Game Mechanics Q&A

about connected map drops: we can get up to 70% from atlas passives, and the map boss naturally has a 30% chance; are these probabilities independent?

(explanation for fellow exiles: if the probabilities are independent, and assuming we get all the atlas passives, 21% of maps will drop 2 connected maps, 21% of maps will drop NO connected maps, and 58% of maps will drop 1 connected map; if the bonuses add up, every map will drop exactly 1 connected map, and 30% of the time this will be the map boss, 70% of the time some randomly selected mob)
"
AltCtrlEgo wrote:
when the menagerie is full, how does the game pick which beast to replace?
(hopefully, it's never a valuable one!)
thanks

I also am curious about this.
More of a recent game mechanic, but goes hand in hand with some of the existing mechanics that have been around for years.

What was the thinking behind making sentinels drop unidentified? Considering they're glorified corrupted items in that they can't be modified, which are dropped identified.
1. why 1 socket resonators exist?
2. why we can't stack crafts from harvest in bench?
3. why we can't summon all magic/rare monster in game as spectres?
Honestly the most interesting question id have is has there ever been any correlation between lab layouts and the enchants rewarded

its for the most part been a meme but I could see at some point there being some sort of method to the madness . im sure it would have been something totally random like you are more likely to see tornado shot enchants on Sundays

ive always though meme theories like this were fun

--

other than that id maybe ask what was the thinking with removing scourge spectres from phantasmal desecrate early last league in like a ninja nerf, like someone designed those mobs i sort of liked them , hopefully they get reused somewhere but keeping at least a couple for minion builds seemed fun, was it a case of those are too powerful for minion builds or a case of we dont like having to manage what previous league minions are available to players

right now phant desecrate could use some other minion i believe it only summons one special minion atm
Whatever army I have, I'll lead against them...
...until I've won or I'm dead.
• Level 38 VS The World • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929461
• Crafting Service • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451155
Minions and Flaks:

Is there any plan to make the mechanic, that your minions can benefit from your Flasks, viable? The mechenic exists in the game, mainly via the uniques "Mother's Embrace" and "Umbilicus Immortalis". Both uniques are fundamentaly flawed. Umbilicus Immortalis punishes the insanely (probably harder than any other unique in the game). Mother's Embrace just does not work in gameplay, because the minions use way too much flask charges (despite that the flask charges used by minions is reduced by the item). Even with a perfectly rolled version, you will be instantly out of flasks.

Is there any plan to revisit this mechanic / rework the uniques?
How does your loot system function?

I mean how does it categorize items and check for which item to drop?

Like in Beastiary league you made nets drop from the same pool as alchemy which made alchemy not drop, but what pool is alchemy in? Currency? Basic Currency? something else?

Does the system check for currency -> yes , then quality currency -> no , basic currency -> yes? or how does it actually function.

For example in d2 you have the items check from top to bottom..
Is it unique -> no , is it set -> no , is it rare -> yes and then a rare drops.

Is this the same for PoE?

And then does it check if what drops is an actual item, a currency, a map or what not?

So the sum of all these questions is, how does the system decide what drops?
A deep detailed description would be prefered.
Did Zana go fishing?
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
For when an integrated trade, no pricing, no scammers, no bots.
37 pages and a couple of days already and not 1 answer from GGG about anything. honestly not surprised so far. just the usual players answering that think everyone should listen to them.

this should be closed. GGG, you are so out of touch with your players by not communicating with them on a regular basis which is what this forum should be used for. if you are that scared, at least get a front man that can be in the middle of you and your players that will at least communicate with us. we ask him/her something, they ask you behind the scenes, they get an answer and then give it to us. that way you can still hide behind the internet like you do now.
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info