Introducing Kirac's Vault Pass

"
Corsica96 wrote:
Repost of my comment from Reddit, really wanted to post my thoughts here in the hopes of having my voice heard.
1) Completely eliminate FOMO factor - make these available in store after the league has ended and can be earned when a player has time, and/or allow players to buy individual MTX as they see fit.

2) Lower the price to $5-10.

3) Allow this pass to be purchasable with points.

If all three of these were implemented, I feel the pass would be much more ethical and acceptable. Please consider this GGG.

So make this easy, cheap and low effort...

All the animals are cool and interesting, 10 bucks for 8 mtx you can use on all characters and any time? They are worth more.

The ONLY issue is the rare unique maps. Otherwise it can be completed day 1 and it's much of a pass to work on but a direct mtx sale, the league is 3 months.

"
IsodorRodosi wrote:
No.

Just no.

What are you doing GGG?

I thougth you where different. Future EA incoming.

This.

So. Much. This. :(
After about 5 years of Mjolnir nerfs, continuing even once dead, this comes across as more than slightly tone deaf.
youll add garbage like this but not auto pick up? fuck you ggg
It's Tencent style, huh?
When to release the auto-pickup pet?
I can't wait to pay for that shit :)
Truely a great leap forward, isn't it?
lolllllllllllllllllllll
"
ragnjordvikr wrote:
youll add garbage like this but not auto pick up? ggg

Auto pick up ruins games, why would they ruin their game..
"
ValfaderTV wrote:
And just like that I stopped playing Path of Exile for the foreseeable future. I regret ever spending money on a company this greedy. You're becoming the next Activision. SHAME ON YOU!

Good for you. I will not be purchasing anything else after this league unless there are some serious changes made.

I was a little upset when GGG restructured the supporter packs. I was also a little upset with those garbage streamer bundles you guys put out. But this one takes the cake, by far.

This is gouging, and you guys know it. I expected better from GGG, but it seems like they are going down the path of no return.

And to all the players saying: "Oh it's fine the game is free, you guys complain so much omg, chill bro". You clearly do not have the same experience with the video game industry and with monetization strategies. So please, do your research and maybe you will understand why so many people are against this.

If you want to call this a battle pass, let's take a look at what Fortnite offers:

- 10+ pages of completely unique and original rewards

- Complete approximately half of the pass and you get the entire thing.. FREE

- More FREE rewards on top of that! You don't even need the pass to unlock a bunch of the rewards, as well as an entire separate page dedicated to free challenges, which take LESS time to complete

I don't care if you play or not, that is what a fair system looks like. And I thought Epic was money hungry!

These are literally copy/paste effects. Celestial skills that already exist and now just tied to a flask.. blood splatter effects.. consecrated ground? Come on, guys.

I want to support this game so badly, I really do. But this is not a good look for Path of Exile.

Since everyone is talking about the Price to value ratio, i'll touch on a different point.

if and when someone buys the pass they are going to have a HUGE catalog of MTX with only small square to search through 10+ items. you may want to concider a UI rework/ adjustment make poe fasion and general MTX more "organized"? something.

i do like the idea the battle pass is going too. maybe you should throw in like "alternate unique arts"
This is unethical and beyond scummy.

I was fairly certain I wouldn't buy anymore MTX, but now? Yeah, now it's never going to happen.

FOMO'ing like a goddamn chinese mobile game, this SCREAMS Tencent.

Bad. Bad GGG.
This really has the opposite effect of making me not want to spend any more money in the game.

Battle passes are predatory and designed to be psychological traps. I've always expected more than this from GGG. And to have them always on your face in the atlas? This is saddening to me, between this and lootboxes I can no longer speak proudly when defending PoE monetization. Battle passes may be less manipulative than lootboxes, but it's not like this is replacing them.

I know slippery slopes are logical fallacies, but I cannot help but feel like 5 years from now I'm gonna be hating this game for its monetization...
Last edited by Seystuff on Feb 17, 2022, 9:16:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info