3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

should i get an Unnatural Instinct or is there a better upgrade?

https://pastebin.com/e2BW4ZBv
"
7SoNyxKill wrote:
should i get an Unnatural Instinct or is there a better upgrade?

https://pastebin.com/e2BW4ZBv

Would probably go for a Hyrri's Ire first. Its pretty Cheap and adds ~6% increased Ignite Damage, 40% more Evade Chance and gets your Spell Suppression caped. You definetly need more Accuracy aswell, you are at only around 90% hit Chance at the moment.

Since you are using Lifetap for your Skills you could reserve way more Mana. For example unspec the Determination Reservation Mastery and level up your Precision to get more Accuracy. You are missing Attack Speed aswell but could be solved by some Passive Tree changes overall.
Last edited by SlushYou on Mar 10, 2022, 5:52:03 PM
Trying to craft the Blizzard Crown but kinda stuck, just haven't done it before.

I have the lvl85 Warlord Helm, and the Blizzard Crown.

I used the Redeemer Exalt on the Blizzard Crown.

Is the next step to continue using alterations to get 2 influenced mods even possible? How many do I need? I have about a thousand right now.

Once I have the two influenced mods, I have to get lucky with Orb of Dominance to remove the second mod, not the burning damage mod, right? These are expensive (2ex atm), so I could only afford a couple.

Then for the Warlord helm, I need to also roll the 2 influence mods, one of them needs to be -fire res, the other doesn't matter. And then again chance it with an Orb of Dominance, hoping that the -fire res is elevated and the other is deleted. Is that right?

Once that's done, then I need Awakener Orb the Warlord base onto the Blizzard Crown, is that right?

Help needed on that one.

Next up, gear. I've saved about 14ex now and I think the chestpiece and boots are next up, but would be curious to know what others think. Any insight is appreciated.

I don't know how to link my skill tree gems.

Can someone comfirm this for me, i found this ring and when i add it to my pob it seems to completely break the dps. Im pretty sure it's broken in pob but would this be something we can use?
Last edited by MoparMuppet on Mar 10, 2022, 8:55:16 PM
Can someone take a look at my gear and give me suggestions on upgrades or skill tree changes? I have good dps but it's nothing like in the videos and some things are still difficult.
Can someone more knowledgeable check my build? Its obviously a work in progress. I'm working on crafting spell suppress on my gloves and boots.Im also crafting a hunter influenced quiver and blizzard crown that hit deafening greed and t1 hybrid life/evasion. Any pointers. I switched out The Taming for polaric devastation and I know I have to move resistances around and get more chaos resists. Maybe work in more atk speed?
Last edited by Icingdeath1 on Mar 11, 2022, 12:31:30 PM
Don't just say "Can someone check my gear?" - click on your avatar above, then your characters gear pieces one by one, to link in your comment.
Sorry about last post I wasn't logged in properly. I'll link my gear. I use a jade flask with increased defensive stats but had the extra life flasks for Uber Eldr and Maven fights. Can anyone offer ideas about upgrades to the build?

Last edited by Icingdeath1 on Mar 11, 2022, 1:09:24 PM
"
solomanstone wrote:
Trying to craft the Blizzard Crown but kinda stuck, just haven't done it before.

I'll try and walk you through this, it's a lot of steps but not too complicated once you start doing it.

"
solomanstone wrote:
I have the lvl85 Warlord Helm, and the Blizzard Crown.

I used the Redeemer Exalt on the Blizzard Crown.

First step looks good. Make sure the Redeemer Blizzard Crown is at least ilvl 75, but I recommend ilvl 83 in order to roll potentially higher mods.

"
solomanstone wrote:
Is the next step to continue using alterations to get 2 influenced mods even possible? How many do I need? I have about a thousand right now.

This is incredibly difficult, as you'd need a helm that has exactly the t1 ignite suffix and then an influenced prefix. Craft of Exile puts this at ~5187 alterations to hit both.

A better way to get a helm with t1 ignite and another influence mod is through fossil crafting. I've found the best way to hit this is with Lucent/Scorched fossils, which Craft of Exile puts at 1/54. Note that some of the redeemer influence mods don't look very special (eg. regenerate # mana per second) so be careful to not roll over a helmet that might have the t1 ignite and another (boring) influence mod.

"
solomanstone wrote:
Once I have the two influenced mods, I have to get lucky with Orb of Dominance to remove the second mod, not the burning damage mod, right? These are expensive (2ex atm), so I could only afford a couple.

This is correct. For all intents and purposes, consider your 1/54 chance of fossil crafting the helm to be 1/54 * 2 = 1/108 because you have a 50/50 chance of hitting with the orb of dominance. If you miss here don't get discouraged, just think of the craft as costing twice as much and recognize it as part of the cost.

"
solomanstone wrote:
Then for the Warlord helm, I need to also roll the 2 influence mods, one of them needs to be -fire res, the other doesn't matter. And then again chance it with an Orb of Dominance, hoping that the -fire res is elevated and the other is deleted. Is that right?

This is correct again. The warlord helmet is much easier / cheaper to craft than the redeemer helmet because the optimal fossil combination is single scorched fossil. On average you're hitting once every 1/40 scorched fossils, so think of it as 1/80 with expected orb of dominance luck.

Same as with the redeemer helm, be sure to check the mods every time you roll the 'nearby -fire res' mod, as some of the warlord influence mods don't look very special, and might be mistaken for regular mods.

This is a good time to note that the warlord influence suffixes are called 'of the conquest', not 'of the Warlord'.

"
solomanstone wrote:
Once that's done, then I need Awakener Orb the Warlord base onto the Blizzard Crown, is that right?

That's right. Instructions are on the awakener orb, but you'll need to right click the orb, left click the item you want to destroy (warlord helm) and then left click the item you want to keep (redeemer blizzard crown). I would do a quick scan of the two bases for any influence mods other than the two you want as they can ruin your awakener orb if you are not careful.

"
solomanstone wrote:
Next up, gear. I've saved about 14ex now and I think the chestpiece and boots are next up, but would be curious to know what others think. Any insight is appreciated.

You can pick up a 6L Hyrri's Ire and an Atziri's Step to get your Spell Suppression maxed or close to it.

For damage, I'd go by the formula previously mentioned in this thread:

Number of Totems * Attack Speed * Chance to Hit * Skill Duration

Ideally you want this number to be at 20 or pretty close to it. If you're lacking in damage and still not at 20 fuse charges, try raising any of the above four stats in order to reach the 20 fuse charge benchmark.

Edit: Consider swapping to a short bow or thicket bow to get your attack speed up. You can use a 6L quill rain as a cheap intermediate step.
Last edited by Jesture on Mar 11, 2022, 3:32:08 PM
"
solomanstone wrote:

You already have the ignite proliferation's ignites spreading part of the gem on your gloves as an implicit, you can drop the gem from your setup and run faster attacks. This is a bandaid for attack speed, but once you shore up attack speed in other places you can swap faster attacks for elemental damage. Not needing the blue socket makes recoloring easy if you dont want to craft the white socket(s) on.

Edit: As for your tree, I think you may be missing passive skill point rewards from your storyline. You can check with the /passives command in chat. You're missing the entire avatar of the hunt cluster (4 points) right above elemental equilibrium. A lot of people's tree don't appear to have them allocated because they're using the unique jewel unnatural instinct to allocate all those passives for them.
Last edited by Teerick on Mar 11, 2022, 8:22:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info