Introducing Kirac's Vault Pass

While we are at it, can we change the GGG Logo to CCP games instead? I mean, clearly we see who wears the pants, and it sure ain't Chris Wilson no more.
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
indatent wrote:
Yeahhhh no, $30 price tag aside, this isn't well thought out...

I'm sure the majority of people would prefer a $15 with maybe even just 4 items that are actual overlays for any piece of gear. Not sure where the thought behind this being more profitable than that came from?

Then again I don't have the numbers, I only count 2 items in here that most would be using during their end-game builds... Headhunter is a push considering it's a chase item that most people use at the end of their league to mess around with.

So the reason these things are designed this way is cos they have a purpose beyond just directly making money with their sales. The post itself says that this is targeted at "endgame" players. What this Pass is meant to do, besides just making some extra cash, is to entice people to play the game even more determinedly. Because now they have to buy that HH, besides also making an Aegis or Mjolner build, in order to see their mtx in action. They also, of course, need to complete their whole Atlas. I suspect that's actually the bigger reason why they're releasing these mtx like this - it's basically to keep players hooked. Hence it wouldn't make sense for them to apply to anything.

In which case they're even more out of touch than I first thought...

I can understand the reasoning behind it, but this isn't the way to go about it. The challenges are already a huge grind that surpass getting a HH etc.

Targetting something like this at "Endgame" players isn't the right way to go about it, and I'm extremely surprised it got through a board meeting (or something similar of the like) without someone raising the concern that players might not be too happy with it.

The concept is great, the execution terrible.

I love supporting GGG, I own a PoE T-shirt and Hoodie from one of the $250 packs or whatever it is, they're a fantastic company, but this one is straight out of left field.
Remove the button from my atlas goddamn. If someone wanna buy it there can be other ways instead of shoving it players in the face.
can we get Zana NFTs next? surely, you can package some crappy concept art into a 50 dollar NFT.
Good stuff
A casual gamer
"
ADtesterGM wrote:
"
Kelori wrote:
I never thought that the PoE community is so toxic afterall.

The game is still F2P with zero P2W mechanics.
We have to pay 0 USD for the yearly expansions which completely reworks the endgame. We pay 0 USD for the 4 leagues / year.
The devs literally pour their hearts and souls into the game they love. They listen to the community (quick QoL changes we ask for), and collaborate with the fans (div cards, art comps, etc.)
PoE is a frickin labour of love, and this is what they get from the players...

The supporter packs and the MTX's from the shop are completely optional. Just like this new battle pass. If you don't like it, you don't buy it. It's literally that simple. I have no idea why is this so hard to grasp for a lot of people.

100 %

My mind is blown how so many people here can hate so much on optional mtx in an absolutely amazing game that you can play for free.

like wtf ?

You both don't seem to understand. People are willing to buy supporter packs because it is a direct purchase for those items plus the bonus currency.

The vault wants you to pay to earn cosmetics.
These items are received after purchase and earned through the Atlas. Any unobtained items from the battlepass will disappear once the League ends, so if you didn't get it, you wasted $30 or whatever value you think it is from what items you already earned.

Saying it is F2P and the vault being optional MTX is not an argument. It puts you in a place of delusion if you don't see the fact that Battlepass with a time limit is just bad and for that matter, they could have sold these items as a $30 to $60 item skin pack like, you know, the Supporter Pack that is already a superior option.
Last edited by fighterNP on Feb 17, 2022, 8:41:50 PM
I just wish we could use points from the store to buy it, but appart from that it look really nice, and compared to the standard GGG pricing it's really not that expensive.
I hope that we will get an other one next league after that backlash, so many people want everything for free when we already have twice as many free MTX from the challenges this league...

If you don't like the pack, just don't fucking buy it.
god damn GGG, why u force me to buy this, and learn to play so i have a chance to get HH and use the mtx. unacceptable, just cant even. f2p in my ass!!!!!!!!!!!
And just like that I stopped playing Path of Exile for the foreseeable future. I regret ever spending money on a company this greedy. You're becoming the next Activision. SHAME ON YOU!
My most hated game.
My most favorite game.
Such is the duality of man.
Still waiting for Perandus to come back
Perandus enjoyer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info