Feedback on New Microtransactions

"
DoomBunnies wrote:
I want to voice my support and enthusiasm for a particular subset of the recently introduced cosmetics.

On-kill effects.

Prior to on-kill effect cosmetics, I tried to restrict myself to only playing crit builds, freeze builds, builds that use Inpulsa's, Occultist's Profane Bloom, etc. Anything that has an on-kill/on-death effect for enemies.

They just make the game feel so much weightier and your skills so much more impactful.

I've been playing with the Mjolner on-kill MTX this league, and it's awesome!
I'm very excited for the treasure on-kill effect to enter the store (because I generally don't buy loot boxes) so I can apply it to any build, and I can freely use whichever skill I want and be confident that when I kill a monster, it'll make a big juicy "pop" sound and trigger my dopamine receptors.

Please introduce more on-kill type MTX. I'd also appreciate MTX that introduce effects on-hit, for example, if I could get one that enables screen shake for non-crit hits, I would love that. Crit builds feel so much better than non-crit for that reason alone.

Thanks for all the great work!

The loot doesn’t make a sound when you kill an enemy when I tested it out a few days ago — it just pops. :(
"Bonus points if it is Scion/Witch because they have nice knees. Ranger has ugly knees and other characters are men so playing them would be homoerotic." - CAKE, 10/20/21
The messaging behind the new loot boxes is disingenuous as they contain low-value duplicate recolours meant to inflate the item pool.

I won't be purchasing any further MTX from GGG while this continues. 0/10
As someone who normally buys a supporter pack for every league along with some boxes, I was a bit disappointed. I like some of the new experimental MTX but I think I would have rather had either the new supporter packs have the experimental OR the mystery box, not both. Another way is having only one of the supporter packs have the experimental, and the other have the way they have been in previous leagues. I also felt like the price of the supporter packs this league did not really match what you were getting (mainly the highest tier packs)
The Mystery Box got more expensive and still offers Duplicates/ Recolours which im not a fan of, skipping that Mystery box, instead of 5 for 150 its now 3 for 150.
just make them without duplicates and recolours, a lot of ppl would despice them than less.

The New Supporter Packs, despite being interresting, arent for me, i dont like any of the MTX in there.
i also dont like that 90 bucks supporter Packs exist at all, if you buy for 60 bucks you miss out on stuff creating a FOMO tactic to make ppl pay more.
I usually buy Supporter Packs to get cool exclusive Full Armour Themes and stuff.
The Kiracs Vault pass is also a miss for me, it gives skins to items i may or may not use at all so i see no point in it.
Last edited by JohnBregol on May 20, 2022, 10:08:52 AM
Mystery boxes:
-The concept of a no duplicates model for mystery boxes is awesome and really encouraging.
-Being able to get duplicates when you want them (for the same price) seems really valuable, but in this box the only thing you'd likely want a duplicate for is the teleport pads for your hideout. That option seems less powerful in this box, but in later boxes this may be really helpful.
-Having the same set of armor with different color variation seems less exciting to me and takes away from the value of the individual armors, making them feel more like they are there to dilute the pool and less like they are intended to be appreciated as individual cosmetics options. Maybe holding off on the recolors until the box is in the normal pool of microtransactions would be better?

I think the new system is a step in the right direction. When the next box comes around if the armors each have a specific theme and are not just recolors/duplicates, I'll really consider throwing some points at it!

I love the evolving effects!
-The mana tanks all seem really cool and remind me of dead space using lights on your back for a health bar. I love it!

-The skin changing as you stack strength is interesting and potentially silly. The idea of having this skin or a similar one on characters like the witch or shadow is hilarious, but I suppose it's important to make sure cosmetics still fit within the themes Path of Exile want to push. Sometimes jokes take over and all the cosmetics ruin the theme of the game. Still I really look forward to see more skins like this.

-The ring that helps you see when you land a critical hit is awesome, but brings to my attention that I have never been able to tell if a critical hit ever lands without such a cosmetic. This is something that I think there should be a more noticeable indicator for similar to the way you can tell if you stun. Can someone please look into this. I still really think the idea is cool to be able to see these types of effects.

Ideas:
Aura/Skill effect that evolves as the skill increases in level, quality, and/or as (a) specific statistic(s) the skill uses (is/are) increased.

