3.18.0d Patch Notes Preview

Good; it was time to realize, that random constant immunities were a bad idea to even start with.

To lot of commenters: straight up immunity vs. 80% reduced will be a huge difference.
For a lot of builds, these will be slowly doable instead of straight impossible.
All-time non-streamer luckless dropless rewardless tons-of-time-playing non-TFT-er 100% solo player.
So, it just turns out, we were lied to for years with the promises of a two-storied one PoE 4.0.
All these worse and worse beta leagues, all these braindead changes, all lead to this.
And we all thought Blizzard was bad. How negligent.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
effigy reduction is not enough, even 0.5% reflect can kill any player in an instant. remove it entirely

also

"
remove on-death effects entirely
Very cool mirror Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3227915
you know what's funny about this?
that those tier 4 archnemesis mobs (xxx-touched) that are rare and suppose to be really challenging (create miniboss scenarios in maps) are actually easier to dispatch than common bullshit like heralding minions or elemental mobs spawning 99999 on death effects?

These really rare AN encounters are actually fun. It's like oh it's Innocence. They don't have any immunities, on death effects, damage reflect, etc. You notice those m mainly by looking at your challenges getting ticked off.
Step in a good direction... I believe...

The Effigy change still doesn't address scenario where an effigy can spawn on top of puddles created by on death effect that will nuke the effigy and kill the player in return :(
Cool, now get rid of all the on-death ground AoEs. Having to wait 10 seconds to pick up loot isn't fun or an expression of skill, and most of the time I can't even see them on the ground with the 100 other enemies and skill effects I have on my screen.
So I picked inquisitor because i can ignore the absurd elemental resists like that, which helps a ton and i don't really apply ailments so the immunities aren't an issue for me either. But there aer still things about the new mods that are kinda unfun to me. Example:

You start a ritual and are stuck in a circle. Now you're getting chased by toxic orbs, heralding totems and lightning mirages. You're also constantly stuck in an ice prison and i'm sure there is at least a temporal bubble/entangler/treant/mana siphoner mob nearby so even if you pop a quartz flask, you still cant really move. Oh and dont forget the small rare beetle hiding in a corner blasting you with araakali lazors out of nowhere.

I started self-casting and i still am half of the time. But with the amount of mods spawning on literally every non-white mob visibility and reading mods to respond to them goes out of the window really fast. Let alone standing still to cast a spell multiple times for pinpoint/intensify to even stack.

I could get all rare mobs having an archnem mod (just 1 so you can read/respond to it) and mechanics like sentinel or essense adding more mods, but also more rewards, but for the love of game balance; please make archnem like bloodlines for blue mobs (not on every pack). I get the design idea, but the amount of ice prison, lightning mirage, etc. etc. is absurd and just instakills you if you dont have phasing/quartz flask up for a second.

And lastly; i haven't really tried the sentinel mechanic yet; too busy learning how to deal with archnem before i add other layers of tankiness so my build dies faster, but im sure the rewards are great?
"
Moethelion wrote:
Actually exactly what Tarke suggested. Reduced effect instead of immunities. Definitely a step into the right direction.

ROFL, yeah right, like he suggested alone. If GGG would make game as he wants, it would be GG..
3.15 was a joke. 3.19 was a disaster. Archnemesis/Ruthless/Crucible(Archnemesis 4.0?) - worst ideas. Ruthless is a joke, a waste of resources. PoE2(exilecon version) was super disappointing.
Just sad.
Now, that’s progress. Btw I really like the sentinels and hope we get to keep that mechanic.

When it comes to the archnemesis modifiers, effigy can just leave.
Also: The amount of degen ground of all kinds seems to be through the roof and you usually see the ground, well, last. Visual clutter, you know. So, I’d appreciate it, if that was toned down to the amount pre 3.18.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info