3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

Very helpful comment, thank you. Anyone else? A PoB would be great, just looking to see a build that gets 20 fuses with a rare bow.
Last edited by fnurt on Mar 13, 2022, 5:47:33 PM
"
fnurt wrote:
Very helpful comment, thank you. Anyone else? A PoB would be great, just looking to see a build that gets 20 fuses with a rare bow.

The POB in the first post of the guide can hit 20 fuses. Just use that.
"
fnurt wrote:
You can look at mine.

https://pastebin.com/WXAWLByR

But he's not wrong, there's a lot of us using this build, and very few of us are using anything other than a rare bow. 0.5% of the players in Softcore, 19% in Hardcore.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
How are ppl crafting the nearby negative resistance crafts on ilvl 83 blizzard crowns? I thought the item lvl had to be 85.
"
Icingdeath1 wrote:
How are ppl crafting the nearby negative resistance crafts on ilvl 83 blizzard crowns? I thought the item lvl had to be 85.

You craft it on any random ilvl 85 helm, then craft whatever influenced mod you want on the blizzards crown and combine the two with an awakaner orb. Despite the Blizzard crown being ilvl83 the mod carries over.
Last edited by Ridman on Mar 14, 2022, 1:07:52 PM
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
fnurt wrote:
You can look at mine.

But he's not wrong, there's a lot of us using this build, and very few of us are using anything other than a rare bow. 0.5% of the players in Softcore, 19% in Hardcore.

Thanks for the link, this is super helpful to help me make the math work. So if I understand the formula, the fuses for your build should be:

2.3 (attack speed) * 1.15 (duration modifier) * 6 (active totem limit)

which is 15.87. Is there a number I am missing that gets the total above 20?
"
fnurt wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
fnurt wrote:
You can look at mine.

Thanks for the link, this is super helpful to help me make the math work. So if I understand the formula, the fuses for your build should be:

Accuracy. So if anything it will be lower.

You could either increase duration and/or attack speed to hit 20.
"
brunowa wrote:
"
fnurt wrote:

Accuracy. So if anything it will be lower.

You could either increase duration and/or attack speed to hit 20.

Hit chance was 100% so I just left that out of the multiplication. Was that wrong?
"
fnurt wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
fnurt wrote:
You can look at mine.

Pretty close.

It's attack speed * hit chance * duration mod * totems

In my case, hit chance is 100%, so it doesn't matter. However, you need to include it as not everyone has 100% chance to hit.

My duration mod is 1.55, not 1.15.

2.3 * 1 * 1.55 * 6 = 21.39

I can predict the next question. :) How did I get a duration mod so high??? I've built my character a bit different from the rest. I dropped Purity of Elements for Malevolence. I lose some elemental resists, which I make up for with gear, and elemental ailment immunity, which I make up for using the pantheon, boots with cannot be chilled, and flasks. I gain a bunch of extra damage and duration.

My plan originally was to push enough attack speed to hit 20 fuses without needing the extra duration, which would shrink the time before bosses are ignited and start to take damage. However, I found the less than half a second delay really doesn't matter while bossing. It does make maps more challenging, as nothing ever dies on screen, it's always way behind me, however, a good loot filter makes it obvious when something good drops and I just backtrack to pick up the juicy drops.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Mar 14, 2022, 8:28:34 PM
@Brunowa

Do you mind a few questions ?
I am not trying to be rude, just asking.

1. The POB links in your guide are for Patch 3.16 . Why dont you update them to 3.17 passive tree ?

2. You didnt update the guide to use the amulet Ashes of the Stars. The 30% quality to all skill gems, gives ALOT defense and offense, so it is really the best option here and you get 20% reservation effiency, which helps alot with auras.

3. You use Blood Rage on your standard char and its great to use, but it is not mentioned in your gems section.

4. The medium burning damage Cluster with notable Fan the Flames gives you Prolif and then you dont need to swap gems. The Build has enough damage, so no need to take full dps on the burning damage cluster.

5. small increased armour cluster with enduring composure is better than using enduring cry and frees up a gem slot for more important things.

6. Your passive tree can be changed abit to make it better, if you are interested.

7. You dont talk about jewels in your detailed gear setup. Are the jewels on your standard char intended or could you not get better ones on standard trade ?

Last edited by Kharadas on Mar 15, 2022, 12:22:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info