[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Get Frost Bomb and Frostblink early in Act 1. Support Frostblink with Arcane Surge (keep the level low to trigger from 1 cast) and Added Lightning or Cold (depending on the socket color you find).

Let support FrostBomb, or Frostblink?
(Leave FrostBomb unsupported?)
"
Grab Clarity in Act 1, Herald of Ice on Act 2.

"
Auras: Clarity, Purity of Elements.

What happened with Herald of Ice? It was dropped (put out) at some time? When?

"
Around lv 45-50 as you get more mana, add Discipline.

Perhaps put out Herald of Ice when Discipline is put in?

"
Self-casting setup (lv 33+):
Inspiration, Arcane Surge (stay at lv 4), Concentrated Effect, Cold Penetration (4S), Power Charge on Critical (5S).

"
make a single target setup for deleting bosses as you take crit nodes and power charges on the tree:
Inspiration, Intensify, Concentrated Effect, Power Charge on Critical, Cold Penetration (5S)

When should I make the Intensify-version setup? Maybe at (or near) level 33+? Then, making another selfcast setup, with ArcaneSurge, is superfluous, isn't it? (Or maybe is not worth, just for a few levels.)

"
SickDiego wrote:
I see, thank you for your help!

Cheap jewel with the corrupted blood resist did the trick and CI does block all the damage I was having issues with. Would be nice if that info was somewhere in the game or at least I could find any info what type of damage was killing me in the first place. ( Thank god for the community, which is way more competent than devs! )

Now I have to deal with over 1k HP that I am missing, which brings me to another thing I don't understand about the build. The amount of ES on the body armor is strange. According to PoB data, armor alone provides over 4k ES. The armor has around 1500 evasion rating + 358 pure ES. How come it gives over 4200 ES ?

My armor has over 1900 evasion which generates just about 1300 ES. So my guess is, that 1500 evasion is somewhere around 1000 ES. So 1000 ES + 358 ES does not equal 4k ES. How does it work?

Should I look for an armor that has ES rather than more evasion?

There's increased ES from tree and the natural increased ES from intelligence. Body armour gives flat, which is then multiplied.
Now with Frost Bomb in the CWDT setup (with Immortal Call), what's a good level for CWDT?
"
Kelvynn wrote:
- I haven't felt a need for Ghost Reaver (extra 14% leech) at all. If those OP league mobs 1-shot you, leech won't help with that. GGG is going to nerf that imbalanced crap regardless. For everything that doesn't 1-shot you, 39% leech without GR feels just fine. Getting away from the OP league mobs and recharging ES is nice QoL.

Another nice thing with not going Ghost Reaver is that we can use Vaal Discipline as a pseudo healing potion. This has saved me from death multiple times already :)
This is my current build now. The build is really tanky and I could go through maps without any problem. Just have some little questions about the build.

1. I feel like the damage is a little bit on the low side when fighting rare and magic mobs, therefore I switched to cold pen instead of hypothermia, is that fine?

2. I checked the current intelligence implicit belt's price, which is at least 80c. Should I be trying to go for a better glove first?

3. Is my current body armor good enough? (aside from the attribute craft, which I don't have)
I believe Kelvynn removed hypothermia. Look up the new PoB.

Don't forget to put eldritch implicits on your equipment, including the body armour. Low tier implicits are very cheap and easy to roll. They're substantial.
Last edited by WinterHiko on Apr 11, 2023, 8:52:50 PM
"
WinterHiko wrote:
Crit notables you could look up :

Annihilation (15% multi, 50% chance) -- very cheap, Clear Clear Black
Arcane Potency (30% multi, 30% chance)
Doom Cast (15% multi, 60% chance)
Serpent Stance (30% multi, 40% chance, 5% to block attack if crit recently)

I'd say Arcane Potency is probably the best choice. Can't run it through PoB right now though.

well, i checked on POB with the new changes made by kelvin

we already have arcane potency on the tree so i put it aside

doom cast is +10.5% on average hit
serpent stance is 11.9% on average hit + the block attack

but, if we go for doomcast we save a point so all depend on what you can have with this extra point

i checked and unless i'm missing something the best allocation will be coldhearted, +4.4% average hit

so this is very close finally, but i think i will go for doomcast to push damage, im not sure the 5% block attack of serpent stance worth the 3% damage we're loosing
Last edited by pat_hibulaire on Apr 11, 2023, 11:35:32 PM
How important is it to go for Stampede? right now they're going for the cheapest of 20c per.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info