Feedback on New Microtransactions

Here you go GGG, I'll take my million and mirrors now :D
You are releasing 2 supporter packages every league. In my opinion, one of them should be traditional. Body armor, weapon effect, etc. The other one should contain new types of microtransactions.
Here goes what I have to say:

- New packs are cool. Bought one and loved the idea. The last tier is VERY underhwlming.
- I hate the idea of Kirac's pass as it is implemented. Feels too specific. Why would I pay to have an MTX that's tied to a unique?
- Boxes are a cool idea but they're still too expensive.

Make lab optional! Give us another way to get the ascendancy points we need.

#CantGitGudAtLab
The void battery MTX in the battlepass has to work for hands/duel wield.
Void battery skin in both weapon slots. Maroider skin should have a 2k strength change as well.
I have a lot of thoughts but the most important thing for me was that I can't move the objects in the new hideouts that control the dynamic effects. It's kind of like you're trying to sell the warp stones when you make it so we can't change the location of those, and then further allow the time of day in the Timekeeper's h/o to change on it's own.

Main reason I wanted that hideout was for the ability to make it night, yet it changes as soon as I change instance. Ok, fine, everything with POE is and has always been sloppy and janky- then at least let me move the damn switch to wherever I want in the h/o I just paid real money for, so I can keep turning it back to night every time I go in and out of a map....it's a band-aid, but it's probably easier than fixing whatever's causing the time of day to change on it's own in the first place. I don't expect much from GGG, but I do expect band-aids.

I enjoy the concept of the boxes, so bought 10 to test it out a little (I usually do maybe 50 of them per league start). It's nice to not get 30 copies of a flame dash effect for once; but there's not much variety in the MTX variations themselves.

Instead of the thunderstrike gloves glowing 5 different colors for only lightning skills, why not one pair of gloves with 5 variations for each type of attack/res? It's not the worst thing, but some people really avoid some builds like the plague and I'm sitting here with a few items with 3 variations that i'll never really use past their base appearance.

Other than that the concept is good, although maybe 40 points a box in the future.

Also, please make the weapon effect MTX's from packs like these useable with no weapons. Even unarmed builds want to watch their enemies explode into coins or watch their soul get smacked out of their physical body.
Last edited by Crayonsnacha on May 20, 2022, 1:51:38 PM
I like the direction of where cosmetics are going. I wish you gave players more control over them such as the new weapon effects. I wish you could control the chance for it to appear and that it should not use the main weapon effect slot, but instead the 2ndary. On kill effects, imo, should be able to be controlled by the user in terms of appearance rates. Random is good, same could be the same with manipulating random portals ie "I like this so much I want it to appear 50% of the time, but my 10 others has a 5%). The integration of game stats such as life, attributes, etc are cool ideas. Keep going with it. Only downside is that they feel less 'flashy' I know it's an odd thing to say, but everyone wants gigantic bright color particle effects everywhere, I'm not sure what the middle ground is between making them stand out.

The new lootbox is kinda meh. A suggestion is to not award a variation of an item you've obtained already until you've cycled through all types of rewards, perhaps make that an different optional chests. "No duplicates" as is, is a bit disingenuous. imo getting a variation of something you already own is a much bigger loss as the box costs more. Is it better than getting the same pair of gloves 3 times? Sure, but it's still mostly the same feeling of getting a dud result.

As for contents of the box, it's missing the additional usual types of objects that people like ie wings, weapon effects, weapon skins that works with all types, footprints, portals. The hideout stuff I generally dislike, because for most players it's just to trade & open maps. Add new types of map devices that integrate with maps & stats such as you cleared [Map] N times, the device starts doing a special effect, animation, or whatever. Hell you could sell vendor NPCs where they act like Lilly. Integrate stuff that people actually use, the teleport stuff is hit or miss.

As for the contents itself, I think flask effect is whatever as it gets lost in all the other stuff that's going on during active gameplay and character effects. Bow effect is too niche, people used to get very upset that weapon skins used to be for specific types.
Last edited by PlankTwoByFour on May 20, 2022, 1:45:36 PM
really love the direction of the new mystery boxes... just unfortunately the only thing in this box set I actually like are the new Charges MTX.. I personally find the armours ugly otherwise I would buy some... sorry. but LOVE the direction!
I think putting a new REALLY COOL hideout mechanic into a mystery box is a bad move.
Mystery box changes are pretty cool otherwise IMO.

Regarding the Kirac pass, I bought the last one because i was hyped that poe finally has a season pass, but on the second one i got to think a bit and i think 30$ for a Battle Pass is quite a high price, especially since you cant perma sustain them after one purchase like you can do in other games.
Maybe worth a try to sell the pass for 20$ with the same content, just to see if maybe people are more insentivised to buy it then because at 30$ u could buy a supporter pack instead and get points aswell, which you dont get with the pass.

When Hideout objects increase?!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info