[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

So WI trickster is something I plan to league start for crucible. Was wondering if WI itself can be obtained via chance/ancient orbs. That way, we can start looking for a good base with good crucible trees first, then attempt to chance/ancient orb till we get a whispering ice. In theory this would be the easiest way to get a good staff with good crucible passives. Assuming that directly granting Uniques a crucible tree is actually pretty expensive.
Has Ghost reaver been considered? With the Instant Leech mastery, having 2 different leeches running wouldn't be a bad idea (You get life leech on Atziri's Promise)
"
Clueless24 wrote:
So WI trickster is something I plan to league start for crucible. Was wondering if WI itself can be obtained via chance/ancient orbs. That way, we can start looking for a good base with good crucible trees first, then attempt to chance/ancient orb till we get a whispering ice. In theory this would be the easiest way to get a good staff with good crucible passives. Assuming that directly granting Uniques a crucible tree is actually pretty expensive.

Problem here is that the base item is a warstaff.

"
Do uniques that are commonly used for a purpose that doesn't match their base type (eg a caster themed unique such as The Whispering Ice, which has a Warstaff base) have special weightings for Crucible passive trees?
We have tagged uniques as being caster themed or minion themed. So things like Cospri's Malice or Whispering Ice can roll caster skills or things like Chober Chaber or United in Dream can roll minion skills

That implies that if you first roll crusible to a warstaff, you would not be getting caster nodes.
"
Cjin wrote:
"
Clueless24 wrote:

Problem here is that the base item is a warstaff.

"
Do uniques that are commonly used for a purpose that doesn't match their base type (eg a caster themed unique such as The Whispering Ice, which has a Warstaff base) have special weightings for Crucible passive trees?
We have tagged uniques as being caster themed or minion themed. So things like Cospri's Malice or Whispering Ice can roll caster skills or things like Chober Chaber or United in Dream can roll minion skills

That implies that if you first roll crusible to a warstaff, you would not be getting caster nodes.

Right, that kinda slipped my mind. Thanks for the reply!
"
Alextros wrote:
Has Ghost reaver been considered? With the Instant Leech mastery, having 2 different leeches running wouldn't be a bad idea (You get life leech on Atziri's Promise)

relying on a flask uptime is a bad idea for bossing, I think getting Doryani's lesson on a cluster is the way to go.

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Doryani%27s_Lesson
"
relying on a flask uptime is a bad idea for bossing, I think getting Doryani's lesson on a cluster is the way to go.

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Doryani%27s_Lesson

That works aswell, was just a thought since we dont care about Life, why not utilize the life leech component for more ES leech etc.
"
whiterockxx wrote:
Aways identify wands and craft resists on you itens to have max all res possible and flat damage to wands if possible!

The recipers for flat element locations :

Act 3 - The Crystal Veins - Adds (10-13) to (19-22) Cold Damage to Spells - 4x Orb of Transmutation

Act 4 - The Lunaris Temple Level 2 - Adds (1-4) to (39-42) Lightning Damage to Spells 4x Orb of Transmutation

Act 6 - The Chamber of Sins Level 1 - Adds (2-6) to (73-77) Lightning Damage to Spells 2x Orb of Alchemy

Act 7 - The Causeway - Adds (17-23) to (34-40) Cold Damage to Spells 2x Orb of Alchemy

Spell crit chance and Adds Flat element to spells are the 2 mods that you must seek
You can easily use this setup until T5-T10.

Could you elaborate on what these are? I do not understand. After act x, you can turn in the items to get those mods on a wand? Or what? (Edit: Oh ok, I am actually that stupid. Are these crafts for your bench? I always powered through the acts without these, which ... made me always slow lol)
Last edited by Oldern365 on Apr 7, 2023, 10:05:52 AM
Those are the bench crafting, available after you complete the objects in these locations.

"
Oldern365 wrote:
"
whiterockxx wrote:
Aways identify wands and craft resists on you itens to have max all res possible and flat damage to wands if possible!

The recipers for flat element locations :

Act 3 - The Crystal Veins - Adds (10-13) to (19-22) Cold Damage to Spells - 4x Orb of Transmutation

Act 4 - The Lunaris Temple Level 2 - Adds (1-4) to (39-42) Lightning Damage to Spells 4x Orb of Transmutation

Act 6 - The Chamber of Sins Level 1 - Adds (2-6) to (73-77) Lightning Damage to Spells 2x Orb of Alchemy

Act 7 - The Causeway - Adds (17-23) to (34-40) Cold Damage to Spells 2x Orb of Alchemy

Spell crit chance and Adds Flat element to spells are the 2 mods that you must seek
You can easily use this setup until T5-T10.

Could you elaborate on what these are? I do not understand. After act x, you can turn in the items to get those mods on a wand? Or what? (Edit: Oh ok, I am actually that stupid. Are these crafts for your bench? I always powered through the acts without these, which ... made me always slow lol)
"
Alextros wrote:

Ghost reaver was definitely a part of the build through last league and works well. The idea I think Kelvynn expressed with not taking it this league was that that with instant leech and the trickster overleech it's more over the top than something you needed. It's an easy option to pivot to if instant leech implementation turns out to be underwhelming or you find yourself squishy.

For a single point, I feel that even if it's overkill most of the time, it's probably worth it, unless you're bossing a lot and the absence of recharge hurts you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info