3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

I'm not sure how to use PoB to measure the relative power of attack speed. Like, I was stuck with this mediocre bow

so I tried switching to a regular old Quill Rain and stuff burned down so much faster, even though PoB thought my ignite DPS goes down by 42%. So what stats can I look at to know if other stats are enough to outweigh attack speed? How will I know when I have an item good enough to replace this Quill Rain?
"
fnurt wrote:
I'm not sure how to use PoB to measure the relative power of attack speed. Like, I was stuck with this mediocre bow

so I tried switching to a regular old Quill Rain and stuff burned down so much faster, even though PoB thought my ignite DPS goes down by 42%. So what stats can I look at to know if other stats are enough to outweigh attack speed? How will I know when I have an item good enough to replace this Quill Rain?

What do you mean by "Faster"? Are we talking trash mobs in maps, map bosses, pinnacle bosses?

Quill Rain is hard to beat on a budget for clearing maps. It won't hold you back until you start hitting tough content.

So, for comparison, your current setup puts you at 20 fuses on bosses, and 20 fuses puts you at 2.97 million DPS. Which is notably more than enough damage to clear damn near anything short of juiced content / pinnacle bosses...

However, if you replace your bow with a typical +3 gems bow:

AND you keep your fuses at 20, which would require some work on # of totems, attack speed, and duration, your DPS would increase to 5.17 million. Nearly a 75% increase.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
Quill Rain is hard to beat on a budget for clearing maps. It won't hold you back until you start hitting tough content.

So, for comparison, your current setup puts you at 20 fuses on bosses, and 20 fuses puts you at 2.97 million DPS. Which is notably more than enough damage to clear damn near anything short of juiced content / pinnacle bosses...

AND you keep your fuses at 20, which would require some work on # of totems, attack speed, and duration, your DPS would increase to 5.17 million. Nearly a 75% increase.

Thanks for the very helpful explanation. So is the idea that I need enough attack speed to get me to 20 fuses? How do I calculate fuses?
"
fnurt wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:

Thanks for the very helpful explanation. So is the idea that I need enough attack speed to get me to 20 fuses? How do I calculate fuses?
For bosses, yes, more fuses means more ignite damage.

Your fuses are calculated:

Attack Speed * Hit Chance * Duration Mod * Active Totem Limit
Wow so if you start with a bow with 1.6 attack speed or whatever... that sure makes it challenging to get to 20 fuses. Is there any other way to get 6 totems besides anointing watchtowers?
40/40 done, started with tunas tree because is budget friendly more but switch to this one later, all content eeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzz.
"
fnurt wrote:
Wow so if you start with a bow with 1.6 attack speed or whatever... that sure makes it challenging to get to 20 fuses. Is there any other way to get 6 totems besides anointing watchtowers?
Sure, but they all have their challenges. You can path there instead, or use the extra totem quiver. Initially I pathed there, then I took Blight nodes on the Atlas passive tree until I had enough oils to anoint Watchtowers, then refunded a bunch of the tree on the way there.
Hello, for start great thanks for this build i really like this.

Need help to upgrade my life/tank if someone can look my POB i appreciate it.

https://pastebin.com/A2hbVENq
Does anyone have a build they can post that uses a rare bow and still gets to 20 fuses on bosses?
90% of the guys here you mean?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info