Game Mechanics Q&A

I would like to know about Doom/Doom Blast.

It's rather tricky to find basic information as to how it scales.

Here are my assumptions and questions:
- Doom Blast is Chaos damage.
- Doom Blast Hits.
- Does doom increase the effectiveness of the curse?
- Doom is capped at 30? What duration caps at 30 Doom? Is it the 6 seconds of the default self-casted curse duration?
- Is the Doom cap increased by unique items or by increasing the curse duration?
- Does improving Curse Efficiency impact the damage of Doom Blast's Hit or any part of Doom's scaling or duration?
- Do the following notes on the Impending Doom gem impact other Hits while the monster has doom stacking up on them (like minions, a party member, or another skill I'm using)? Or do they only apply to Impending Doom's Hit? ("40% more Damage with Hits per 5 Doom on Hex" and "15% more Damage with Ailments per 5 Doom on Hex")

I had a couple more questions regarding this but I forgot them. I should have written them down. Oh well.

I'm excited for the Q&A whether my question makes the cut or not! Thanks for doing another one of these!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
why isn't there a system that properly indicates what happened to you, we dont have any thing then maybe a third party replay system that could indicate why or what we died to. it would be nice have something to assist with figuring out how to make my build better.
Why not implement new character models and new ascendancies like shapeshifter before PoE2 for testing?

Flask suffix that grant "an additional X% of flask's life recovery amount over 10 seconds"

I something supposed to affect the effect? Things that normally affect life base life recovery from flask do not.

Global increased flask effect do not work.

Global increased life recovery from flask do not work.

YET

If you have Supreme Decadence, which states that "Life recovery from flasks also applies to energy shield", the additional X% is recovered as energy shield as well.

I've been staring at the wording, but I can't make sense of what's up. It seems inconsistent. Is it a flask effect? Is it life recovery from flask?
Question regarding the mace mastery node saying:

Mace Mastery: Crush enemies on hit with maces and sceptres.

It does not specify a duration, so i wonder if it only applies to the mace hitting, or if it is a timed debuff that would work on a different weapon type?

Excample. 1 handed mace + 1 handed axe dual wield

Thank you.
Why does cold snap ground degen does so much damage? What type of damage it does?
if i get 100% to explode enemies for quarter of their life as chaos from
2x obliterations
profane bloom
and 2 clusters

and then stick chance to poison support into obliterations would it poison from all these explosions or only the ones that came from wands?
Related to doom on curses:

- Do self-cast curses start at 0 or 1 doom? I ask because Malicious Intent gives +4 doom to curses (which I assume acts as minimum doom), so this determines whether or not self-casting immediately hits the 5-doom breakpoint for many mechanics.

- I recall reading somewhere that the base doom gain rate is 10/sec. Is this a discrete 10 per second interval, or does doom increase with server ticks smoothly?

- Does Fated End's "Hexes expire 0.5 seconds after reaching maximum Doom" scale with duration?
Unlockable Hideouts:

There are some unlockable hideouts that could only be found in maps that have since been removed from the Atlas (e.g. Primordial Blocks, Haunted Mansion, Iceberg, Dig).

Are there any plans to re-introduce those maps or integrate their respective hideouts to currently available maps?
Heres 2 questions tied together.

- How do you take and measure people feedback (outside of this QA as its rare) ?

- Do you intend to actualy make a real feedback system like IN GAME regular survey, that would actualy take the real people feelings on various aspect ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info