Introducing Kirac's Vault Pass

Based on other games I would have expected 10-15$ usd battlepass with something like 10+ lootboxes (they already exist in game) and maybe a few league specific skins.

Probably would have been massively popular. That wasn't the approach they went with, enjoy the skins whales.
cringe!
miss me with that

this is a bad move

even if you don't buy it, it still affects you because it drives up the price of the rarest maps

this is the first time that GGG has released MTX that directly affects the in-game economy. very bad move.
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░
Last edited by cgheezey on Feb 18, 2022, 9:58:54 AM

This is alredy affecting the market probably.
holy shit i already had a problem with the game as patches rolled out and all of the fun mechanics kept getting nerfed but now ggg is introducing a battle pass that is 3 times as much as any other, more polished and more popular game.

chris wilson was talking about how he wants the game to have absurd levels of difficulty in terms of progression, loot acquisition, and boss killing - yet hes introducing things like a battle pass that trend in games with 10-16 year old demographics.

i never interact with forums because theyre inferior and dated but this needed to be said. theres a strong chance this will be my last league.
"
EKoP wrote:
sigh....I did not like the direction of the game post ritual. nothing has changed. Just makes me sad.

Idk who thought this was a good idea, but the fact that management let this go through shows a very clear problem. Good luck with your 30$ battle pass that unlocks limited effects for very specific items. I will not be a part of it.

Direction post-Ritual has indeed been quite shit, though at least the Atlas revamp this league seemed interesting to me.

This, however... This is just embarrassing.
I was thinking about getting the 160 bucks core pack once again, as i did a few times before. Now i think i will not spend any more money until this pass is reworked. It needs to be available for points, and it needs to award those points back. That´s how all the decent pass systems i have seen worked, they were purely designed to keep people playing longer not to make money directly. On full completion they would have awarded back the full amount of value you paid in ingame currency + some goodies extra. Even Konami has a pass like that in master duel and Konami is not exactly know for fair monetization.

Also the FOMO exploitation is very scummy. These items need to be added to the store after a while, even if they cost 10-15 dollar a pop.

It also needs to not be tied to something as rare as Doryanis Map for full completion, that´s just asking for price fix shenanigans.
Last edited by BalderEthics on Feb 18, 2022, 12:40:00 AM
Today is the day Path died.
People are going overboard here.
Are battle passes a silly, overused concept? Yes.
Is it going to ruin the game? No
A little overpriced? Yeah, but only because it's in USD despite GGG being from NZ. $15-20 USD sounds better to me.

As a business, GGG will always try to find relevant or popular ways to make more money. A battle pass was inevitable, 99% of games these days have some kind of BP.
Are they going to look for more things to introduce that make money? Absolutely, getting money is the only way they can keep the game running.

I admit, I find it sad that the PoE BP is basically what racing league rewards were, and I'm still sad that races died. But at the same time, races didn't have enough traction to keep coming back. Not to mention that people complained about not getting rewards from those too..

The majority of the comments here are all bandwagoners jumping on the hateful or NFT comment trend.
Just like a lot of the MTX that people reamed GGG about, people are just looking for excuses to be whingey.
The golden part about these things that people fail to realize, is you don't have to buy it. Nothing will change for you, it's not game breaking, they're just skins. The equivalent of the Ebony armor pack reskin you didn't want for the 6th time.

If anything it gives people like me, who like to play but never actually do atlas bonuses and just push to end game, incentive to actually complete the atlas. Which is something the league has been doing well too with the new atlas tree.

In a few weeks time, people will stop complaining and go back to what they were doing before. People just love to complain and that's that.
The ones who don't go back won't be missed or remembered.

On the slim chance that any GGG members see this, you keep doing you boo.
Maybe just find a system to pitch ideas to your content creators, not that they're part of the company, but that they see things from a consumer viewpoint. I think you could find a beneficial way to market and also have things receive less backlash.
"
Awaken320 wrote:
Today is the day Path died.

Yeah.. sad day indeed. No more support from me until this is completely reworked. I hope others will do the same and hold true to their values.

This is beyond predatory. Absolutely disgusting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info