the real endgame from playing Inquisitor RF, then got through Ubers with this build. It's great for less experienced players and Kelvynn did a fantastic job building the guide. I'd say it's great for new players.

This is pretty much what I was going to reply. One caveat - that is common for a whole lot of build guides - is that while they give you everything you need, some familiarity of the game is assumed. A new player might not know the best order to do things, or not understand why something works the way it works (or doesn't) and might feel overwhelmed.

Take for example the Main Upgrade Path section. It is very well written and clear, but I bet many things don't even make sense to a new player. What is anointing? What is a synthesized belt? What's an implicit? What does scour mean? A new player might have to look all that up and it would take them a while to understand how the build works. And not following the instructions to the letter can potentially make it not work at all, which is another problem in itself :)

But even experienced players are not familiar with every single mechanic in the game. Try the build and see! Trust the guide, it works, and follow it as is. Do not "try" to follow it. Do. Or do not. There is no try! (again that goes for lots of builds and build guides especially, for new players).

As for currency, do the chaos recipe - look it up if you need to ;) Some of the first upgrades to get the build rolling can be really cheap, including the weapon. Take a little care when you spec into Chaos Inoculation.
"
HarryBolls wrote:
@Kelvynn Could you not save 2 points by taking the two travel nodes east from Wicked Ward instead of the 4 to the west and south of Wicked Ward?

And if you take the strenght node east of Pain Attunement instead, you can save even 3 points (but strenght nodes are meh I guess)?

And if you take that strenght node + 2 points east of Wicked Ward, you can save the 4 points south/west from Wicked Ward and 4 travel nodes east of Assasination, winning 5 points, I think. :)

(I'm only lvl 88 and not at all in the end game gear so I might be missing something)

You can do that before you switch to cluster jewels with split personality cause with then you want the longest way possible.

Great Build as every 2-3 leagues that I am playing it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info