[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

I am leguestarting and maining this if it goes well. I have never played Shadow before, and I sure have never been an Ice, Dancing, or Ice Dancing Queen.

I like how this build goes for CI during the campaign - I have tried CI a few times but builds usually switch to it after getting some pretty good gear.

I haven't really looked into the Crucible mechanic and how it affects other builds, or weapon prices. It seems like people are still working things out anyway, and I got 3 hours to catch up. Good luck everyone!
Guys, just wanted to state the following:
Normally I am exhausted after 1 league and drop the next one to regenerate my PoE hunger - not this time. This build is so much fun, so many possibilities, and so many cool people (inside this thread) answering my stupid questions that I will jump onto the league train again - ty all, you rock!
"
Julian5 wrote:
I saw the post you made about instant leech, but this video about leech mechanics with instant leech seems to imply it works differently than what you posted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLR8NbL9XXg

Basically, it seems like the 10% of leech occurring instantly seems to happen after the leech instance is already capped at 10% of your health. In other words, without increasing the size of the leech node, you can only leech 1% of your health per hit instantly. Which, while not bad, is definitely not as crazy strong as in your post.

Is the video accurate, and if so, does it change anything?

Ah yes, the explanation at the start of that video is good. What I missed in my earlier math is that each individual hit, no matter how big, cannot leech more than 10% of your max ES. Icestorm always hits hard enough to leech the max possible amount, so your gear doesn't really matter. We always stay capped on leech.

But now we have 2 separate leeches: instant and non-instant. They are both capped but they stack.

I've updated my math post.

Without Ghost Reaver we now leech 39% of max ES per second. With Ghost Reaver it's 53%. So the 1-point question is whether or not 39% is enough. We'll find out soon enough. If you don't feel comfortable with 39% leech, can always spend 1 skill point and get Ghost Reaver back.
"
whiterockxx wrote:

The recipers for flat element locations :

Act 3 - The Crystal Veins - Adds (10-13) to (19-22) Cold Damage to Spells - 4x Orb of Transmutation

Act 4 - The Lunaris Temple Level 2 - Adds (1-4) to (39-42) Lightning Damage to Spells 4x Orb of Transmutation

Act 6 - The Chamber of Sins Level 1 - Adds (2-6) to (73-77) Lightning Damage to Spells 2x Orb of Alchemy

Act 7 - The Causeway - Adds (17-23) to (34-40) Cold Damage to Spells 2x Orb of Alchemy

If I'm not mistaken, these recipes don't exist anymore in 3.21. Upgrading wands in future acts will be more relevant to get high flat damage wands.
Last edited by zyrenthelichlord on Apr 7, 2023, 2:15:34 PM
They still exist. It's the vendor recipes that were cut.
The ascendencies doesn't exist
hi guys

im playing in std, i just spent couple of hours playing T16 maps and some guardians to test this new tree
im a big noob so just give you my feelings if it can help

- definitely more damage, notably against rare monsters during mapping, so big nerf about Qol when you're dumb like me and need to kill all ennemies xD

- about survivability, i lost about 700 ES (and just a little bit of elem res), nothing relevant during mapping, you just see more often your ES get down and re up instantly
But against bosses, much more OS, i know i can and i have to still improve my character but i didnt have this kind of issues before

thanks again for this build, i love it so much <3
Last edited by pat_hibulaire on Apr 7, 2023, 7:19:29 PM
@pat_hibulaire: can you deacronymize "OS" please?
"
Graiaule wrote:

im sorry english is not my native, what do you mean by "deacronymise" ?
"
pat_hibulaire wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:

im sorry english is not my native, what do you mean by "deacronymise" ?

What do you mean under "OS"?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info