[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Kelvynn wrote:

The newest curse will replace the oldest.

If you got hit first and the target is cursed with Punishment and Frostbite, then Assassin's Mark will replace one of them - the one that's closer to Hextouch in the link.

However, the moment you get hit again the two CWDT curses will re-apply and replace Assassn's Mark.

So it looks like we're using a 5L+1, putting punishment/frostbite in the 5L, and for bosses, taking out frostbite and manually casting Assassin's Mark (after we get the forbidden jewels.) Okay.
"
Vahkerr wrote:
Holy dominion isn't terribly far away either if you can find a place to drop two tree points. Again, one of the things I love about this build is whatever you need to grab is usually going to be in reach.

Another high budget option is Enlighten 4. You can then anoint Whispers of Doom and spend those 4 points elsewhere.

"
@ Kelvynn : Thinking of some places where you can grab some flexibility to balance resists/attributes etc, have you run the numbers on natural affinity / nature's patience and emperor's wit vs just using jewels with multiplier and flat int/attributes for the final 2 slots in the second cluster? I know I ended going with the latter last league, but I can't remember if it was solely because I needed some flex to balance attributes.

Good point! A rare jewel with two crit multi mods (prefix for cold skills, suffix for spell/ele/global) and some Int gives 5-6% more damage than Emperor's Wit.

Moreover, crit rare jewels are better than Fertile Mind and Brute Force! You get slightly less ES but enough extra damage to be worth it. And they can have useful corrupt implicits like 3% MRE or cold/ele pen. Definitely some good options there. Not sure what the prices are going to be though. We'll see.

Natural Affinity is still much better than a rare jewel. And easy to corrupt for CB immunity.
"
1.3% (Ethereal Feast) + 2% (Soul Drinker) + 1.9% (Energy Leech) = 5.2%, or 5200 ES per hit.

Then it's increased by 80% by the small node we took: 9360 ES per hit.

10% of it is applied instantly, healing you by 936 ES per hit. The rest is applied over 5 sec, subject to the cap.

@Kelvynn

Thank you for this build! I always play WI and had a blast last league with it and the guide is very helpful.

I just watched a video talking about instant leech and he mentions that the "increased total recovery per second" from leech won't effect instant leech. Which kind of makes sense as it isn't during the per second leech period. Is that accurate or is the video not correct?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLR8NbL9XXg&ab_channel=sergeantminor

I'm very excited to play this build again on HC, but will probably keep the block nodes to help not die xD
Last edited by 710n on Apr 6, 2023, 11:06:27 PM
I saw the post you made about instant leech, but this video about leech mechanics with instant leech seems to imply it works differently than what you posted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLR8NbL9XXg

Basically, it seems like the 10% of leech occurring instantly seems to happen after the leech instance is already capped at 10% of your health. In other words, without increasing the size of the leech node, you can only leech 1% of your health per hit instantly. Which, while not bad, is definitely not as crazy strong as in your post.

Is the video accurate, and if so, does it change anything?

Edit: Hah, I should've read the post above me, it's asking about the same thing.
Last edited by Julian5 on Apr 7, 2023, 12:33:43 AM
the PoB budget says 88.1 es is instant leech with the new insta leech node. The video seems to be correct. It's definitely not as crazy good as initially thought it seems, but I suppose it's still ok.
Jkurs on twitch, come and join the action . :)
I found where it shows the ES per hit on the leech mastery node and it does show a higher number with the 80% recovery per second node as apposed to the maximum es leech route so POB is showing recovery per second is affecting the leech per hit, but idk if POB is accurate.
Hello guys sry for being abit late.. I Had no time to plan all well and make an definitive PoB, but the draft blow have all lvl path tree from 1 to lvl 90 separeted by act.

PoB : https://pobb.in/LiRQlTY3ay8o

I'll sumarize quickly how i'll do to A1-A10 under 5 hours.

