Feedback on New Microtransactions

First of all, no duplicates in the new MysteryBox are very nice to see (looks at his 1X x Footprints/Pets/Head Attachments ect ☹ ), so the higher Price is acceptable. The downside of this new system is, now you have up to 6 different colors which is more or less the same like duplicates.

A system where you can get one of them and then change the color with an additional item, which you can buy straight out of the MTX Shop for maybe 5 points or a Bundle 5 for 20 points, should be a solution where you and we all, be on good terms. (But your option like now is not that bad either) You still get your Money and we arent forced to pay more than needed, because one of the last colorpiece we originaly wanted, is in the last Box and the other pieces were in the first 20 or so.

In Sentinel you have now 61 Items you can get out of the boxes, in Angel and Demons Box for example you had to get at least 56 Boxes to get all 47 items (combined Armorset, pets, hideout stuff) . If we do a little math here:

61 x 50 = 3050 points
56 x 30 = 1680 points

Sure i think noone is so lucky to get zero duplicates out of 56 trys (atleast not the necessary ones for combination). In Angels and Demons Mysterboxes, where i had the full combined set, i had to open 137 Boxes (4110 points) .

In those Boxes were following items:
Spoiler
• 1x Demonic weapon
• 1x Angelic Armour
• 1x Pandemonium Armour (1 Angelic + 1 Demonic)
• 1x Angelic Weapon Effect
• 4x Demonic Weapon Effect
• 3x Angelic Cloak
• 1x Demonic Wings
• 1x Pandemonium Cloak (1 Angelic + 1 Demonic)
• 1x Pandemonium Wing (1 Angelic + 1 Demonic)
• 1x Angelic Helmet
• 4x Angelic Hood
• 3x Demonic Helmet
• 4x Demonic Hood
• 1x Pandemonium Helmet (1 Angelic + 1 Demonic)
• 1x Pandemonium Hood (1 Angelic + 1 Demonic)
• 6x Angelic Gloves
• 5x Demonic Gloves
• 1x Pandemonium Gloves (1 Angelic + 1 Demonic)
• 1x Angelic Boots
• 2x Demonic Boots
• 1x Pandemonium Boots (1 Angelic + 1 Demonic)
• 4x Angelic Footprints
• 1x Pandemonium Footprints (1 Angelic + 1 Demonic)
• 5x Angelic Portal
• 2x Demonic Portal
• 1x Pandemonium Portal (1 Angelic + 1 Demonic)
• 2x Angelic Character Effect
• 2x Demonic Character Effect
• 5x Angelic Aura
• 2x Angelic ImmortalCall
• 5x Demonic Aura
• 5x Demonic FlameDash
• 4x Angelic Building Supplies
• 5x Angelic Curios
• 4x Angelic Environmental Effect
• 7x Demonic Building Supplies
• 6x Demonic Curios
• 4x Demonic Evironmental Effect
• 4x Angelic Moths
• 3x Demonic Spiders
• 8x Hell Horse Pet
• 5x Pegasus Pet

As you can see there are 37 Duplicates ( Pets / Hideout stuff / Auras and 2 weapon effects not included cause you can use them multiple times on one character), which are totaly useless, if you count them out you still have about 100 Boxes you have to buy for 3k points.
Now you pay 300$ for:
Spoiler
• 1 Body Armour (with integrated character effect)
• 1 Boots (with integrated Footprints)
• 1 Helmet (with integrated Helm attachment, which is not active if you dont use Fire skills)
• 1 Gloves (with integrated Visual effect, which is not active if you dont use Lightning skills)
• 1 other Body armour (with integrated character effect)
• 1 weapon (which is only a Bow bad for those without bow)
• 4 Flask effects (1 for every Flask typ, bad for those who dont use every Typ)
• 1 other Helmet (which integrated Helm attachment and Frenzycharge skin, IF you use frenzy charges)
• 1 Shield (which is realy cool by the way *thumbs up* )
• 1 Back attachment (which is only outstanding if you have a full Manapool, bad for those with all mana reserved)
• 1 Charges Skin (which are also realy nice to look at but with the Helmet mentioned above, which Frenzy charge will be shown ?)
• 1 Weapon effect (which effect gets bigger with more item rarity, nice but me personaly got 0% IIR ☹ )
• 1 Character effect (with nice visability and the levelup effect, who dont want to be a SuperSayian for at least one time 😉 )
• 1 Hideout Warp (realy cool idea maybe i will buy it outside the Boxes)

Those are 17 individual Items you can use.
Before you paid round about, depending your luck, 300$ for:

Spoiler
• 3 complete Armour Sets (21 individual Items) including each of
o 2 Head pieces
o 1 Body
o 2 Back pieces
o 1 Gloves
o 1 Boots
• 3 Footprint
• 2 Character effect
• 2 Weapon
• 2 Weapon effect
• 2 Aura
• 2 Skill effect
• 3 Portal
• 4 Pets
• 6 Hideout

Those are 47 individual items you can use.

