Game Mechanics Q&A

How big is nearby compared to in your area?
What does in your area even mean, Is it next to me or just in the same game instance?
Why does the additional information button [alt] not show additional info about ranges like this? (Also goes for skill ranges like herald of ice or Fire explosions and Inpulsa)

Thanks for hosting this Q&A
why not make armor that works normally, and not this crap that just disappears at certain damage numbers?
Does the %increased damage taken on Divergent purifying flames stack additively with bottled faith?
Why these 2 mods on daggers have the same wording and one of them doesn't work.
Rune daggers:
[suffix] 25% chance to Poison on Hit
(31–40)% increased Damage with Poison
- That works for spells (aka seismic trap)

[prefix] (120–139)% increased Physical Damage
(21–25)% chance to Poison on Hit

- that one does not work

These got THE SAME wording for the poison chance and they don't work the same

Change the wording
Question: Is it intended that many sources of additional map drops even from sources like influence altars do not respect the current atlas setup and tree or is it just hard to get a handle on all cases? I don't mind it too much I'm just curious if it is intentional disign and if so what the idea behind it is.
Is ABC leech's net recovery/s affected by "x% increased ABC Recovery rate" affix?
To me it should be affected as leeching recovery occurs overtime if not why? Reason why I'm asking is that PoB claims that it doesn't apply, granted PoB is not 100% accurate hence why I'm asking.
How does "socketed gems are supported by ..." works with decay and impending doom?

For example if i have forbidden shako with decay + lifetap or impending doom + unbound elements and have active skill gem in shako to triger those effects

Will decay get duration tag (or specifically will its duration become modifiable as it is when you have lifetap gem directly)?
Will decay get "more damage while you have lifetap"?
Will unbound elements modify ailments from impending doom?

Usually the answer is no, but decay inherits modifiers from active skill like more damage per chain from arc, so I am a bit confused

P.S. please add tooltip for decay, literally zero information on active skill and char info page
"
duskwuff wrote:
What does the process for placing monsters and extra content in an instance look like?

What determines where extra content is placed in the map? Is it correct that some (like Expedition) are placed based on layout and some (like Essence) replace or modify monster packs that have already been placed?

Is it possible for some content to be "spawn limited"? If so, what are the relevant constraints?

I also am curious about this.
Need Sirus Carried? thread/3200785
or in game @WatchersEye
I'd also like to hear about "presence" as a different from "nearby" concept.

There a lot "nearby" related requests anyways, and if you decide to address them (althought that has been explained several times already, even in details) cover "presence" as well please. The questions outlined here.

I'm also interested, why among all nearbies only proliferation effects are worthy to list specific radius value.
Last edited by MonaHuna on Jun 4, 2022, 5:40:08 AM
I got extreamly low chance to get a deerstalker while playing mine skill character, while got tons of it while not so.

is this such game mechanic GGG intended?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info