3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
fnurt wrote:
Very helpful comment, thank you. Anyone else? A PoB would be great, just looking to see a build that gets 20 fuses with a rare bow.

The main thing is not the POB, but also your items.

I checked your profile and you are missing the following things:

1. Broadhead Arrow Quiver +10% attack speed implicit with attack speed as suffix too.

2. No attack speed on gloves.

3. Your jewels have no attack speed and getting some with attack speed is not that expensive, if you know how to search.

4. You dont have watch towers anointed or pathing to it. So you are missing +1 totem and more attack speed.

If you like the build and want to invest more, i show you my fast rare bow:

https://pastebin.com/h6fbaJYi

Hello can you explain if quallity/duration on explosive arrow is good or not? im not sure if i shold get Ashes of the star or not because it gives increased durration to ea. i allso want to know how much attack speed is enough? i cureently have 2.32 attack speed and 5 balista. i will soon get watchtower if i get the ashes of the stars. thank you!

if i get watchtower and ashes i will have this amount of fuses.

6totem*2,32*1.42 durration+6= 25,6 fuses

I guess i have to much attack speed, should i drop some attack speed on the bow for some more dps instead?
Last edited by I Khabat I on Mar 15, 2022, 5:39:20 AM
"
Kharadas wrote:
@Brunowa

Do you mind a few questions ?
I am not trying to be rude, just asking.

1. The POB links in your guide are for Patch 3.16 . Why dont you update them to 3.17 passive tree ?

2. You didnt update the guide to use the amulet Ashes of the Stars. The 30% quality to all skill gems, gives ALOT defense and offense, so it is really the best option here and you get 20% reservation effiency, which helps alot with auras.

3. You use Blood Rage on your standard char and its great to use, but it is not mentioned in your gems section.

4. The medium burning damage Cluster with notable Fan the Flames gives you Prolif and then you dont need to swap gems. The Build has enough damage, so no need to take full dps on the burning damage cluster.

5. small increased armour cluster with enduring composure is better than using enduring cry and frees up a gem slot for more important things.

6. Your passive tree can be changed abit to make it better, if you are interested.

7. You dont talk about jewels in your detailed gear setup. Are the jewels on your standard char intended or could you not get better ones on standard trade ?

Hey mate, thanks for the questions.

My answers below:

1) Not sure. The POBs were posted near the start of the league so haven't touched them. I have since made some updates to my 40+mill DPS version but most of it is personal preference so I have just left the POBs as they are.

2) Ashes of the stars is a great option, but it does lack life and resistances which are pretty fundamental. Also, it is lower DPS compared with a regular DOT ammy with life, res, and + skill gem(s). But it's a good alternative if you want the quality on gems for whatever reason you are using that quality for.

3) Yes, this is one of those updates I have personally made, but again, it's personal preference. I did mention it in the thread at the time of change but didn't update the guide. I can add it into gems as an alternate way to generate frenzy, which is my preference now for my setup.

4) Fan the flames is nice, but by using fan the flames you are giving up on another notable. So ultimately, I can use Ignite Prolif which gives me a bigger spread of proliferation whilst also using a cluster that gives me more DPS. Again, this is personal preference. I do all bosses with Ignite Proliferation in and don't even swap to Deadly Ailments these days so it makes no difference. The only time I swap in Deadly Ailments now is if I am carrying somebody else for bossing.

In saying that, Fan the Flames is a good option if you don't have the luxury of a white socket or second bow setup as it's a nice simple quality of life. But ultimately, it's less effective.

5) Enduring Composure is in the "well-rounded" POB. It's a great defence. Personally, I don't need that defence any more so I have swapped it out for a DPS cluster. I use Enduring Cry for free health regen. It works perfectly on the final phase of Maven when your health flasks don't work.

6) I'd be interested to hear any thoughts. It's pretty optimised. But if you have any suggestions, fire away. If you're talking about the Hired Killer area, I have opted to not go there because I can get better DPS elsewhere (as you can see I am focused more on DPS now).

7) Yes, my jewels are intended. Why wouldn't they be? hehe

But yes, I could get more optimised ones. But I tend to not "min-max". I usually go about 90% of the way. But to truly optimise would take me a lot of time and currency and I have no need to. Any farmed currency I would rather pump into a different build now as this build can already do everything very comfortably. It's not just clusters and jewels, it's basically all my gear could be better. There are many people on this thread who have posted better gear than me and they are in league. It's personal preference again and just the way I play POE and probably to do with the fact that I play Standard - because any currency I earn can be used in the future... unlike league, where any currency earned basically needs to be used up otherwise it's gone.

In saying that, I am loving this build so much I did just start a league character for the first time in years... just for the fun of it. Currently level 78 :)

Hope that helps?!
Last edited by brunowa on Mar 15, 2022, 5:27:41 AM
Can a ring with flammability on hit be crafted and how?
does having 5 arrows instead of 3 arrows make a big diffrent on bosses?
"
SpookyPupett wrote:

Easiest way is to get a any Random Warlord-Influenced Ring and throw your Harvest "reforge with caster" on it. Hits the Flammabilty quite often.

You could also craft your normal ring and then try Warlord-Slamming the Flammability. But it only has a 10% chance, so might get very tedious/expensive.

"
I Khabat I wrote:
does having 5 arrows instead of 3 arrows make a big diffrent on bosses?

No. Doesnt make a difference if you got 1 or 3 or 5 Arrows on Bosses. Every Attack can only apply 1 Fuse to each enemy hit. No matter how many arrows it launches.

"
I Khabat I wrote:
https://pastebin.com/h6fbaJYi
if i get watchtower and ashes i will have this amount of fuses.

6totem*2,32*1.42 durration+6= 25,6 fuses
I guess i have to much attack speed, should i drop some attack speed on the bow for some more dps instead?

You#r at 19,6 Fuses..so almost reaching the cap after 1,42s. Definitely don't get rid of Attackspeed :)

Sorry guys I'm at work but I was trying to play around with my pob last night and I couldn't get my ignite dps to calculate correctly, it kept saying I was only at 741k and when I tried to switch the gems faster attacks + elemental attacks support out for awakened burning and deadly ailments the dmg wouldn't change.

I used 20 fuses, but no matter what I changed in the skills tab I was only ever at 741k ignite dps. I feel like with my gear I should be closer to 2mm dps, I play SSF mostly unless I can't finish the season.

I believe I'm at 20 fuses since I'm at 2.92 (AS) * .95 (hit) * 1.35 (skill duration) * 6 (totems) = 22.4694, I don't think I need to use faster attacks gem anymore.

My character name is EggoEA if someone is able to import it, otherwise I can post later tonight.
Last edited by Eggochiggo on Mar 15, 2022, 10:19:21 AM
"
Schejian wrote:
"
SpookyPupett wrote:

Easiest way is to get a any Random Warlord-Influenced Ring and throw your Harvest "reforge with caster" on it. Hits the Flammabilty quite often.

You could also craft your normal ring and then try Warlord-Slamming the Flammability. But it only has a 10% chance, so might get very tedious/expensive.

Thank you, I will try the harvest option.
Cant speak to the PoB, at work also.

From your tree you could respec the %life/mana node and the Arcanist Domain near witch start. Allocate the 10 str to the left of your main path. Then respec the 2 +10 int nodes going up to DoT Mastery. That depends on stats needed and all though.

Or even respec the +2 int nodes and adding the 1 +10 str would free up a point.
If you could show me the calculation to the 19 fuses that you calculated I will be forever grateful. When I count I get 25,6 fuses

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info