[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Finally finished the campaign. Took nine hours, including messing around with Crucible and a couple of uneccessary sidequests.

For anyone looking to directly use Kelvynn's tree without switching to WI, here is what I used and will continue to use in maps until I can farm a staff (am playing SSF) :

1- Vortex on left-click. Just run through enemies and weak ones will follow you and die in the Vortex. Links : Bonechill, Efficacy and Controlled Destruction.

2- Frost bomb on a random link : extra damage for little uptime, cuts regen.

3- Frostblink with Arcane Surge lvl1 for easy procs.

4- Eye of Winter as a damage dealer for anything that requires more DPS. Benefits : no need to aim, gets bosses' adds at the same time. Links : Power charge on crit, Increased crit, Hypothermia.

5- CWDT, Ball Lightning, Hextouch, Frostbite.

6- Auras : Clarity, Herald of Ice, Purity of Elements.

I didn't switch to Chaos Inoculation. I ended up with 1k/1.2k life/Es and losing half your total HP/ES for chaos immunity doesn't seem like a good deal.
Last edited by WinterHiko on Apr 9, 2023, 8:53:01 AM
why do we go for the curse thing on the skill tree?
if i understand correctly we only have bonechill or am i missing soemthing?
"
CallmeGrandpa wrote:
why do we go for the curse thing on the skill tree?
if i understand correctly we only have bonechill or am i missing soemthing?

Build uses both Frostbite/punishment in the CWDT Ball lightning setup.
Could someone take a look at my build and see if theres something big I'm missing defensive wise, currency is low so I know some of the gear is complete trash, but just started on maps and I find myself getting one shot like 4 times a map only doing T1-T2 white or blue maps, I have tried taking CI and that seemed to just kill me even faster. My res isnt capped but with purity going and wise oak its capped. I think the build is a blast and want to push it to end game but it feels like I'm missing something obvious, thanks for any help!

My POB: https://pobb.in/8hhTuJC2xTJy
second )

2-node ok 0.9% spell crit = 9.7% crit
Last edited by archwerewolf on Apr 9, 2023, 4:16:42 PM
"
snekranger wrote:
Could someone take a look at my build and see if theres something big I'm missing defensive wise, currency is low so I know some of the gear is complete trash, but just started on maps and I find myself getting one shot like 4 times a map only doing T1-T2 white or blue maps, I have tried taking CI and that seemed to just kill me even faster. My res isnt capped but with purity going and wise oak its capped. I think the build is a blast and want to push it to end game but it feels like I'm missing something obvious, thanks for any help!

I took a quick look. First, just grind away. Leveling will go a long way, you're only level 68.

You don't need two life flasks. One will do. Put in a Granite Flask. That 1500 armour is really going to make a difference, especially if you use Rumi's, which will also give you block chance.

Your fourth lab is going to make a big difference by letting you allocate Polymath, which will in turn give you a truckload of ES regen while mapping.

Your ES is still very low. Try to get more int and ES.

If you have trouble with resistances, try Le Heup of All in the ring slot. It gives damage, allres and Intelligence. They're usually 1-2C and work wonders. RElying of your flask to get enough resses is problematic, because not only do you sometimes fall below 75% on your lightning res, but as soon as a Curse that lowers resistances or a map modifier reduces aura effects, you suddenly take double damage (as your resistance are barely capped). Try to get them to 80%-90% without a flask.

Allocate something on your Amulet. There's an incredibly cheap option that gives you +30 intelligence right there.

Change the craft on your chest from EV to ES. Craft some more resists/ES/int on your available affix slots.

If you haven't already, 20%quality all of your armour. You can get a surprising amount of ES from that alone and it's super cheap.

Conversion jewels (like Brute Force) should be 1-2C right now. Buy two with nice int rolls and socket them into both middle slots. You should get 100 int just there for super cheap.

Hope that helps! It should help you level for only a few chaos .
"
snekranger wrote:

i would say 2 things

- cap your res
- buy immortal call
Im pretty late to this so i hope you see it but how do you get the staff to channel while using while you have the those gems in it? i looked at your build and it looks like you have two staffs in the first and second set up? im seeing that if i want to use cyclone and icestorm channeling together then i have to put them in the staff. what do i do?
Hey guys! Slowly running through the campaign, I must say, I am loving this build more and more.

I am pretty sure I'll have questions, I am just at Lvl 53 right now.

Thanks to this awesome build, magnificent job Kelvynn!
How many COLD TO THE CORE can we use?
I tried two of them but cannot allocate it seems like a bugged?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info