3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to find the Dyadian Dawn? I typically try to play the league as SSF the if I hit a wall I will start buying stuff the last couple weeks.

Currently I have been doing the recipe Shakari Touched, Treant Horde, Brine King touched, and Tukohama touched, but I recently have run out of the materials to run it and getting tired of running the 5-10 maps i can a day without actually find the right items to create them (bone breaker/sentinel/berserker/frenzie seem to be my issue).

Last night I figured maybe it's worth for me to start farming uniques in heist to change of the gameplay loop, I really want to get this belt before I go into fight the end game bosses since it is such a big dps upgrade.

Note: I rolled all my expedition currency gambling for heavy belts and have no logbooks left to find more atm so I believe heist is my only other viable option.

I do have 3 ancient orbs so may give that a shot with a unique heavy belt, any specific ilvl i should look for to maximize my chances?
Last edited by Eggochiggo on Mar 9, 2022, 10:47:29 AM
is headhunter worth buying in this build?
"
Archunques wrote:

If you have the $$ it's nice to have. I'd make it a last priority.. only if you already have all other gear as it's not build defining.
i use a lvl 3 enlighten linked with:

Determination
Defiance Banner
Grace
Purity of Elements
Precicion Lvl 1

My Question:

Could i delete the Grace node (25% mana res.) if iam using a lvl 4 enlighten?

I would respec reflex nodes and take magebane and could save 2 passive points.
"
Archunques wrote:

If you can afford a HH in League, better switch to a build that better supports it. You generally don't want to play delayed-dmg builds with a HH.
"
Schejian wrote:
"
Archunques wrote:

If you can afford a HH in League, better switch to a build that better supports it. You generally don't want to play delayed-dmg builds with a HH.

WHy?

It makes no difference to buff time. HH can dramatically increase clear speed and defence.

I typically have 5-30 HH buffs up at a time and it's great. Especially fun if you are farming legions or rituals.

What's the downside? Missing the 42% faster ignites from Dyadian Dawn? We don't need that for mapping at all. Headhunter is easily BiS for mapping if you can afford it and are comfortable with your resists.
Last edited by brunowa on Mar 10, 2022, 4:49:03 AM
"
PattyWin wrote:
i use a lvl 3 enlighten linked with:

Determination
Defiance Banner
Grace
Purity of Elements
Precicion Lvl 1

My Question:

Could i delete the Grace node (25% mana res.) if iam using a lvl 4 enlighten?

I would respec reflex nodes and take magebane and could save 2 passive points.

Don't think you'd be able to give up the 25% Grace mana res unless you have it elsewhere.
"
brunowa wrote:

WHy?
It makes no difference to buff time. HH can dramatically increase clear speed and defence..

True, of course. HH is great.
But non-delayed DMG build will always scale way better with a HeadHunter. It's always been like that (TR/ignite/degen builds etc.)

No matter how high your DPS/Buffs we'll still have to wait 1s for every single Trashpack. The real Power of HH lies in insta-clearing the whole screen in 20ms and zooming on with SoulEater. Delayed DMG can't do that.

We greatly benefit from the Buffs ofc, no question.
But other build benefit even more. And they can get crazy clearspeed with it, we can't.

So if you can afford an HH in League,, usual advice is to reroll an insta-screen-clear build asap and get zooming.

True that it's not the greatest HH build of all time.

But the point is, if you enjoy the build and want to keep playing it and not reroll just because you can afford a HH, it works great with this build in fostering greater clearapeed, defence, and fun. Ultimately, it's bis for mapping with this build.

With 6 ballistas, + 2 arrows from rain of splinters, and ignite proliferation, we almost get fullscreen clear anyway. So effectively there is little difference to stacking buffs... the fact there is a 1s delay means little difference when by the time the first pack gives you a buff you have already phased through them and stuck fuses into the next pack which is about to explode, and so on and so forth.
Last edited by brunowa on Mar 10, 2022, 4:15:27 AM
About talk about HH: for some content, a Quill bow might be preferable, in combination with a divergent explosive arrow and the bow mastery that gives extra damage based on projectile speed. Or maybe The tempest instead of Quill, if you got enough attack speed (no need for bow mastery then).

Boss DPS will be cut in half, but clear speed will be much faster.

You can even combine the two and use weapon swapping, quill/tempest for everything except bosses or other tough enemies.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info