Feedback on New Microtransactions

I honestly hate the new supporter packs. I was hoarding some money on the side to be able to buy a $60 pack on release, get some nice skins and 2 more stash tabs, but there's literally not a single pack in the shop I'd like to buy right now. New supporter packs feel overpriced and way too flashy, I do like the hideouts, but these alone are simply too expensive to justify the purchase considering I would have no use for any of the remaining bonuses, outside of coins that is. If there was something like a blue battlemage (dark steel heavy plate x Harbinger/arcane/runic mix) outfit I'd toss my money without hesitation.

Another thing I'd like to suggest is a fiery/tectonic MTX for Sunder, the way I see it is lava-like background underneath the spikes (a little bit like Tectonic Slam, this kind of yellow/orange/red background around the spikes) and some glowy veins on the spikes themselves, as if they came from such depth that they brung lava with them. Wouldn't be bad to get a Harbinger variations as well, I freaking love blue flames, lol
Not really a big fan of the new Supporter Packs. I liked the ones with Armor sets, portals, wings.

The hideouts are big plus and are a fun twist to the usual ones. Maybe alternating between the old and new can be cool. Or even 1 old-school pack and 1 new-school pack, so people can choose whichever they want.

Regarding the Kirak's Vault? Make it $20 and it's gonna prob sell a lot more
We really want to buy microtransactions in latam but the cost its so high for us, pls take consideration our currency, i know is devaluated but is better than nothing and we can support ur work!

Thanks guys!

Say hi from Argentina
I am really impressed by the new supporter packs - even the smaller variants feel full and fleshed out many of the things I want are affordable.

One thing that I have an issue with is the Black Star Ring skin which alters your Level-up animation: It's way too big and overbearing in my opinion, while also taking very long to wind up. It's a cool design in concept, but in execution I feel like less could be more, since we often level up in the middle of combat it could be deadly when the animation goes off at an inopportune moment.

As a counterexample the Quicksilver flask explosion is very tame but noticable enough to be visible without getting inthe way of gameplay.

As for the new mystery boxes: I like the new method of altering more than the appearance of physical Items but also universal effects like Mana, Charges, on-crit, on-skill use and on-kill effects.

The "No duplicates"-line is a little bit misleading, since the variants are effectively duplicates if you already have the one you want, but i get the point that one eventually has every single item from the box and there is a upper limit on how much can be spent.

As long as the effects go into the general store after a while, as is tradition with Mystery box Items, I would like to see this new system continue.
I generally think that the new MTX have a fair bit of potential, though I prefer the things that might evolve under certain conditions (map device and portal from current Supporter Packs are a good example for that) a lot more than "needless" gimmicks like insects on my character, tomes for IDing stuff and anything else of that sort. To me personally it feels less impactful than old MTX and as such not worth the money. That being said: I do hope that things won't evolve into some sort of "with effect X it's easier to see Y" or such. Minor stuff like the stun visuals and such is totally fine, but it's a thin line to walk imo.
Also please don't neglect normal MTX too much - I think for League Supporter a rotation of new design one league and old design next might be decent, for Core Packs I'm honestly not sure - a full set of Core Packs filled with nothing but "this gives an effect when you use a waypoint", "this makes chests you open explode with more force" or "enemies you inflict bleed upon will die in a fountain of blood" would feel very underwhelming though - especially the higher tier packs always have some feeling of impact to them, I simply can't see any of the new effects giving a "whoa" similar to an Orion Armor Pack/Portal or such.

As for the Vault Pass: I think that the vast majority of uniques in PoE look pretty bad, so giving those uniques just some new effect or whatever doesn't make things any better - best example imo is Aegis Aurora from last Vault Pass which I'd never use in its original design as its model is too big (like many shields are) and the game is sorely lacking in proper shield MTX in general. While the restriction to certain uniques may be an incentive for certain people to go and use those I much more feel like it's a missed opportunity to make potentially good MTX for a wider range of items - and atlas completion doesn't really feel like an achievement, so no feeling of "wow, I cleared all maps, I deserve that last reward" and feeling special about it (which is nice, as it at least makes the Vault Pass easily access- and achievable).

Tl;dr: I think the new direction has potential, but you're not there quite yet and I hope you won't neglect "normal" MTX due to that. =)
I love the new MTX and can't wait to see more, this is refreshing!
While I do think the addition of more interactive skins is great I will admit that i miss the option of supporter pack armour sets as those were something i regularly looked forward to leading up to a new league.
I very much enjoy the new direction for both packs and boxes. Overall I'm satisfied with the packs, though also feel that in some ways they're less impactful without a cool new armour set. At the same time I'd be unwilling to spend more on an even higher tier for everything, so I'm not sure.

The boxes on the other hand let me down just a little. I was very excited for them after hearing Chris' description on Baeclast. The final product while still mostly cool, wasn't quite what I thought we'd be getting. I would love for their to be more of a variety in what these new mechanic specific mtx covered. I think the bow skins are great, and I'd probably enjoy the charge related skins if my build used any charges, but I'd love to see even more new ideas like ailment customization, or dynamic armor tied to something more exciting than your current life/ resists.
Last edited by Fuor on May 20, 2022, 8:09:25 AM
The new MTX getting "cooler" as you kill or trigger a mechanic is interesting but please never lose sight of keeping the "base" armor not boring until X requierment has been met. I find em less impressive in hideouts and towns where nothing can be killed to make em "really" shine.

Personally, I dislike a lot the new type of "your armour looks better the more X happens".

I like always awesome looking MTX.

There's never enough Black and Red MTX.
The new direction looks great, cant wait to see what you come up with next.
Maybe let me buy the pass for 500 points tho?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info