Feedback on New Microtransactions

I like the direction a lot. The mystery box is a huge improvement and no duplicates actually got me to buy more of them. I love the new supporter packs, the uniqueness of the items and the fact that they aren't all just skins and weapon effect is big for me. I don't like Kirac's Vault because I don't like battlepasses and I don't like how specific the rewards are to things I won't likely use. I know i'm in the minority for that but just providing my opinion.
The effect for Quicksilver Flasks from the package is not visible for me. You can see the explosion but not the fire behind you like it is shown in the video. Maybe this has to do with using other MTX effects but still, it was and is upsetting to me.

And I despise that we Standard players can't get a the Kiracs Pass stuff. At least give us a something similar. - Having "challenges" *cough cough* for somethibg that you paid for is not a nice concept in my opinion.

What you have done with this new MTX style of effects is great tho and I love the idea and creativity behind it.
When you make many changes to MTX and none to balance, you also make me uninstall.

But seriously, the supporter packs are COMPLETELY worthless to me under the new structure; the only thing I desire are the portrait borders.

The no-duplicates on mystery boxes is a little too late for me. I have like 12 of everything from previous boxes and it makes me hate you.

The challenge rewards are actually good for once, but you made the challenges so difficult that I have ZERO desire to play.

The vault pass is by far the biggest mistake you have made, in my opinion. The rewards are too niche. You also added it and removed new skills and balance changes; you should shift your labor costs away from MTX designers...

My crazy idea is that you stop lying to your community and calling damage-control "open communication."

Last edited by EvolvedQS on May 21, 2022, 3:08:33 PM
This is by far the best release of microtransactions yet. I love the new ideas and would love to see more level up effects.
Also the Maroider is hilarious. A degree following an int character or a bigger head would be kinda funny too
The visual utility of the new microtransactions is the best thing I've seen from you in years and years and years. And unlike others, recolors in mystery boxes are awesome because I have years of MTX that I need to match. When something comes in only one color but has utility, it traps me into one color scheme, leaving me wondering why I have invested so much money. With multiple color schemes? I never have to worry.

I consider anyone who says that Kirac's Vault is P2W fundamentally lacking in understanding of what Pay to Win means. Pay to Win means you get an advantage that enables you to win just by paying money. You earning rewards by achieving goals is NOT Pay to Win. You still have to work hard - sometimes VERY hard - to earn them, and can choose to buy the pack AFTER achieving them so that you don't feel 'scammed' by your failure to do so. Legitimately, anyone spouting 'P2W' is just repeating a propaganda talking point they heard from someone else who pulled it out of their butt like a dogwhistle.
Last edited by evanesce on May 21, 2022, 3:43:13 PM
I really enjoy the new take on these new types of MTX. I have and will continue to buy more that are offered this way. I continue to dislike the mystery boxes. Not getting duplicates with the latest box is a small upside, but overall these still suck.

10/10 on the new types of MTX though. Please continue to make more.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
"
Raphi54 wrote:
the Kirac Pass also triggers all kinds of bad Fomo P2W associations in me. Even though they offer only cosmetic effects, those effects are some of the best you have ever done and they are often hyper specific to certain builds. So it basically feels like a skill has been reworked to look awesome and if at any point it will be in meta or you wanna just play it, you have to do the pass now or it will be gone. This feels just bad and doesn't fit POE's fair MTX System. To send a clear message, i have supported you guys with the reaper package, but not via the Kirac pass (even though i like many of the skins in there and will effortlessly reach full atlas completion this league).

a solution to this could be that the effects of kirac's vault pass enter the store much later for a higher price
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I like were this direction is going well done!

I only noticed Rage Vortex not having an MTX which i play now.
I wanted to give you money but you wont let me :"(
Generally speaking I really like the new direction of MTX! They are way more exciting, than the old kinda default MTX.

Supporter Packs seem amazing with lots of cool new features and not another armor set!
Kiracs Vault Pass MTX are on a stellar quality level, BUT some from last league were pay to loose, since the effects were destroying FPS (Mjölnir especially). That's really a nogo. Pricing wise I think at less than 40 points per piece they are absolutely fair and a great alternative to getting a supporter Pack.
Other games have a model where you buy the yearly expansion and get the seasonal battle passes at a reduced price if you get the deluxe edition. That might be a way to combine it with core supporter packs.

That said, I want to buy some of the MTX, but have not yet because I follow a "vote with your wallet" philosophy. Since Ultimatum I have not played much beyong the league start each season. I don't mind putting my money down if I enjoy the league, but especially communication from GGG has been somewhat lackluster. Most frustatingly after the round of podcasts Chris was on after the horrendous reaction to 3.15 he said we could be expecting more communication and the opposite was the case.
So if we get more communication on archnemesis mobs & mods this league, I will buy a supporter pack. If communication is reduced back to a minimum until next league announcement I will not.

Lastly I will point out that I like Chris appearing on podcasts and such, but realistically I think the community team should be more involved in the ongoing communication with the community throughtout the season. Taking Warframe as an example I think that game gets hard carried by Rebecca Ford, the community manager. She and her team do a great job of being on the pulse of the community and connecting developing team and community. This is not meant to front the GGG community team, but to encourage them.
I'm sure, or at least I'd hope, that this has been said already, but I want to bring it up again or if it hasn't been said. The sole reason I got the Savage Reaper Pack and NOT the Sanguine Reaper Pack, is because the Grim Reaper Apparition only activates on enemies YOU kill, not your minion's kills. If that were to change, if minions could trigger it, then I would upgrade to it.
Last edited by DESNIMC0 on May 21, 2022, 9:49:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info