3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

Guys, what about Bow attack speed on jewel? Its working with normal attack speed, to ballistas?
"
Ethorian wrote:
Guys, what about Bow attack speed on jewel? Its working with normal attack speed, to ballistas?

Yes it works. The Ballista inherit our Attackspeed.

"+8% increased Attackspeed with Bows" is the single best mod on jewels for us.
"
Schejian wrote:

"
brunowa wrote:

It makes sense in situations where you pre-stack totems though, for example Pinnacle bosses.

Theoretically 6 totems prespawned could hit at the exact same time, meaning 6 fuses are already in the boss when the duration timer just starts.

Alright, that's true. Technically your very first explosion on the boss will have a +6 extra fuses thx to pre-stacking. :)

Your initial ignite is the ONLY ignite that matters. It's the largest. Your first ignite will almost always keep bosses ignited until they die and it's this initial ignite that will deal all the DPS... at least when you are with end-game gear.
So i'm still wondering if totems proc polaric devastation covered in ash, can any1 clarify since it says YOU.
"
brunowa wrote:

Your initial ignite is the ONLY ignite that matters. It's the largest. Your first ignite will almost always keep bosses ignited until they die and it's this initial ignite that will deal all the DPS... at least when you are with end-game gear.

To be fair. Once you are at a point there boss dies in <2,5 sec it doesn't really matter what you do anyway.

Since the latest Patch PoB offers some quite insightful/advaned ailments calculations. If anyone's interested to deep-dive into it, look into Spread+Stackpotential.

Short: DmgSpread of Explosions is quite big (e.g. 130k max, 70k min), so chances are quite high to overwrite (rolling) Ignites.

Last edited by Schejian on Feb 19, 2022, 7:21:20 AM
"
za6i9ka wrote:
So i'm still wondering if totems proc polaric devastation covered in ash, can any1 clarify since it says YOU.

Yes, the totems take on our stats, so that's why we use Polaric Devastation.
"
Schejian wrote:

Yes it works. The Ballista inherit our Attackspeed.

"+8% increased Attackspeed with Bows" is the single best mod on jewels for us.

and if u lack in accuracy?
Hey guys, quick question, is there a point where having too much skill duration hurts your DPS?
From what I understand the higher seems to be the better since it lets you stack more fuses but at some point is it so long that your fuses takes too much time to be saved on a single target?

My gear is far from min-maxed but my single target dmg seems to lack on but still feels so good on clearing (with a no quality EA that I swap for normal content).

Maybe I should try to get more IAS? From my bow for exemple?

I still managed to kill Sirus deathless but from every videos that I see with a gear somewhat similar to mine regarding attack speed it feels way slower killing bosses.

If I understand correctly the calculations I can manage to get 15 fuses on single target reliably with my gear.
"
mrlou wrote:
Hey guys, quick question, is there a point where having too much skill duration hurts your DPS?

Not directly no. More Duration would never hurt your single Target DPS, as the Explosion either Triggers if the Time is up, or auto-triggers once you hit 20Stacks.

You only have to balance it against your clearspeed. (e.g. waiting 2seconds on every single trash-pack for the Explosion would be so annoying/slow)

If you would only do Single-Boss fights (Sirus/Maven) it would be great to have +200%duration, just to make sure every single explosion you get is a 20fuse explosion.

And that's why, if you use Ashes of the Stars, it pays to keep in mind what skill duration you have because it can add up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info