[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

@whiterockxx this league i for sure try out your version maybe from start, maybe later swap
ill make tanky version and then will be take off layer by layer of defense till it will be balanced for me

i just dont like to die when it's not my fail.. and i dont know what the fu*k do i want))) I want some kind of middle option between them :DDDDDDDDDD

because of 10% instant leech this build will be INSANE

Last edited by santjohn on Apr 1, 2023, 7:51:34 PM
@whiterockxx
ty for ideas!
Last edited by santjohn on Apr 1, 2023, 8:01:18 PM
When say freeze Bosses I dont mean make them static, I mean apply the status of "Frozen".

To make then to take more damage from cold mastery:

(New) Enemies permanently take 5% increased Damage for each second they've ever been Frozen by you, up to a maximum 50%

Imagine on a 3-4 mins fight if it work.. But is all especulation, need to test on live when league launch :D
Last edited by whiterockxx on Apr 1, 2023, 9:19:50 PM
"
whiterockxx wrote:
Probably Ubers wont be able to be frozen, but Regular Pinnacle probably will.

Uber Maven takes 50% less damage, the rest of the uber pinnacle bosses take 70% less damage.

All non-ubers are already trivial, I see no reason to freeze them other than just for fun. But the idea is interesting anyway.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
whiterockxx wrote:
Probably Ubers wont be able to be frozen, but Regular Pinnacle probably will.

Uber Maven takes 50% less damage, the rest of the uber pinnacle bosses take 70% less damage.

All non-ubers are already trivial, I see no reason to freeze them other than just for fun. But the idea is interesting anyway.

Yea, its worth only for ubers, regular pinnacle is pretty trivial. I dont know if we will have damage enought to apply freeze on ubers, but if we have, man... that will be awesome :D
@whiterockxx
Could you please explain to a noobie like me, why in ur version I can see quite nice and big explosions from Icestorm?

I tried to use HoI in Kelvynn's version this league, but it was really useless, the explosions didn't even help clearing at all.
So here's something else to think about with a crit version with upcoming changes.

Side note - you can see the updated 3.21 tree at

https://poeplanner.com/

When I ran crit, I ran elemental weakness most of the time as the second curse, but in @Whiterockxx 's crit build he runs with Assassin's mark which has obvious crit synergy, applying it with mark on hit (via cyclone, as it requires an attack).

There is one very nice change if we run with Assassin's Mark, is that where the arcing blows tree cluster used to be is now a mark mastery cluster much more proximate to our pathing than the old location. The nodes in this cluster grant

20 % increased damage with hits and ailments against marked enemies x 2 for a total of 40%
Marked enemy takes 10% increased damage/marked enemy has 10% reduced accuracy

Mark mastery has the following potentially useful options, several of which are quite nice
-Marked enemy cannot deal critical strikes
-Marked enemy cannot regenerate life
-10% chance to gain a frenzy charge when you hit a marked enemy
-Mark transfers to another enemy when marked enemy dies
-Enemies near marked enemy are blinded
(irrelevant accuracy mastery)

You need to take one dex node to get there from the normal path (which you could mitigate via the nearby jewel cluster) but I definitely like having that mark mastery cluster accessible in the new tree

Last edited by Vahkerr on Apr 2, 2023, 4:42:33 PM
@Vahkerr i like your ideas)

can i get your pob closer to the beginning of the league?

more pobs to god of pobs :DDDDD
"
SGBye wrote:
@whiterockxx
Could you please explain to a noobie like me, why in ur version I can see quite nice and big explosions from Icestorm?

I tried to use HoI in Kelvynn's version this league, but it was really useless, the explosions didn't even help clearing at all.

Herald of Ice is a Herald skill. It reserves mana to grant added cold damage to attacks and spells and causes frozen enemies you shatter to explode, dealing cold damage in an area.

Kelvynn's version doesn't shatter because you have Elemental Overload

EO: Ailments never count as being from Critical Strikes
I am excited to try this build solely for it rewarding someone who doesn't speed through the campaign. Takes me a weekend sometimes to get through things depending on my mood. If I missed it, I apologize, but whats the preferred leveling skill prior to 33? Freezing pulse? I haven't played a few leagues so not sure whats good or bad at this point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info