3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

I don't know what to go for as my next upgrade. Currently I only have 3,999hp and my spell suppression isn't quite capped. My accuracy is like 87% or something WITH the ice golem up.
"
ILjXYZ wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
ILjXYZ wrote:
<snip> Elemental reflect is self-explanatory, and ... <snip>

Just popped in to say that I don't reroll anything any more, and elemental reflect still isn't a problem.

The thing about this is, the initial arrows do very little damage. All the big damage is in the explosion and ignite. By then, I don't care if my ballista dies to reflect - the mob is dead as well. Same for bosses - the ballistas will survive long enough to stack up 20 fuses, then the explosion hits, and the boss ignites... now it doesn't matter if I have to resummon. I'd be resummoning in any case to maintain Onslaught.

I was wondering about that but I guess it's just been an automatic reaction to reroll it. I'll give it a shot and see how it is. Also, wanted to say that your character was the character I used to model mine after when I was really getting into gearing mine. I'm pretty sure I recognize you from other build posts, maybe Necro Zombies when they were popular and op. I said hey it's grimjack, he's usually pretty good! lol
Another thing to keep in mind - once you level an Awakened Elemental Damage gem out to 5, you get elemental damage reflect immunity.

Thanks for the kind words. I've definitely been around a while, and I tend to post a fair bit on the forums for whatever build I've been playing the last couple leagues.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
6lvl awakened gems are mostly waste i think, they give bonus on 6lvl and 8lvl and we have +1lvl to gems bow so 5lvl should be same as 6 but cheaper.
I am very satiedfied with my build, but i also
want to do the next step in relation to my dps.

I comfortable kill Sirus/Shaper/Elder/UElder, but
there is so much content to explore .....

How can i boost my DPS or/and survivability ?

Can invest about 15 ex at the moment.

I am thankfull for hints.

https://pastebin.com/11mg1Jms
Coud someone please take a look at my gear and give me suggestions on upgrades or skill tree changes? I'm lacking in survivability. Do I have to put some effort in improving my chaos resistance?

Also, would it be better to change my anointment to "Watchtowers" in order to get 6 totems instead of 5? However, I would loose a significant amount of attack speed then...

Shall I invest in a Headhunter for mapping?

https://pastebin.com/x9hWACy8

Thanks!
"
za6i9ka wrote:
6lvl awakened gems are mostly waste i think, they give bonus on 6lvl and 8lvl and we have +1lvl to gems bow so 5lvl should be same as 6 but cheaper.
Agreed. I leveled this and got lucky on the corrupt.
"
Seibuss wrote:
I am very satiedfied with my build, but i also
want to do the next step in relation to my dps.

I comfortable kill Sirus/Shaper/Elder/UElder, but
there is so much content to explore .....

How can i boost my DPS or/and survivability ?

Can invest about 15 ex at the moment.

I am thankfull for hints.

https://pastebin.com/11mg1Jms
There's some easy upgrades for you.

Catalysts on rings and amulet, but most importantly, on belt. You can boost the ignite damage speed 20% that way.

Quality on most of your gems. Especially the ones in your bow.

An Atziri's Promise flask is likely a better choice than Cinderswallow. It's more damage, it boosts your resistance to chaos, and you get onslaught from your clusters when you summon a totem already.

You need another spell suppression affix to hit 100. The only real option there seems to be helmet. Or take Magebane on the tree, it's there for a reason.

Quality on your life flask.
"
knaecke wrote:
Coud someone please take a look at my gear and give me suggestions on upgrades or skill tree changes? I'm lacking in survivability. Do I have to put some effort in improving my chaos resistance?

Also, would it be better to change my anointment to "Watchtowers" in order to get 6 totems instead of 5? However, I would loose a significant amount of attack speed then...

Shall I invest in a Headhunter for mapping?

https://pastebin.com/x9hWACy8

Thanks!

Drop the Cinderswallow and the second life flask, replace with a jade and granite, preferably with increased evasion and increased armour affixes.

Absolutely take Watchtowers as your amulet anoint.

You're running Divergent EA, which is great for map clearing, but awful for bosses. Cuts your fuse time in half, basically, and limits you to less than 10 fuses, which is a huge cut to your damage potential.

Swap to a regular 21/20 EA gem. Drop the Ash, Frost, and Storm wheel on the passive tree. Take the Damage over Time mastery from the Acrimony wheel that gives increased duration of ailments. Put 2 more points towards Ironwood on the bottom of the tree. While you're there, allocate the Totem Mastery to 5% of damage from hits is taken from your nearest Totem's life before you.

With those changes, your attack speed drops to 2.28, hit chance is 90%, duration 1.55, and max totems 6, which puts you just under 20 fuses, and your damage output goes from under 14m to 35m, your evade chance goes up 10%, and your effective life pool jumps from 60k to 87k.

Headhunter is useful, but it's the very last thing I would upgrade on this build. I'm nearly level 98, I've cleared literally every game content available, and I'm still using the Dyadian Dawn belt. I think you would be better off putting a 6 link Quill Rain in your off hand and using a complete set of gems in there for clearing. Would work exceptionally well with your current Divergent EA, and you could simply weapon switch for bosses.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Mar 12, 2022, 6:12:05 AM
Hey,

thanks for the guide.
i cant find anything to Pantheon. what do i should take?
"
ReconeMarine wrote:
Hey,

thanks for the guide.
i cant find anything to Pantheon. what do i should take?

You take whatever benefits you. Personally I've gone for Lunaris/Abberath cos Abberath is great for exarch maps. Pantheon powers depend on your playstyle.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info