3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
SlushYou wrote:
"
duche31 wrote:
Hello guys

would you mind explaining in details how to craft the helmet?

i have this base to start with
1 prefix and 1 sufix open is ok to start with?

i plan to buy a warlord helmet base with -9% fire res

a bit lost how to combine them both

thanks!

You hit the Blizzard Crown with a Redeemer Exalt and roll for T1 increased burning damage and one other influence Mod. Then use Orb of Dominance and try to elevate the burning damage mod. Do this until you get the mod you want elevated.

Get a random lvl85 Warlord Helmet and roll it for the -fire res mod and one other influence mod (you can buy one aswell) and elevate the -fire res mod.

After the first two steps are done you awakener orb them together (click the bad warlord base first and the blizzard crown second). Now you got a blizzard crown with the two elevated suffixes and a random 3. suffix (you are stuck with the 3. suffix unless you want to try a lucky annul (not recommended)).

Since your suffixes are done now you can craft your prefixes however you want them (craft life, harvest rerolls, veiled mods etc. depending on what you are aiming for). Dont forget the suffixes cannot be changed craft when crafting your prefixes.

Thanks for these useful explanations appreciated!

i'm just wondering now if it is really important to have two influence mods if we have to remove one right after? it seems i got the right one, shall i stop here and go for next step and awakener on bad warlord base ? (not elevated yet)

Got to level 95 (which is usually my end level) so tried some hard stuff. Delirium 100% on juiced rare t16 map (Q 100) turned out to be quite simple, but simulacrum was harder. Made it to level 27 when I ran into double bosses that kept one-shotting me from ranged attacks so that's how far I made it.

Still, not too bad considering I have several updates I can do.
Last edited by MagnusH on Mar 8, 2022, 2:13:03 PM
Great build! I've managed to get to lvl 98 for the first time. I'm looking for any gear suggestions. Right now I have about 25ex, should I go for enlighten lvl4 to lvl up precision a tinsy bit more? or maybe something else?

"
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
ILjXYZ wrote:
<snip> Elemental reflect is self-explanatory, and ... <snip>

Just popped in to say that I don't reroll anything any more, and elemental reflect still isn't a problem.

The thing about this is, the initial arrows do very little damage. All the big damage is in the explosion and ignite. By then, I don't care if my ballista dies to reflect - the mob is dead as well. Same for bosses - the ballistas will survive long enough to stack up 20 fuses, then the explosion hits, and the boss ignites... now it doesn't matter if I have to resummon. I'd be resummoning in any case to maintain Onslaught.

I was wondering about that but I guess it's just been an automatic reaction to reroll it. I'll give it a shot and see how it is. Also, wanted to say that your character was the character I used to model mine after when I was really getting into gearing mine. I'm pretty sure I recognize you from other build posts, maybe Necro Zombies when they were popular and op. I said hey it's grimjack, he's usually pretty good! lol
"
duche31 wrote:
"
SlushYou wrote:
"
duche31 wrote:
Hello guys

would you mind explaining in details how to craft the helmet?

i have this base to start with
1 prefix and 1 sufix open is ok to start with?

i plan to buy a warlord helmet base with -9% fire res

a bit lost how to combine them both

thanks!

You hit the Blizzard Crown with a Redeemer Exalt and roll for T1 increased burning damage and one other influence Mod. Then use Orb of Dominance and try to elevate the burning damage mod. Do this until you get the mod you want elevated.

Get a random lvl85 Warlord Helmet and roll it for the -fire res mod and one other influence mod (you can buy one aswell) and elevate the -fire res mod.

After the first two steps are done you awakener orb them together (click the bad warlord base first and the blizzard crown second). Now you got a blizzard crown with the two elevated suffixes and a random 3. suffix (you are stuck with the 3. suffix unless you want to try a lucky annul (not recommended)).

Since your suffixes are done now you can craft your prefixes however you want them (craft life, harvest rerolls, veiled mods etc. depending on what you are aiming for). Dont forget the suffixes cannot be changed craft when crafting your prefixes.

Thanks for these useful explanations appreciated!

i'm just wondering now if it is really important to have two influence mods if we have to remove one right after? it seems i got the right one, shall i stop here and go for next step and awakener on bad warlord base ? (not elevated yet)

It depends how much you are willing to invest into your helm.

Currently, it's not elevated. So you would need to invest $$ to elevate it by adding another influenced mod and then gambling to elevate it.

Or you can take what you've got and simply awakened orb on Nearby enemies have +9/12 fire res and call it a day.

Going for double elevated obviously is better, but it comes with investment. I personally don't run anything elevated and as you can see, we have no issues.

But if you want to min max then elevated is great.
Keep in mind that Blizzard Crowns is mostly used for Bossing.
A well rolled one (double elevated. ~15ex+) will boost DPS by an impressive 15-25% more.

But:
If your primary focus is just doing maps you might want to avoid pouring multiple exalts into it.
It will be beat by "The Gull" for mapping Speed (and survivability) which only cost 1c.

Source: Crafted one for ~15ex..used it in maps, noticed how slow it was compared to Gull, went back to Gull. Lessons learned.

Last edited by Schejian on Mar 9, 2022, 3:01:22 AM
"
Schejian wrote:
Keep in mind that Blizzard Crowns is mostly used for Bossing.
A well rolled one (double elevated. ~15ex+) will boost DPS by an impressive 15-25% more.

But:
If your primary focus is just doing maps you might want to avoid pouring multiple exalts into it.
It will be beat by "The Gull" for mapping Speed (and survivability) which only cost 1c.

Source: Crafted one for ~15ex..used it in maps, noticed how slow it was compared to Gull, went back to Gull. Lessons learned.

Or get a Blizzard Crown and.a Headhunter and have best of both worlds ;)

But yeh Gull is a nice, cheap way of spicing things up in maps for a bit of fun.
Last edited by brunowa on Mar 9, 2022, 4:32:28 AM
hehe thanks for your answers guys
non elevated Blizzard crown was a significant improvement already i am happy with it :)
have not tried gull, not sure i want to try it now and realize i spent couple ex for nothing :)
HH is out of my range unfortunately ..
is haveing added fire damage mode bad for this build? currently have it on my bow

would be great if anyone have an advice for upgrades

https://pastebin.com/4fyq485N
"
7SoNyxKill wrote:
is haveing added fire damage mode bad for this build? currently have it on my bow

would be great if anyone have an advice for upgrades

https://pastebin.com/4fyq485N

Added Fire Damage (local) on Bow is not a Problem.
It wont get added to your Arrows just to the Explosion. (which is fire anyway)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info