Game Mechanics Q&A

I think the big question on everyone's mind is what's with the garbled text and will it be fixed by PoE 2?
All these years after launch, there are still a number of in-game mechanics for which it is impossible or impractical to determine the effectiveness of (minion stats, for example). Often these constraints force players to use third-party tools to calculate the effectiveness of certain builds

Are there any plans to add more comprehensive in-game analysis for builds?

Path is a complicated game, sometimes to its own detriment.
Are Tier 16 maps intended to be survived by players with capped(75%) resistances, or is it intended that you be higher by that point?

Sometimes it feels as though Aurabots or mechanics which convert damage taken to something you have stacked resistance to is mandatory, rather than just an improvement to survivability. This is in addition to your other layers of defense, of course.
I have a question about Atlas Skills.
Grand Design can give you increased pack size,
and Underground Kingdom have chance to contain Abyss base on increased pack size.
Are they work together?
Cruelty support isn't stated to not work with minions, but for whatever reason it doesn't work with minions. Is this intended? If not will there be in game clarity on it in the future?
Is there a reason to say "nearby" instead of listing an actual radius for the effects that say nearby? You can't see this radius either way without tools outside of the game but still.
How are item bases going to work on Path of exile 2?
and how will they affect the unique item drops?
since there will be no Poe1 Bases how are they gonna drop? you're not making a gigantic list of new unique items for the new bases... right? you can't just eliminate the whole pool of unique items.

Are you guys planning on making an in-game rotation shuffler of Map pools? since you want to limit the exact number of maps in the atlas, how are you gonna manage the end game map system with the addition of the great number of tilesets and new maps of POE2 into the Atlas system? let's say there's 35 new Maps in the game by the time Poe2 drops, are you guys gonna manually operate the map pool for the atlas every three months?
Does anything else affect harbinger drops except sextants?
Does map quantity or rarity affect the number and rarity of harvest crafts?
Concerning loot tables, outside of area-specific drops such as div cards, are loot tables determined when a map opens? As in, does a new loot table generate on a per map basis. e.g. one atoll map might include Cospri's Malice and another atoll map doesn't.

For example, over the years I've noticed weird drop occurrences such as kingmaker dropping twice in the same map (not duped), but then not dropping again for hundreds of maps or more. This example is noticeable with other rare items as well.

This obviously has 0 effect on how anyone would play the game but it would be interesting to understand the idea behind it if my theory is true.
Can Boneshatter's self-damage be converted(physical to cold, for example) or critical strike?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info