Game Mechanics Q&A

To preface these questions, sometimes the skills or items seem to be made in a way that makes it difficult to see whether certain affects apply to them as well.

Questions:

When do we know when certain effects such as passives, items etc. apply to more than the player?
For instance, how does it apply to Arcanist Brand, Totems and Minions?
Could there be a tag of some sort to know whether a passive or other affect is applied to the corresponding skill?
When talking about lucky loot ... why is it all or nothing? Can there be a continuous gradient of loot quality so you can reduce the number of rares and just slightly increase how good they are, instead of full commitment to the type of loot from grand heists? Then you could make rares that drop from harder enemies better proportional to the difficulty of the fight.
Opalescent oil: Varieties of Items contained in 15 Blight Chests are Lucky
Violet oil: Lanes of Blight Encounters have 20% chance for an additional Reward Chest

Is the wording inconsistent or is there a difference between a Blight Chest and a Reward Chest?

Does "Varieties" mean higher chance to get a scarab chest, or better scarabs when you get a scarab chest? If it's higher chance to get a better chest is it pointless to have more than 20 lucky chests in a blight map?
Last edited by NormieGamer1 on Jun 3, 2022, 3:39:08 PM
Is there a weighting when an orb of annulment/add and remove from beastiary or similar is used?
So more rare/higher tier mods are more likely to be picked?

Thx in advance
Mechanical Question regarding explosions and similar effects:

Take the following example:

My character has the following:
1. Profane Bloom.
2. A Body armour with the Crusader explode mod.
3. Herald of Ice.
4. Herald of Ashe.
5. A Punishment Curse Aura
6. A Bino's Kitchen Knife Equipped

The enemy has the following:

1. Is frozen so it can be shattered with Herald of Ice.
2. The Punishment Curse Aura is affecting it.
3. Is poisoned.

Now for the actual mechanical question.
What happens if I now kill the enemy with a hit?

From my own experience if the enemy explodes from for example the Body armour Bino's Kitchen Knife does not poison surrounding enemies.

How do I determin which effects are taking place and how are they organized in priority for the sake of denying other effects.

Thank you for reading my question!
For sources of multiple exposure like from starlight Chalice, you have "Inflict Fire, Cold and Lightning Exposure on nearby Enemies when used". Will the Elemental Mastery passive " Exposure you inflict applies at least -18% to the affected Resistance" will it give -18% for fire, cold and lightning exposure?

Follow up question is that you would also get the Cold Mastery "Cold Exposure you inflict applies an extra -5% to Cold Resistance",will this give you -18% for fire and lightning and -23% for cold? Or since cold will now be the highest exposure, it will remove the other two exposures and will simply give -23% cold exposure?
Last edited by Chaniboy on Jun 3, 2022, 3:53:32 PM
"Stun and Block Recovery" stat - reveal its secrets! Was it sleeper OP this whole time? Does it taste better grilled or boiled?
whats EMPOWERS mean? whats different 40% vs 50% EMPOWERS from sent?
can u give explanation what each % empower give?

also its true that pack size increase number runic monsters in maps and logbook? or where it increase? what affect runic monsters and remnant on map mods?
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead
Last edited by TreeOfDead on Jun 3, 2022, 3:58:14 PM
On the wiki page for herald of purity it states

Because of base Ignite damage changes, Ignite with the skill is now 50.0% higher when using the Death Wish skill from the Maw of Mischief Unique Helmet.

does that mean that when a sentinel of purity explodes it does 50% more damage. If so are there any other minions that have this benefit or are they the only one.

Also when summoning a specter from your zombies with aukuna's will what stat modifiers do they have? PoeDB lists a raised zombie but there is no way to test if that's the actual thing you get.

Not really a game mechanics question but any word on getting an inspector for active minions? Nothing too complex just something in the character screen.
What's the best fishing spot?

Asking for a friend...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info