[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Hello ! Great guide thank you, but I guess there are too many buttons for a controller ?
@whiterockxx

Do you start your passive tree as a crit version from the get-go?
or start with non-crit version and switch to crit version once you have enough currencies?

if it is the second case, what'll be your suggestion in terms of gauging transition from non-crit to crit?

Thanks for amazing work btw!
"
jbeeahn wrote:
@whiterockxx

Do you start your passive tree as a crit version from the get-go?
or start with non-crit version and switch to crit version once you have enough currencies?

if it is the second case, what'll be your suggestion in terms of gauging transition from non-crit to crit?

Thanks for amazing work btw!

Yes, i alerdy start with crit path tree. Soon as possible after A10 Kitava i replace wands with daggers, for more crit chance. And stay with Life/ES until have a nice (+4K) ES pool to swap to CI and ES only.

My recommendation is to have all crit chance nodes and all reservation efficiency before migrate for full WI setup.

Since the low budget crit version dont need any jewel, and is capable to do all pinnacle bosses, you can use it as soon as you feel confortably.
Oh wow! thank you so much for swift reply :)
I'm so excited to try out this build as a starter.

Again, much appreciated for amazing work!
PoB has been updated for 3.21, although not fully. For example, it still shows Arcane Surge with the pre-nerf effects. Waiting for them to update it fully.

In the meantime, I checked out what happens to the main (non-crit) version with the new changes. I took the Hatred version PoB and applied the following changes:
- replaced Arcane Surge with Energy Leech;
- removed Ghost Reaver;
- changed Ethereal Feast to the shorter path and took the 10% instant leech;
- removed Enigmatic Defense (since the 1/16 Int/Dmg mod is gone);
- replaced Mystic Bulwark with Dreamer for Mana Mastery and took the 12% MRE;
- took the new Glacial Cage cluster and cold exposure on hit and removed PWoC;
- spent 3 points on Elemental Overload since there is no more relic;
- spent the last 3 skill points on Holy Dominion/Light of Divinity.

https://pobb.in/eY6wx3rlHEOb

The results:
- 3.20: avg hit vs a low life boss: 1243k
- 3.21: avg hit vs a low life boss: 1485k

That's 19.5% more damage. Without losing any tankiness (which may be a total overkill with the new leech).

The crit version lost 25.3% damage according to Whiterockxx? While being a glass cannon. Hmm... Is it actually worth the pain? Still gonna think on that before the release. I like some of Vahkerr's ideas too. Maybe there is a good combination somewhere...

Regardless, the main non-crit version is more awesome than ever.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 3, 2023, 1:48:40 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
PoB has been updated for 3.21, although not fully. For example, it still shows Arcane Surge with the pre-nerf effects. Waiting for them to update it fully.

In the meantime, I checked out what happens to the main (non-crit) version with the new changes. I took the Hatred version PoB and applied the following changes:
- replaced Arcane Surge with Energy Leech;
- removed Ghost Reaver;
- changed Ethereal Feast to the shorter path and took the 10% instant leech;
- removed Enigmatic Defense (since the 1/16 Int/Dmg mod is gone);
- replaced Mystic Bulwark with Dreamer for Mana Mastery and took the 12% MRE;
- took the new Glacial Cage cluster and cold exposure on hit and removed PWoC;
- spent 3 points on Elemental Overload since there is no more relic;
- spent the last 3 skill points on Holy Dominion/Light of Divinity.

https://pobb.in/eY6wx3rlHEOb

The results:
- 3.20: avg hit vs a low life boss: 1243k
- 3.21: avg hit vs a low life boss: 1485k

That's 19.5% more damage. Without losing any tankiness (which may be a total overkill with the new leech).

The crit version lost 25.3% damage according to Whiterockxx? While being a glass cannon. Hmm... Is it actually worth the pain? Still gonna think on that before the release. I like some of Vahkerr's ideas too. Maybe there is a good combination somewhere...

Regardless, the main non-crit version is more awesome than ever.

nice, and removal of PWoC opens up a socket too
And here's a crit version:

https://pobb.in/762g4h5U97-4

I took the minimalistic approach, similar to Vahkerr's version:
- no heavy investment in crit clusters, just Arcane Potency, Assassination and Counterweight;
- Ambush and Assassinate on the forbidden jewels;
- can't afford Glacial Cage and cold mastery, so just going with PWoC;
- funny enough, Hatred with the cold pen Watcher's Eye is better than Zealotry with a similar Eye mod, because Hatred mods have higher numbers;
- replaced the expensive Crusader 12% Int chest with a moderate red/blue Eldritch one with crit/Hatred mods vs bosses.

Result: 1942k avg hit vs a low life boss. That's 31% more than the main non-crit version! While still being super tanky. Whoa whoa!!

ETA: Updated with the eldritch chest.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 3, 2023, 3:30:48 PM
This sounds great.
@Kelvynn

Nice approach on the crit tree, seems really solid.

However I'll use a different approch. Starting as low-budget, no jewels required until High-Budget setup later on.

Below is my low budget tree that I will use at the beginning:

https://poeplanner.com/b/D0N

The High-budget this league have more damage on bosses then in Sanctum, with same itens.. maybe a little cheaper since i'm planning to drop the Emperor's Wit and way more survivability.

I'm still working on min-max the tree... will share results as soon as i could test and finish.

But the Low-Budget is enought to kill all pinnacle bosses and get all Voidstones!
"
whiterockxx wrote:
@Kelvynn

Nice approach on the crit tree, seems really solid.

However I'll use a different approch. Starting as low-budget, no jewels required until High-Budget setup later on.

Below is my low budget tree that I will use at the beginning:

https://poeplanner.com/b/D0N

The High-budget this league have more damage on bosses then in Sanctum, with same itens.. maybe a little cheaper since i'm planning to drop the Emperor's Wit and way more survivability.

I'm still working on min-max the tree... will share results as soon as i could test and finish.

But the Low-Budget is enought to kill all pinnacle bosses and get all Voidstones!

Are you giving up on cluster jewels completely?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info