Game Mechanics Q&A

Will you adress the itemisation issue before PoE2 ? If you do, how do you imagine you'll do it ?

There are many problems with itemisation, mostly coming from the fact that randomly generated items are so overwhelmingly bad that it is not worth the time to pick them up.

I get that you don't want the items to drop identified because the mods could be filtered, but giving additional information on unidentified items such as the average tier of the mods on the items could be a solution. This way, it could be possible to orient the frequency of good items droping. Even with recombinators, it's more efficient to half craft items and recombine them than identifying items on the floor (may be except for the SSF players).

There is a real problem with itemisation, and I don't think that it can wait PoE2.

Last edited by NicoTheDuck on Jun 3, 2022, 7:22:11 PM
Vortex, Chills. But how much?

Chill is a natural result of cold damage in the game and the chill value is based on a bunch of fun factors. Vortex, in its gem description, chills no matter what, but none of the wiki's or the gem description say by how much. What is Vortex's base chill value? Does it increase based on gem level or damage? Or is it always the same?
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
1. How life pool reduces/influences damage taken ?

2. How ES pool reduces/influences damage taken ?

3. Is some threshold/efficiency limit of defenses like Evasion etc ?

4. Are some hidden preferences/bonuses from character classes ?

5. Damage over time stop/prevent energy shield recovery ?
🌞 Designer of SimpleFilter see My Item Filters 🌞
Question: Is there any plans of implementing the fusings change before PoE 2 launch?
I'm still not quite sure if Elemental Overload has any effect on traps these days, so does it increase the damage the traps deal when they crit?
Can an orb of binding override the six link/socket lock on weapons/body armor?

If yes, is there any specific reason why .
How exactly does overwhelm work with overcapped physical mitigation? For example if I have enough armour to have 90% physical damage reduction and 30% additional physical damage reduction via endurance charges + gear, would a monster with 50% overwhelm have its hit reduced by 40% or by 70%?

Is this outcome identical to clicking an altar that has "player has -50% physical damage reduction"?
Any plans to rework Blight mechanics? As it stands, it's too chaotic and fast-paced for any sort of thoughtful and strategic gameplay:

Problem 1: Layout.
Players often have to manage multiple paths going in opposite directions. This is unreasonably difficult for solo players, as they're forced to run between opposite ends of the encounter, which is often simply not feasible.

Consider limiting permitted area for root generation to a 45*-90* degree cone.

Problem 2: Pacing.
There is no breathing room for decision-making or even just safely clicking the build/upgrade buttons. As soon as the first wave spawns - it's pure non-stop chaos until the end.

Consider adding a pause between waves (with a button to start the next wave prematurely if the player wishes to).
Last edited by vandervast on Jun 3, 2022, 9:10:30 PM
when the menagerie is full, how does the game pick which beast to replace?
(hopefully, it's never a valuable one!)
thanks
When using scarabs to add encounters into a map do you lower the chance that additional random encounters will occur? Is there a maximum number of encounters that will preclude additional ones from spawning?

I.e. you use an ambush, breach, expedition, and blight scarab along with your map. Will your chance to encounter a harvest be lower than if you did not use any scarabs? Is there a maximum numbers of encounters that might be reached in an easier fashion due to the scarabs that would make harvest appear lower than expected?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info