3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

Loving the build - A couple of questions:

1. I'm trying to go Hyrri's Ire + possibly Blizzard Crown (even though I am loving the Gull) for maximum dps. This would result in Cold being my highest dmg (currently lightning). Would this mess with Shaper of the Storms + 40% increased effect on non-damaging ailments mastery? I'm assuming I would still get shock but it wouldn't be as strong so maybe the mastery would not be worth taking at that point?

2. Would Doryani's Lesson (Large Cluster) work on this build?

3. How much attack speed is too much attack speed? Currently I believe I'm at 21 fuses with the AS on my flask. I'm thinking of getting rid of the AS on flask for a more defensive option.

4. Has anyone found some way to build in Forbidden Flesh/Flame into the build? Maybe Profane Bloom (although our clear is already great) or maybe Bastion of Elements for more survivability

5. Any other general tips anyone can give me to further maximize my dps.

POB: https://pastebin.com/jFrZUQPx
I wonder if it was a mistake selling a cluster that had master of fire lol.

edit - had some other passive as well, wasn't one that I would've preferred.
Last edited by dokterr on Feb 19, 2022, 8:34:25 PM
"
Alexioz wrote:
Loving the build - A couple of questions:

1. I'm trying to go Hyrri's Ire + possibly Blizzard Crown (even though I am loving the Gull) for maximum dps. This would result in Cold being my highest dmg (currently lightning). Would this mess with Shaper of the Storms + 40% increased effect on non-damaging ailments mastery? I'm assuming I would still get shock but it wouldn't be as strong so maybe the mastery would not be worth taking at that point?

2. Would Doryani's Lesson (Large Cluster) work on this build?

3. How much attack speed is too much attack speed? Currently I believe I'm at 21 fuses with the AS on my flask. I'm thinking of getting rid of the AS on flask for a more defensive option.

4. Has anyone found some way to build in Forbidden Flesh/Flame into the build? Maybe Profane Bloom (although our clear is already great) or maybe Bastion of Elements for more survivability

5. Any other general tips anyone can give me to further maximize my dps.

POB: https://pastebin.com/jFrZUQPx

1) Your overall DPS with hyrris and blizzard will be bigger. The extra shock from Shaper of Storms is nice but it's not build defining. You still shock, just not as much and the flat cold damage will add greater dps.

2) the leech won't work.

3) you should aim for about 2.5 attacks per second as a rough guide.

4) I don't see any fabulous use of forbidden Flame/Flesh for us, unless you wanted to get the 5th notable for Elementalist, either Shaper of Storms or Bastian of Elements - whichever you are missing.
"
dokterr wrote:
I wonder if it was a mistake selling a cluster that had master of fire lol.

edit - had some other passive as well, wasn't one that I would've preferred.

We already get a more powerful fire exposure so it wasn't mistake to sell that :)
"
FakelZ wrote:

I really enjoyed AG and spectres setup, thinking to do a +3 minion helmet. Arena master provides great attack speed buff, AG with kingsmaker is nice QoL

Minions is a funky idea. What spectres you running? Carnage Chieftans I assume for frenzies.. anything else?

I'd love to try frost sentinels simply because they look awesome. Might give it a go.
why do I see people taking a few minion nodes if ballista totems not consider to be minions??
"
PathToGod wrote:
why do I see people taking a few minion nodes if ballista totems not consider to be minions??
Because of the node, Spiritual Command on the passive skill tree.

If you path to that, you get a bunch of extra attack speed... and it also opens up the bow craft, Minions have 25-28% increased attack speed. That's a LOT of extra attack speed.

I haven't tried to figure out a way to afford pathing or anointing that node yet, and compare it to the tree we're using, so... your mileage may vary. :)
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
PathToGod wrote:
Because of the node, Spiritual Command on the passive skill tree.

If you path to that, you get a bunch of extra attack speed... and it also opens up the bow craft, Minions have 25-28% increased attack speed. That's a LOT of extra attack speed.

I haven't tried to figure out a way to afford pathing or anointing that node yet, and compare it to the tree we're using, so... your mileage may vary. :)

I think it's an ok option of you're really struggling for attack speed. But overall, if you can get attack speed elsewhere, using the points for other nodes (as well as the normal bow bench craft) is far better.
Ghazzy had a video using new influence items on AG for non-minion builds (I think in his example it was brittle boots). Wonder if we can abuse something like that (scorch? a defensive one?)

Any advice on what to upgrade next for boss killing? I've only done shaper so far and dps was slowish

I'm also noticing people using the splinters jewel on poe.ninja (2 extra proj -30-50% totem damage) is this worth it?

Also, I noticed some trees are different to the one in OP. Is there a better tree worth running?
Last edited by _Trekka on Feb 20, 2022, 3:53:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info