[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

I think I am done with the league.

It feels bad? underwhelming? disappointing?

I don't feel the thrill of the void.

The build works well as ever, everything will be utterly annihilated! I can feel the Fury of the Cosmos!

But is league really interesting enough to warrant all this pain?

It is boring and small!

Pointless.

"
WinterHiko wrote:

You also lose on the second bonus (energy shield or evasion).

Edit : are you sure it's only 20 int? I see 25int/25ES (10 less nodes).

Edit 2: it's also 5 int nodes, not 4int1dex, because it's converted.

Oh you are right, i forgot the secondary bonus.

25/25 int/es loss should be correct (I did the math based on Firestrikes numbers)

So i lose -5/-5 int/es and get 12%inc dam, 20mana, 20manareg. Seems kinda even.

What i really like about it is the flexibility. I didnt took the Staff crit notes and the power charge.

Instead i went for a more defensive lineup: Faith an Steel with 10% phys as chaos and Soul Thief with 1%inc eva per 100int.

Thanks for clarification, i'm still in a leraning process about the build (and the game itself :))
Last edited by cvb22 on Apr 13, 2023, 12:44:36 PM
Hey guys, I think I'm missing something I'm comparing my build in POE builder with Kelvynn's one and my Average Hit is arround 60k while Kelvynn's is 700k. Obviously I lack a lot of +%Int gear and min maxing but I think that shouldn't make it 90% less average hit dmg.
Could you please take a look:
Poe Builder Info:
https://pobb.in/tQTMFxR-wTB3

Thank in advance!
Last edited by matiasgil on Apr 13, 2023, 12:45:56 PM

first time smth good)
and 4-th node
10% reduced Movement Speed
60% increased Cooldown Recovery Rate of Travel Skills
with stampede reducing doesn't work to us)
Last edited by archwerewolf on Apr 13, 2023, 1:07:58 PM
"
cvb22 wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:

You also lose on the second bonus (energy shield or evasion).

Edit : are you sure it's only 20 int? I see 25int/25ES (10 less nodes).

Edit 2: it's also 5 int nodes, not 4int1dex, because it's converted.

Oh you are right, i forgot the secondary bonus.

25/25 int/es loss should be correct (I did the math based on Firestrikes numbers)

So i lose -5/-5 int/es and get 12%inc dam, 20mana, 20manareg. Seems kinda even.

What i really like about it is the flexibility. I didnt took the Staff crit notes and the power charge.

Instead i went for a more defensive lineup: Faith an Steel with 10% phys as chaos and Soul Thief with 1%inc eva per 100int.

Thanks for clarification, i'm still in a leraning process about the build (and the game itself :))

The staff nodes on the left are very important defensively. You get +12% chance to block attack and spell, which is huge. You also get +30% defenses from the mastery, which means Armour, Evasion and Energy Shield, which is also huge defensively.
"
matiasgil wrote:
Hey guys, I think I'm missing something I'm comparing my build in POE builder with Kelvynn's one and my Average Hit is arround 60k while Kelvynn's is 700k. Obviously I lack a lot of +%Int gear and min maxing but I think that shouldn't make it 90% less average hit dmg.
Poe Builder Info:

Thank in advance!

This build has many moving pieces that work off each other :

- Flat intelligence modifiers, which give flat damage on staff and multiplies ES;
- Damage per intelligence, which multiplies the flat damage from the staff;
- %intelligence modifiers, which multiply the flat int;
- Elemental resist reduction, which multiplies all damage;
- Leech, which benefits both from total ES (as you can leech a % of your max ES) and specific leech nodes;
- Crit, which multiplies damage again;
- Increased damage taken (punishment and Unnerve on gloves), which multiplies damage again.

Your current intelligence is 1675. That's not a lot. Try to hit 2k or 2.5k. It bounces off every other part of the build and is the basis of both our defenses and offences.

You have only one cluster. Cold to the Core is huge.

It would seem your belt is not 20% quality. That makes for an easy boost in %int.

Your implicits on gloves and body armour also make a huge difference.

