[3.24] CWDT Ward Loop Scion, very easy guide [15 divines]

"
Wonderglass wrote:
my hoard of exceptional got nuked along with the only build I can afford to play with my poor internet. A build I really enjoy also. Enjoyed.

- There is simply no Transfigured equivalent for any of the Exceptional effect of any of the gem we've enjoyed over the years. The few effect they wanted to preserve, such as Divergent CWDT or Divergent Discharge have been reworked into the new base and everything else is now yesterday in light of a new dawn.

For the occasion, I am calling it. Replica Tabula Rasa.

What do you mean exceptional hoard? you mean alternate quality gems? They are done for. All deleted.

Yes, the alternate quality now rolled into the normal gems as quality.
Alternate gems will now fundamentally change the skill behavior.

What build you mean? You enjoyed loop, you can still loop with more than 50 million DPS.

The charm sockets can push you back to 100 million with full suppression again.
"
Akshay wrote:

What do you mean exceptional hoard? you mean alternate quality gems? They are done for. All deleted.

Yes, the alternate quality now rolled into the normal gems as quality.
Alternate gems will now fundamentally change the skill behavior.

What build you mean? You enjoyed loop, you can still loop with more than 50 million DPS.

The charm sockets can push you back to 100 million with full suppression again.

Yes sorry I edited my post. I meant my hoard or alternate quality gems as you guessed. Dunno why I wrote exceptional.

And yes, in theory, I could still enjoy looping doing 10 times less damage than I am currently doing. In practice, it's not going to happen.
No charm socket for me because I am skipping this league. I've been trying to improve my std loop so I went to crucible to grab a crucible weapon. Then to ancestor to grab tattoos. But generally speaking, I don't like to league.

I've always enjoyed trying other skill gems than the usual ice spear/creeping frost builds for the fun of it, and I had therefore great expectations for the new gems. I am unequivocally in favor of gems with different skill behavior.
But if you cut off my arms and tell me I can have four legs I am not going to feel thankful, not matter how amazing they are going to be.

For people not playing standard, this patch doesn't really destroy anything they've build and offer a whole new world of theorycrafting for an ever interesting build.

For me it's a solid blow and my morale is rock bottom. I just take it too personally as the perceived wound is fresh. I am still going to try to enjoy and there is a huge lack of knowledge regarding the upcoming gems so perhaps my despair will turn to dust.
Last edited by Wonderglass on Dec 3, 2023, 10:04:34 AM
#RIPBOZO
Imagine playing standard, lol.
"
Akshay wrote:
Falling zombies should work, but we have to wait and see. It may depend on correct projectile speed, since they should fall within the loop cycle

The gem as shown on the affliction page does not have a projectile tag, so I wouldn't count on projectile speed working. Maybe falling speed can be worked around by jump-starting multiple overlapping loops, though that's obviously painful.

But Falling Zombies summons a single zombie only. What's the plan there? Multiple Falling Zombie gems? Bigger Forbidden Rite?

"
Wonderglass wrote:
- Divergent CWDT has been replaced by a new Superior CWDT. We can fairly assume that no Transfigured CWDT will be an improvement on the amount required damage part of the skill and we went from 20% to 10%.
[...]
- Anomalous Minion Speed essentially a 2 Gems loss since all I care is my Standard build, not the league. But again we can hope for Transfigured.

There are no transfigured support gems. At least not this league. All we can hope for is a transfigured minion gem that fits our needs.
"
#RIPBOZO
Imagine playing standard, lol.

standard is fun in a way, you collect things and treasure them, its great for folks who do this.

i know a guy who plays ssf standard! its a long journey for that guy.

rest of us, we enjoy short journeys, leagues!
so in your notes you recommend against elemental focus but in your omni variation, you use ele focus. any reason why youre recommending against, but using it yourself?

slowly getting myself prepared for maxing the build on standard
"
SquishyDoge wrote:
so in your notes you recommend against elemental focus but in your omni variation, you use ele focus. any reason why youre recommending against, but using it yourself?

slowly getting myself prepared for maxing the build on standard

because at ultra high budget, your freezing pulse or creeping frost will inflict maximum chill, and you don't need freeze defense, because everything is dead.

at lower budget, freeze is extremely important and ice spear inflicts the strongest chill.
3 days before league start - still no update.

THE BUILD IS DEAD. ABANDON ALL HOPE.
/s
"
Prof549 wrote:
3 days before league start - still no update.

THE BUILD IS DEAD. ABANDON ALL HOPE.
/s

Be a bit patient and let the author plan it and try it ;)
Last edited by W4rn0XxX on Dec 6, 2023, 12:11:05 PM
Build will work just fine

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info