3.18.0d Patch Notes Preview

State of game:

So today's PoE requires almost all mana reservation be used for defensive auras (Determination, Grace, Purity of Elements, Defiance Banner, etc.)

You must devote passive points to increase resist maximums over 75% (Crystal Skin, Prismatic Skin, Anointed Flesh, etc.)

You've got to have 75% resistance to chaos damage.

You have to have 100% spell suppression. Also need max block.

Even after you manage all the above, some AN mob will either one-shot you from off screen, disable your auras, reflect damage, drain your flasks, chase you across the map, etc.

This emphasis on defense is killing build diversity and even if you do build multiple layers of defense it's no sure thing that something stupid won't kill you.

On top of it ALL, drops are terrible.

Please just remove AN mods from the game. Give us more passive points or mana reservation efficiency so we can run a few offensive auras. Get rid of on death effects. Limit ground effects. Bring back the fun.
"
Shakeyvick wrote:
State of game:

So today's PoE requires almost all mana reservation be used for defensive auras (Determination, Grace, Purity of Elements, Defiance Banner, etc.)

You must devote passive points to increase resist maximums over 75% (Crystal Skin, Prismatic Skin, Anointed Flesh, etc.)

Even after you manage all the above, some AN mob will either one-shot you from off screen, disable your auras, reflect damage, drain your flasks, chase you across the map, etc.

This emphasis on defense is killing build diversity and even if you do build multiple layers of defense it's no sure thing that something stupid won't kill you.

Please just remove AN mods from the game. Give us more passive points or mana reservation efficiency so we can run a few offensive auras. Get rid of on death effects. Limit ground effects. Bring back the fun.

sums up how stupid poe actualy is. i tryed that all with fortify + 6200 life.. getting rekt anyway. not even touching any pinnacle altars.
fk archnemesis.
Last edited by SuperDrop on May 25, 2022, 10:42:44 AM
"
Shakeyvick wrote:
State of game:

+999
Absolute truth right there!
The monsters are still over-tuned and need to be nerfed way more.

In terms of immunity:
Move 80% down to 40%, move 50% down to 25%.

health:
cut extra health on mobs in half

damage:
cut extra damage in half

Running grace, determination, defiance banner, with 100% spell supression I'm still getting 1 or 2 shot by these monsters.

I guess I can go and get a shield and a bunch of block nodes, but how much more do I have to build defense in order to survive in red maps?

The monsters are too hard during the Acts, the monsters are too hard during maps, the monsters are too hard period.

Just because some top tier streamer says the game is easy doesn't make it so.

Start designing the game for your more average gamer.

"
moozooh wrote:
"
Effigy: Summoned Effigies are now spawned at the player's location and are immune to damage for 2 seconds after linking to a player. While linked, 50% of damage from Hits taken by the Effigy is also taken by the player as reflected damage (previously 100%).

Dear GGG devs, I don't understand why you think this mechanic is clever, engaging, or fun.

Please explain this to me because I really want to know.

This mechanic, like many of Archnemesis mods, feels interesting outside the context it is actually met in. It's a fun hypothetical mod.

This is reality. Try finding the Effigy rare within two seconds of looking at this image.

What's that? You couldn't?

See, I don't want to play Where's Waldo where I can can potentially lose days or weeks of progress if I don't find AND kill the right monster in two seconds. It's UNREASONABLE.

It's not a matter of skill because nothing in the game allows you to train for locating Effigy rares.

It's not a matter of tactics because nothing in the game gives you reliable tools to outplay the mechanic in any context.

It's not a matter of poor builds unless you just want every build to be immune to all kinds of reflected damage, even if they don't deal hit damage to begin with, just for this mod alone.

It's not a matter of not playing the game correctly, because if the game wants me to pause to read the mods on monsters, it better pause itself so I can not worry about dying to them interacting with me normally. Doing that AND reading whatever mods there are is UNREASONABLE.

This mod leaves the player with no meaningful agency on where and how to deal with it. It's a ticking time bomb that will eventually go off whether or not the player can handle it. It's different from a damage spike because damage spikes is something you can manage with builds and choosing which content to play. There is at least some player agency involved in that.

Encountering Effigy is NOT like that because you'll encounter it in all content, including scenarios where you can't walk away from it, including scenarios where there will be multiple rare monsters in the room, including scenarios where there is too much visual clutter to even see it in the first place.

I don't understand how do you want me to deal with it.

Please explain it to me so I can understand, or remove it from game. I won't be playing or supporting any longer PoE until you do one of the two.

I'm completely on your side man. I quit on last Sunday, since this mod alone is a reason to not play anymore. So many people complain about literally everything, but there are some groups, each of which has a big-problem others may not have. Like I read many threads about ground degen, which didn't piss me off a single time actually, because it's not an instant kill and you can avoid / wait it out. But mechanics like Effigy, where you cannot do any shit against, is just borderline bullshit.
"
Krogbarg wrote:
tbh i don't care about ailment immunities, it's the immunities (vulnerable) to certain damage types that needs to be gone

If you are care about immunity to damage types then you should care about ailment immunities as well.

If you play a hit-damage build that does fire damage and run into enemies that are fire immune, this sucks. Similarly, if you play an ailment-damage build that does ignite damage (which means like zero hit-damage) and run into enemies that are ignite immune, this sucks too, but worse, because you have to worry about both fire immune and ignite immune.

I agree that immunity to <insert damage type> needs to be gone, but this needs to be all inclusive.

Like I stated in another post, if streamers say everything is "ok" and players are "just complaining" (this was said by a TOP streamer), then I do not thi9nk GGG will care what anyone else thinks. If there are still people playing.. I mean purchasing...I mean playing,,,, Well you know what I mean!
Havent played since after the first week of this league, and the way things are going, doesnt look like i'll be coming back. Just get rid of the AN mechanic already, whats the point of doing these fixes when a majority of the community hates it and wants it gone?
Why are you wasting your resources on all of these hotfixes, just rollback AN and be done with it, give our game back to us.

I wont be playing POE anymore until AN is gone, just not worth the grief and frustration, this game is no longer fun, its more on the lines of playing russian roulette with every mob on the map. No thanks, im done killing myself to this absurd mechanic.
We're still working on a fix for Headhunter and will release it as soon as it's ready. Thanks for your feedback!

Yeah.. sureee
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
delete the fuckin effigy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info