[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

I am really looking forward to the new consensus in levelling builds and a crit versus non crit end game build.

I'd help but I have a book to finish by Thursday! My postings are going to be very limited before Friday.

To summarize what I have seen, from memory:

1. It's faster to hit maps without using WI -- a good cold build will kill far faster.

2. If you have that good cold build, you can use it until mid maps and collect currency for a Stampede, Astramentis, 18% WI, orbs to 5S or 6S your WI -- by Friday night.

3. A cold crit build does considerably more damage but is squishy. However, the assassin's mark may make things different. And being squishy at level 80 or less isn't that important.

4. We may have to buy 2 rings with +1 to endurance charges (or burn 2 exalts) early on with the crit build.

5. Crit build levels up via ?? early on and then explosive trap. Or possibly spark. Definitely use supported frostblink to take out the trash.

Did I miss anything?
"
SGBye wrote:
@whiterockxx
Could you please explain to a noobie like me, why in ur version I can see quite nice and big explosions from Icestorm?

I tried to use HoI in Kelvynn's version this league, but it was really useless, the explosions didn't even help clearing at all.

That was a setup that I made exclusively for fast map clear.

1. The explosion come from Shatter of Herald of Ice.

2. Shatter heppens aways when you kill a frozen enemy.

3. Critical Hits aways freeze enemies. So they aways shatter!

4. Got lots of Increase area of effect from passive tree.

5. Herald is linked with Awakened Increased Area of Effect Support to make even biger explosions.

To make everything happens like you saw on the video of the Chayula's Pure Breachstone, you need a good damage % increased/more cold damage and Herald of Ice linked with Increased area of effect.
"
Graiaule wrote:
1. It's faster to hit maps without using WI -- a good cold build will kill far faster.

2. If you have that good cold build, you can use it until mid maps and collect currency for a Stampede, Astramentis, 18% WI, orbs to 5S or 6S your WI -- by Friday night.

3. A cold crit build does considerably more damage but is squishy. However, the assassin's mark may make things different. And being squishy at level 80 or less isn't that important.

4. We may have to buy 2 rings with +1 to endurance charges (or burn 2 exalts) early on with the crit build.

5. Crit build levels up via ?? early on and then explosive trap. Or possibly spark. Definitely use supported frostblink to take out the trash.

Did I miss anything?

1. 100% true

2. FrostBlink + Herald of Ice as main clear skills + Eye of Winter linked to unleash and other supports for bosses is enought to take you from A1 to maps T10 in few hours and with enought currency to buy a WI, Stampede and Astraments.

3. Yes, Crit does more damage and is squishier, need to pay more attention on what doing to not kill yourself xD

4. Endurance charges on acessories are awesome, but not mandatory, just a great addition to survivability and can be used on both versions.

5. I as crit, usualy start with eplosive trap + frost bomb + frost blink. At the end of Act 4 replace explosive trap with Eye of Winter + Unleash. Aways making use of the power of shatter from herald of ice.

I dont think you missing nothing, its summarize all discussion for 3.21
Last edited by whiterockxx on Apr 2, 2023, 8:16:05 PM
FAQ seems to imply that crucible trees being dependant on base type is more general. Their example is bows get bow nodes. That might mean that the nodes are staves nodes, rather than warstaves, and could roll caster nodes.

Still speculative, but that would make sense and be great news for us.
"
Graiaule wrote:
I am really looking forward to the new consensus in levelling builds and a crit versus non crit end game build.

I'd help but I have a book to finish by Thursday! My postings are going to be very limited before Friday.

To summarize what I have seen, from memory:

Did I miss anything?

A fairly standard Cold DoT Trickster build will get you through the first (story mode) pinnacle bosses pretty easy. It paths fairly close to the crit tree as is. (This is Creeping Frost/Cold Snap/Vortex). It won't be CI as it is DoT based not hit based so requires a bit more investment in life than some may want to respec - but it's a solid option.

With the return of the 12% reservation mastery you can quite comfortably run Grace/Determ/Defiance banner while levelling again if you don't like dying. Alternatively you can swap out one of the 50% aura's for Malev if you prefer more damage (and are doing cold DoT). There is also some potential for some EB/MoM shenanigans due to the pathing being so close too. Again it depends how worried people are about spending re-specs.
The PoB was updated today, and after imported my current Lvl 100 Sanctum character, I was able to see the real numbers after the nerfs.

With the Arcane Surge Buff nerf and the remove of 1% increased spell per 16 INT mastery my character lost about 25,3% of total damage.

Pre-nerf damage per shard = 1.617.662,9
After-nerf dmg per shard = 1.208.671,7

The version dps still very high but it was a big nerf...

Now I'm working on get this damage back from other sources.

BTW the crit version still on a very good spot to do confortably any kind of content.

I'll back soon with my tests and updates on the tree.
Last edited by whiterockxx on Apr 3, 2023, 12:28:20 AM
For the people who were asking about the Warstaff base + crucible trees, ggg confirmed in the recently asked questions post that specific uniques have been tagged as caster/minion/etc when appropriate.

Whispering Ice was specifically mentionned as being tagged to use caster skills.
"
whiterockxx wrote:
The PoB was updated today, and after imported my current Lvl 100 Sanctum character, I was able to see the real numbers after the nerfs.

With the Arcane Surge Buff nerf and the remove of 1% increased spell per 16 INT mastery my character lost about 25,3% of total damage.

Pre-nerf damage per shard = 1.617.662,9
After-nerf dmg per shard = 1.208.671,7

The version dps still very high but it was a big nerf...

Now I'm working on get this damage back from other sources.

BTW the crit version still on a very good spot to do confortably any kind of content.

I'll back soon with my tests and updates on the tree.

oof big dmg nerf :/
Great news guys!

I was running the nerf test on my Santum Character.

Test was made on Chayula's Flawless Breachstone... It's not for everyone!

- Removed Arcane Surge, so I didnt recived even the mana regen!

-Removet the Caster mastery 1% increased spell per 16 INT and all that spell/block cluster passives!

And follow the result:

https://youtu.be/AsWkMUOuZxc

follow the drops from this run:

This is the reason why i like to farm it... the Chayula's Grasping Mail alone with this fractured mod worth 30 Divs!

Conclusion: The Version still safe, if can do it can do anything.

I'll still working on a PoB to increase the damage and the survivavility even further that will be possible on 3.21!

But now i can get a good sleep, knowing the build will be fine in 3.21 and i dont need to worry about anymore :D
"
rntgms wrote:
"
SGBye wrote:
@whiterockxx
Could you please explain to a noobie like me, why in ur version I can see quite nice and big explosions from Icestorm?

I tried to use HoI in Kelvynn's version this league, but it was really useless, the explosions didn't even help clearing at all.

Herald of Ice is a Herald skill. It reserves mana to grant added cold damage to attacks and spells and causes frozen enemies you shatter to explode, dealing cold damage in an area.

Kelvynn's version doesn't shatter because you have Elemental Overload

EO: Ailments never count as being from Critical Strikes

Thanks a lot for ur answer! Now it's clear :)

#EDIT: by the way, GGG confirmed that The Whispering Ice will be tagged Caster, so the tree will most likely be fully suitable for Icestorm.
Last edited by SGBye on Apr 3, 2023, 3:28:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info