Act 1

(GG)Explosive trap + Swift Assembly
(B)Frost Bomb
(B)Clarity*
(BBG/BBB)Frostblink + Arcane surge** + Add cold/Light***

*keep it lvl 2 at max until act 2 because furure mana reserve issues
**be carefull lvling it... 1 frostblink alone must activate it!
***depends on links dropped

Act 2

(GGG)Explosive trap + Swift Assembly + Trap and Mine damage
(BBG/BBB)Frostblink + Arcane surge* + Add cold/Light**
(B)Frost Bomb
(B)Clarity*
(RGB)Herald Ice/Lightning/Ash****

*lvlup it wisely to not be without mana to use skills!
**** If no sockets or currency to buy, use Ice/Light

Act 3

(GGGR)Explosive trap + Swift Assembly + Trap and Mine damage + Inspiration
(BBBB)Frostblink + Arcane surge + Increase Critical Strikes + Innervate
(B)Frost Bomb
(B)Clarity*
(R)Vitality**
(G)Precision**
(RGB)Herald Ice/Lightning/Ash
(RGB)after Siosa Library quest, buy Vitality lvl 1 + Precision lvl 1

** Keep them lvl 1 all the time!!!

Act 4

(B)Frost Bomb
(B)Clarity*
(R)Vitality**
(G)Precision**
(BBBB) Vortex + Bonechill + Hextouch + Frostbite.

From A4 til A10 nothing changes

The gameplay is very simple, do the quests form A1 and A2 to get 2 Quicksilver flasks, use 2 QQSF + 1X life flask + 2x mana flasks (after act 10 preffered enduring mana flask!)

Place the Frost bomb in the middle of the pack, frostblink over the bomb, go for next pack. On essences, hard yellows/blues or bosses, bomb > spam traps.

Pretty simple and streight foward.. no secret at all!

Aways identify wands and craft resists on you itens to have max all res possible and flat damage to wands if possible!

The recipers for flat element locations :

Act 3 - The Crystal Veins - Adds (10-13) to (19-22) Cold Damage to Spells - 4x Orb of Transmutation

Act 4 - The Lunaris Temple Level 2 - Adds (1-4) to (39-42) Lightning Damage to Spells 4x Orb of Transmutation

Act 6 - The Chamber of Sins Level 1 - Adds (2-6) to (73-77) Lightning Damage to Spells 2x Orb of Alchemy

Act 7 - The Causeway - Adds (17-23) to (34-40) Cold Damage to Spells 2x Orb of Alchemy

Spell crit chance and Adds Flat element to spells are the 2 mods that you must seek
You can easily use this setup until T5-T10.

There are few unic itens suggested on the PoB that synergise well with this build.

Sorry for not be more especific on the PoB and here, but my work needed my close attentions last days!

During the weekend, if have any doubts, just pm me ingame, i'll be online

I hope this little guide and the PoB helps!
Last edited by whiterockxx on Apr 7, 2023, 3:47:00 AM
"
whiterockxx wrote:
Hello guys sry for being abit late.. I Had no time to plan all well and make an definitive PoB, but the draft blow have all lvl path tree from 1 to lvl 90 separeted by act.

PoB : https://pobb.in/LiRQlTY3ay8o

I'll sumarize quickly how i'll do to A1-A10 under 5 hours.

Act 1

(GG)Explosive trap + Swift Assembly
(B)Frost Bomb
(B)Clarity*
(BBG/BBB)Frostblink + Arcane surge** + Add cold/Light***

*keep it lvl 2 at max until act 2 because furure mana reserve issues

Act 2

(GGG)Explosive trap + Swift Assembly + Trap and Mine damage
(BBG/BBB)Frostblink + Arcane surge* + Add cold/Light**
(B)Frost Bomb
(B)Clarity*
(RGB)Herald Ice/Lightning/Ash****

**** If no sockets or currency to buy, use Ice/Light

Act 3

(B)Frost Bomb
(B)Clarity*
(R)Vitality**
(G)Precision**
(RGB)after Siosa Library quest, buy Vitality lvl 1 + Precision lvl 1

** Keep them lvl 1 all the time!!!

Act 4

(B)Frost Bomb
(B)Clarity*
(R)Vitality**
(G)Precision**
(BBBB) Vortex + Bonechill + Hextouch + Frostbite.