Armor that adapts based off the amount and type of Armor/ES/Evasion/Ward your character has.
Love the new direction of a hideout MTX as a part of the supporter pack. I get that some people prefer armor, but it lets those like me who are really picky on armor still support GGG through these packs and not feel like we're losing out. My feedback would be to present 1 option like the Arcanist pack, and a second with the normal armor set, etc... to make both sides happy.

The idea of the Kirac vault pass is cool, but I'm just not fond of unique-only MTX. Builds and unique items are just too niche, and most characters wear too few uniques to justify having 0-1 cool looking skins for that price. Now, say as either completing the entire pass, or having a difficult bonus-challenge at the end to receive an alt-art... not skin, but alt-art item... well, then you can take my money! (that's my "out there" idea)

Keep up the great work.
I really liked these new mtx...
I got the pack with the harvester cloak, i wish i could see how many kills i need to evolve it... I got nearly 300k and didnt evolued to its full form yet... This just make me anxious lmao... Always tapping ~/kills...
Other than that i just hope to see the ring of the black star being sold solo...Idk if it will happens but mah boy i wish it to hard.ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Last edited by midrift on May 20, 2022, 10:17:01 AM
I love the effects on the new mtx aswell as the kirac pass. One thing that you could do that most games do when they have "battle"passes is like say you have 10 things you can unlock if you buy it, add 3 that everyone can unlock by playing without buying (but maybe not set them as map complete but like if they kill normal shaper, elder and sirus).

I am not that high on the challenge rewards this league, my absolute favorite was the ritual league because the last unlock was a hideout. That gets me more excited then the rewards as is now , but wings and portals are really cool aswell

But for me the highlights of the packs was the portal from reaper packs , along with the cloak and ring. The quicksilver flask from arcanist pack looks cool aswell.
The new direction is extremely intriguing and enticing. packs and mystery boxes both had gotten largely stale, with a slew of the same old skins all the time. With effects that vary based on character alterations, entirely new effects that can alter things nobody's ever been able to before such as flask usage, and similar New Shinies, the new packs feel much fresher and more worthy of looking up. I haven't purchased any yet, but I absolutely intend to as soon as the coin comes in, the new Arcanist pack especially is beyond cool.

I will also say that I heartily approve of more broadly useful MTX options that can be applied to any character regardless of build. Skill skins and weapon skins are cool, but only applicable to characters using that skill/weapon. But everybody uses flasks. Everybody uses rings. Everybody has resistances. Everybody has a hideout. Stuff you can use and enjoy no matter which build you want to run is more enticing to me than really specific things, especially in generalist packs like League Stuff.

I, at least, have enough MTX armor skins to comfortably play dress-up dolly for the rest of the game's natural lifetime. I don't have ANY of this new kind of MTX, and it has me a lot more interested in picking up some purchases. I think the current split, with 'Old School' packs laden with armor skins, weapon skins, and other conventional MTX types in the yearly packs and some wild new experiments in the league and Mystery Box packs, could be a decent way to go about it in the future alongside more typical MTX releases.
I think that there are some positives and negatives. I don't like how you advertised the new Mystery boxes as '14' microtransactions when there is way more. I also do prefer armor supporter packs, to an extent but that might just be because some of the new MTX with the supporter packs were not my cup of tea as I only liked the ring and REAPER apparition(which is cool). I definitely think it's cool that some of these MTXs might encourage builds/build ideas that don't aren't skill effects. I personally don't purchase skill effects, because I enjoy playing a multitude of builds and think they are a waste of money aside from totems, cyclone, golems, herads/aura and travel skills since they are used in all sorts of builds. The Moriorder skin made me want to play a strength stacking character while the Reaper MTX and ring make me wanna play a minion or chaos build. As for feedback in terms of different ideas you could do, I would say Int stacking big brain is an obvious one, and some others that are just silly and funny. Long Neck templar would be cool and maybe his neck length scales with life regeneration. Of course, there is the argument that certain mtxs could affect the economy as I imagine now after the maroider skin, brutus led sprinkler is going to go up in price but it wouldn't be a significant enough impact to be game changing. You could also do something like a blood themed MTX for the duelist perhaps covering himself in more blood the more enemies he slays and have ranger mtxs based on attack and movementspeed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info