Feedback on New Microtransactions

I like the new direction you guys are taking with microtransactions. I think it's very good to have mtx that interact with the game aka maroider. To be honest as far as a free game goes this is the most non predatory way to do microtransactions I've seen. There are so many new games now that are just riddled with squeezing their customers dry with bare effort put into it. I'm sure if you guys keep going in this direction you will do great. In a unrelated matter, try to buff existing skills or new skills to keep build variety fresh it seems that build variety is becoming more limited with the difficulty increase which is fine, but options are never a bad thing. I feel confident in saying that everyone that plays POE just wants it to succeed and not die out like so many others have.
I like the new types of MTXs, there aren't any that I personally like but I'm looking forward to newer editions.

Kirac's Vault Pass still feels like a complete waste of time. The only time I would ever buy it is if I enjoyed and frequently used every single unique, something that's never going to happen. Awesome idea but I wouldn't even pay $10 for it, let alone the $30 price tag. There's just far too many items you don't like. You're more than likely paying $30 for a single skin.

A good idea would be to allow people to pay PARTIAL amounts in order to get what they want. $5 for an individual item from the pass for example. That way people can get the one/two they like, without feeling scammed for the $30 on items they never even use.

Sentinel Mystery Box is $5 each, and there's SIXTY ONE items inside. So that's $305 for all the items inside. The fact that you won't get any duplicates doesn't mean anything when realistically you're never going to get anything you want anyway.

Not to mention that they're 50 points instead of 30, emphasising that you don't duplicates just feels predatory when worst case scenario it could end up costing you $305 for just two items you wanted. Even Genshin Impact has better value for money.
The new effects and the way they work are great, but it really would be nice if we could combine the more common drops into rarer ones. Getting no duplicates is a bit misleading since there's still tens and tens of items in the mystery boxes and trying to land on something rare is still a huge sink.
Love the new MTX packs - completely different from the standard armour sets etc..

Would love new hideouts that aren't dark theme.
Last edited by HardSide on May 20, 2022, 6:26:09 AM
I think it was a great idea to change your approach and make really cool item or build specific stuff.
A few things I'd like to have:
- Vault pass for Standard players (possibly with a different requirement such as "complete every atlas map once more" even though you already got atlas completion)
- Effects for certain support gems such as Lifetap support; it looks so similar to corrupted blood in its default visual
- Maybe also league specific stuff changing the visuals of e.g. blight, legion, breach and so on.
Mystery box is scam. 4-5 colors is not a duplicate? Give all the colors and variants and I will buy all of them. Otherwise, no "duplicate" scam box for me. Poe is a great game though. I can enjoy it without these predatory loot boxes. It's a free game :)
Pros:
- The new MTX are interesting
- (Sort of) Duplicate protection
- Rewards start on 6 challenges
Cons:
- 66% price increase for mystery boxes
- No real duplicate protection as you can get several identical items (only differently colored).
- Challenges are getting ultra hard. Where I achieved 24 challenges before, now it will be for same effort 6 with some luck.
- Vault pass is just superexpensive for very niche usability of items

Nevertheless, the state of game currently prevents me to put any money in until you fix the Archnemesis mess
Last edited by MaximGorkij on May 20, 2022, 6:46:45 AM
Nice idea to change the MTXes, we really needed it!

Personally I like less bright on my screen than most ppl I think. My favorite MTXes right now are invisible buff and vanishing dye, got a lot of them xD

I bought the pack with the ring of the black star but I believe it is way over tuned as an effect for level up. Is those cases it would be nice to have the option to tune down the brightness or even the effect scale.
Timekeeper's hideout should have movable teleporters and chronosphere!!! Also it would be fair to have them as separate decorations that could be transfered to other hideouts.
They are great in general - but please make "Timekeepers Hideout" remember the time setting instead of resetting to day after every map. That kinda defeats the purpose.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info