From A4 til A10 nothing changes

The gameplay is very simple, do the quests form A1 and A2 to get 2 Quicksilver flasks, use 2 QQSF + 1X life flask + 2x mana flasks (after act 10 preffered enduring mana flask!)

Place the Frost bomb in the middle of the pack, frostblink over the bomb, go for next pack. On essences, hard yellows/blues or bosses, bomb > spam traps.

Pretty simple and streight foward.. no secret at all!

Aways identify wands and craft resists on you itens to have max all res possible and flat damage to wands if possible!

The recipers for flat element locations :

Act 3 - The Crystal Veins - Adds (10-13) to (19-22) Cold Damage to Spells - 4x Orb of Transmutation

Act 4 - The Lunaris Temple Level 2 - Adds (1-4) to (39-42) Lightning Damage to Spells 4x Orb of Transmutation

Act 6 - The Chamber of Sins Level 1 - Adds (2-6) to (73-77) Lightning Damage to Spells 2x Orb of Alchemy

Act 7 - The Causeway - Adds (17-23) to (34-40) Cold Damage to Spells 2x Orb of Alchemy

Spell crit chance and Adds Flat element to spells are the 2 mods that you must seek
You can easily use this setup until T5-T10.

There are few unic itens suggested on the PoB that synergise well with this build.

Sorry for not be more especific on the PoB and here, but my work needed my close attentions last days!

During the weekend, if have any doubts, just pm me ingame, i'll be online

I hope this little guide and the PoB helps!

Thank you for the in depth leveling guide, much appericiated.
So you don't spec into WI until maps?
Do you use the tree you linked while leveling or do you grab life and damage nodes and respec later?
Last edited by Firestrike9 on Apr 7, 2023, 4:03:31 AM
@Firestrike9

I follow exactly that trees until red maps T11/12, then respec to CI and use the low budget tree.

If you check, there is a tree for each act/lvl on the PoB, there are few respecs, but basicaly you dont need to use any regret, the quest regrets are enought!
"
Jkurs wrote:
the PoB budget says 88.1 es is instant leech with the new insta leech node. The video seems to be correct. It's definitely not as crazy good as initially thought it seems, but I suppose it's still ok.

My calculations might be a bit off since im doing this on my phone but:

Lets say we have 10,000 ES, With divergent energy leech support 20% quality we get 40% increased ES leech per leech, so instead of instant leeching 1% of our damage we instant leech 1.4% of our damage instantly which for this case is 140 ES gained per hit (thats over 4 times the watchers eye mod), lets say we have 20 ice storm hits every second on a boss - thats 28% of our ES gained instantly per second just from the 10% instant leech node.

Now lets add the remaining 12.6% leech per second (without Ghost Reaver)
And we get 40.6% of ES recovered every second, with Ghost Reaver we go up to 25.2% ES leeched per second to a total of 53.2% ES recovered per second.

In this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9Aee56E9hk

The guy talks about how ghost reaver can double the amount of es leeched instantly by getting both ES and life leech and using Ghost Reaver to create 2 leech instances per hit (One from actual ES leech and another from life leech that gets converted to ES leech) essentially giving us 2% of es leeched instantly (2.8% with divergent ES leech support) which puts our instant leech from 20 storms to 56% of ES gained instantly per second and at 81.2% ES recovered per second (instant gain and leech over time combined).

So without Ghost Reaver and a source of life leech we're talking about 53.2% ES recovered per second vs 81.2% ES recovered per second with Ghost Reaver and a life leech source.

The big thing here is the difference between instant leeching 28% of our damage per second compared to 56% which is massive, which is why I think we should go Ghost Reaver and and find a cheap, easy way to get life leech on our tree.
Last edited by Firestrike9 on Apr 7, 2023, 5:02:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info