3.18.0d Patch Notes Preview

"
PurpleChakra wrote:
"
SirPengas wrote:
Archnemesis is anti-fun. The mods are in majority of instances too powerful.

Okay, fine so far.

"
SirPengas wrote:
I just 6-portaled a 10-way atlas invitation because the caster from burial chambers had soul eater and was the last to die.....

What? That has nothing to do with Archnemesis. Legit nothing. That boss has had Soul Eater for years.

You are right, and i now feel silly about that. I guess all the other shit arch nemesis has been spewing in my direction made my finger point in the wrong direction in that instance.
"
Deonbekende wrote:
Chaosweaver still has wither immune, Bonebreaker still has stun immunity, Juggernaut still has stun immunity, Vampiric still has can't be leeched from, Berserker still has culling strike immunity, Executioner still has culling strike immunity.

We are the 25th and this is not balance yet.

This is confusing indeed, freeze 'acts' a bit the same as stun, so immunity is removed... but stun does not?

But yeah they said ailment immunity removal, not other stuff, so guess it's ok.
Losing hope, losing faith.
The only thing I'm dying to is 4+ eldritch altars with Eldritch Gaze and Wrath of the Cosmos, but that is expected with my hobo build. You forum guys are doing something wrong.
Well I'll be damned, the massive "remove immunity" flashmob from the previous patchnotes here had actually breached someone's ignorance, and the word "immunity" now appears in next patch notes not so far from the words "no longer":)

Other issues of AN mods never got that many posts about them in synergy, so these patchnotes pretend Effigy is nothing to worry about at all.

Guess players now need to better concentrate their efforts, and work on one problem at a time, it seems to be the only way to save this game now.

So: hello GGG pls remove Effigy!
REMOVE ARCHNEMESIS
Crashing on my elementalist when trying to log in , other character can log in. please fix .
GGG, you have to take out all the stun immunity mobs from blight. Not only Juggernaut. Please.
"
Jerle wrote:
Good to hear the changes coming.

But why does HH gets such special treatment? Lots of chase uniques over the years have gotten nerfed due to fundamental changes. I don’t see GGG bending over your back to fix them?

True, it is not fair that HH gets special treatment and the rest of the uniques not. This obsession with headhunter is insane.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
SquareCubiC wrote:
uhm, well, you wanted to know how they fix that...
i pointed you towards your desired answer, not that difficult to understand, is it?

Well, you evidently haven't read my post, because the very first thing in it is the quote you're pointing me to. You just repeated what I'd already quoted. Why?

I didn't want to know "how they fix that"; I didn't consider that a fix to begin with. I wanted them to explain why they think having Effigy in the game is a good idea because it's fundamentally confusing that somebody would think it was.

The "fix" doesn't really solve any of the problems with it. It just gives you a tiny bit more reaction time in a favorable scenario. The rest of the problems remain. It's an anti-fun mechanic that is liable to kill players at a random time for reasons beyond their control which creates artificial difficulty without providing the player reliable counterplay or opportunity to train for dealing with it specifically.

As far as I'm concerned, the only fix for Effigy is the same as what they've implemented for Necrovigil, Phylacteral Link, and the old reflect mod. That is, removal.
<Tyrfalger> Exactly, the next act is going outside Sarn and into those wheat fields (see the map) to become a farmer. Then we can spend our days endlessly farming. Wait a minute...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info