So you can get 2,5x the amount of items with the about the same Points.
Why dont you make it like, the old type of Items with the new type of acquiring ?
You can get all those items without duplicates and if you have one item you can buy a copy for 1x or 2x Boxpoints (50 or 100 points)
Thats it for the Mystery Boxes, now lets talk about the League Supporter Packs.

Well its not much to say about the Supporter Pack, because i think about it like, you pay for the Points and get the rest as free gift, sure its a bit hard to chew when you normaly get a full Armour Set + Wings/Portal/Pet and now „smaller“ Stuff which you dont see or even use at all (like the Medi Drone, Ring oft he Exorcist, belt of the hive queen in Reaper set or … well in the Arcanist Pack there is not that much „bad“ stuff :D )

I hope you could understand my gibberish writing to some extend, have a nice day see you next time or so :P
What do you think of the new supporter pack structure?
I really applaud the creativity of the new supporter packs and like it a lot. I end up using the same few armor packs anyway, so having cool new shiny things to buy is a great idea.

The new mystery box without duplicates?
I think there are too many color variants and "fluff" for me to still be interested. HUGE step in the right direction though.

Did you buy the new Vault Pass or are you waiting until you have completed enough maps?
The Vault Pass is a little too specific for in its use case, but I think it is an interesting idea and definitely don't mind it being reiterated on on the future.

What has been your favourite micro so far?
By FAR the portal one has been awesome. The cloak one is similarly very cool. Seeing visible progression in your micros solves the problem of "I don't want to look too cool when I am barely level 70", it literally looks cooler as you go which is very neat.

Maroider is fantastic, great work by the team on that. Only wish it would scale up to some of the crazier numbers like 3k-5k strength for some silly visuals.

Lastly, if you make more impactful character effects like the Golden and Astral Character Effects I will literally buy as they are released. They are by far the best iterations of character effects.
Please make the cool active effects (on-kill, on-hit, on-crit, etc) work for minion builds as well. It's kindof dfisappointing my necromancer can't get use out of a reaper-themed mtx pack.
I'd like to see some detailing on the back of the Underworld Portal, at the moment it's a very bland flat slab of concrete with all the interesting details happening out of sight on three/four of the portals when mapping.
I'm pleased with how the micro transaction are handeld for the most part, however I do have a bitter taste with the maroider pack.

Sure the effect is awesome and idea really cool but on this case buying a micro transaction in order to have the character actually looking closer to what he really is, if you compare with his picture in the passiv tree for instance I don't personnaly enjoy that.

I was expecting this kind of "enhancement" to be either unlocked when achieving certain challenge may be, or one of the new feature in POE2.

Just my two cents on the matter.
The new packs are nice. I'm not terribly interested in them myself, but I can see the appeal.

Loot boxes are a mixed bag. I like the no duplicates in theory, but in reality it's just a bunch of recolors.

I don't like the vault pass as a monetization model. The items from the last one and this one are mildly interesting, and as individual mtx I would have bought a few of them, but I wont buy any of them in the vault pass format.

The maroider I think is f'n amazing. Love it. Laughed out loud when I saw it and have every intention of buying it when I catch it on sale whenever that eventually happens.
Just bought the new Kirac's Vault pass and although I've not unlocked it, it's definitely looking great. No regrets spending 30 EUR on this one.

I can't wait to drop all those items in SSF so I can fully test it out xD.
*Arcanist and Reaper - NICE!

*Sentinel Mystery box - NICE!

*Maroider - NOT FOR ME!

*Kirac's Pass - It's now week in and I STILL CANT ACCESS THE DAMN AREA!!! Please fix this!
Can we use invisible mtx on belt/flask? What the point of MTX if u use mageblood with phasing flask

I dont like the design of new supporter packs and boxes, but idea is rly good.
"
morfeablack wrote:
*Arcanist and Reaper - NICE!

*Sentinel Mystery box - NICE!

*Maroider - NOT FOR ME!

*Kirac's Pass - It's now week in and I STILL CANT ACCESS THE DAMN AREA!!! Please fix this!

Hiya,

If you purchased the pass and it's not working correctly, or you aren't able to access it in-game, would you please contact support@grindinggear.com so we can check this for you? Including your account name and a couple of character names is appreciated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info