I'm not home, so I can't play around with numbers in PoB. However, more generally, think of the damage of this build this way :

Int flat damage X resistances X total increased damage modifiers X crit X increased damage taken

If you raise only one part of the equation, it's not as potent as raising each part, since they play off each other. To illustrate, let's imagine the numbers are like this :

10 (flat damage) X 0.5 (50% res) X 4 (400% total increased damage) X 2 (50% chance to crits for 200% more damage) 1.4 (40% increased damage taken) = 56 damage.

If you raise only int and your flat damage is quadrupled, your new damage would simply be four times, so 224.

If, however, you double damage on each part of the equation, then it becomes :

20 flat X 1 (0% res) X 8 (800% increased) X 5 (100% to crit for 400% more) X 1.8 (80% increased damage taken) = 1 440, or 7 times more damage.

It's a crude image, but it's to illustrate how multiplicative elements bounce off each other exponentially.

PoE is all about exponential growth via multipliers stacking. This is why we love to get flat increases on top of % increases. This is why having 80% of five multipliers, which seems like being *almost there*, will result in 32% of the damage. This is also why people will talk about %more damage when evaluating options, instead of flat damage. The more the build progresses and you min-max your items, the more each upgrade will add damage or defenses.

Hope this makes it clearer!
I feel like I'm getting stunned a lot. How do we get stun immunity?
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
matiasgil wrote:
Poe Builder Info:

Thank in advance!

This build has many moving pieces that work off each other :

- Flat intelligence modifiers, which give flat damage on staff and multiplies ES;
- Damage per intelligence, which multiplies the flat damage from the staff;
- %intelligence modifiers, which multiply the flat int;
- Elemental resist reduction, which multiplies all damage;
- Leech, which benefits both from total ES (as you can leech a % of your max ES) and specific leech nodes;
- Crit, which multiplies damage again;
- Increased damage taken (punishment and Unnerve on gloves), which multiplies damage again.

Your current intelligence is 1675. That's not a lot. Try to hit 2k or 2.5k. It bounces off every other part of the build and is the basis of both our defenses and offences.

You have only one cluster. Cold to the Core is huge.

It would seem your belt is not 20% quality. That makes for an easy boost in %int.

Your implicits on gloves and body armour also make a huge difference.

I'm not home, so I can't play around with numbers in PoB. However, more generally, think of the damage of this build this way :

Int flat damage X resistances X total increased damage modifiers X crit X increased damage taken

If you raise only one part of the equation, it's not as potent as raising each part, since they play off each other. To illustrate, let's imagine the numbers are like this :

10 (flat damage) X 0.5 (50% res) X 4 (400% total increased damage) X 2 (50% chance to crits for 200% more damage) 1.4 (40% increased damage taken) = 56 damage.

If you raise only int and your flat damage is quadrupled, your new damage would simply be four times, so 224.

If, however, you double damage on each part of the equation, then it becomes :

20 flat X 1 (0% res) X 8 (800% increased) X 5 (100% to crit for 400% more) X 1.8 (80% increased damage taken) = 1 440, or 7 times more damage.

It's a crude image, but it's to illustrate how multiplicative elements bounce off each other exponentially.

PoE is all about exponential growth via multipliers stacking. This is why we love to get flat increases on top of % increases. This is why having 80% of five multipliers, which seems like being *almost there*, will result in 32% of the damage. This is also why people will talk about %more damage when evaluating options, instead of flat damage. The more the build progresses and you min-max your items, the more each upgrade will add damage or defenses.

Hope this makes it clearer!

Thank you a lot for the response! very clearly detailed!!
I'll continue looking for upgrades, right now I'll add 20% to the belt. Thanks!
"
Slaikkiz wrote:

The ES mastery gives stun avoidance by making it so that it takes into account your ES instead of your life.

If you feel like it's not enough, you can use a Corundum flask.

If you really don't like being stunned, you can use Awakened Cast while Channelling. You'll lose a bit of damage but will be completely immune while Cycloning.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Slaikkiz wrote:

The ES mastery gives stun avoidance by making it so that it takes into account your ES instead of your life.

If you feel like it's not enough, you can use a Corundum flask.

If you really don't like being stunned, you can use Awakened Cast while Channelling. You'll lose a bit of damage but will be completely immune while Cycloning.

Thanks, I totally forgot that's what the Corundum flask was for. Also maybe I can get "enough" avoidance with some jewels.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info