3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
htan564 wrote:
AttackRate *6 Totems * Hitchance * (increased duration) = Fuses

I think you are overestimating the attack rate required to reach 20 Fuses. Since the timer really only starts to tick when the first arrow hits the enemy, if you already have 6 totems in place and firing at the same time, you should almost have 5-6 arrows on the enemy. So the formula should be AttackRate *6 Totems * Hitchance * (increased duration) + 6 = Fuses.

Careful, that's a completly wrong calculation.
(It's only a theoretical calculation for "mob dies after exactly 1x explosion. While still using all 6totems for some reason").

In Reality you'll need to be using:
AttackRate *6 Totems * Hitchance * (increased duration) = Fuses.

You don't magically add 6 Arrows every single second on continous fights :)

Last edited by Schejian on Feb 19, 2022, 2:32:22 AM
"
Schejian wrote:
"
htan564 wrote:
AttackRate *6 Totems * Hitchance * (increased duration) = Fuses

I think you are overestimating the attack rate required to reach 20 Fuses. Since the timer really only starts to tick when the first arrow hits the enemy, if you already have 6 totems in place and firing at the same time, you should almost have 5-6 arrows on the enemy. So the formula should be AttackRate *6 Totems * Hitchance * (increased duration) + 6 = Fuses.

(It's only a theoretical calculation for "mob dies after exactly 1x explosion. While still using all 6totems for some reason").

It makes sense in situations where you pre-stack totems though, for example Pinnacle bosses.

Theoretically 6 totems prespawned could hit at the exact same time, meaning 6 fuses are already in the boss when the duration timer just starts.
"

Why completly wrong?
Let`s simulate battle:

summon 6 totems.
1) Boss spawns.
2) all 6 totems fire at the same (almost) time- and add 6 fuses.
2a) 6 fuses on boss.
3) Timer of 1sec +duration starts. For my gear- it is 1,22 sec.
3a) attack rate is (for example) 2 attacks per second
4) next attack happens after 0,5 sec - another 6 fuses.
4a) 12 fuses total on boss/mob
4b)0,7 sec till explosion.
5) after 0.5 seconds another 6 fuses land on boss.
5a) 18 fuses on boss.
6) after 0,2 sec caB00m! 18 fuses explode.
7) after 0.3 sec another 6 fuses lands.
8) timer of 1,22 sec starts
9) after 0,5 sec another 6 fuses lands - total 12...

and so on and so in. Yes- you will (almost) never have 20 fuses - but 18 fuses almost every time.
To reach 20 fuses - you need LONG duration and really fast attack speed. then both will meet somewhere and you for real will have 20+fuses.

p.s. this is only my calculation - not saying that i`m 100% accurate :)

"
KasparsT wrote:
"

Why completly wrong?
Let`s simulate battle:

summon 6 totems.
1) Boss spawns.
2) all 6 totems fire at the same (almost) time- and add 6 fuses.
2a) 6 fuses on boss.
3) Timer of 1sec +duration starts. For my gear- it is 1,22 sec.
3a) attack rate is (for example) 2 attacks per second
4) next attack happens after 0,5 sec - another 6 fuses.
4a) 12 fuses total on boss/mob
4b)0,7 sec till explosion.
5) after 0.5 seconds another 6 fuses land on boss.
5a) 18 fuses on boss.

and so on and so in. Yes- you will (almost) never have 20 fuses - but 18 fuses almost every time.
To reach 20 fuses - you need LONG duration and really fast attack speed. then both will meet somewhere and you for real will have 20+fuses.

p.s. this is only my calculation - not saying that i`m 100% accurate :)

at 9th step i think confuse

from 7 its start new loop
6 fuses start 1.22 sec
9 0.5s> +6 = 12 0.72s remain
10 1.0s> +6 = 18 0.22s remain
11 Boom...at 18 fuses

so I think easy way to cal is 3/duration time = your attack speed
In this case duration = 1.22s >>> ap req = 3/1.22 = 2.46ap for 3 loop = 24 fuses (max 20)

just summary normal build attack speed around 2
you should have 1.5s duration time for max 20 fuses
Just finished Act10, but not really sure on what gear I should be prepping for maps... my life seems to be really low too because of all the nodes I haven't picked up and squishy, should i just be aiming for good rares with high life and cap resists while looking for just 1-2 of the endgame mods for the bow / quiver etc.?
2.8*1*6*1.20 I've reached 20 fuses i think, bosses are melting like butter 14m ignite dps.
"
KasparsT wrote:

See the fallacy in your calculation here:

Even in this perfect scenario you do zero DPS (no Fuses ticking, no DMG) between step 6 and 7.

So in this (therotical scenario) every 1,2sec you don't have any Fuses ticking for 0,3sec.. Meaning you only get one explosion every 1,5sec instead of 1,2. (losing 25% of your dps).

Also you wouldn't have any fire exposure in that timeframe. As Your Last hit (the explosion from step 6) removed it. So your ignite would only deal about half damage 25%of the time.

In Reality it's way easier (and more applyable) to assume your arrows just average out (e.g. one Arrow every 50ms) and take the average form there.

Hitting immediately after an explosion is wanted anyway to reapply the fire exposure.

"
brunowa wrote:

It makes sense in situations where you pre-stack totems though, for example Pinnacle bosses.

Theoretically 6 totems prespawned could hit at the exact same time, meaning 6 fuses are already in the boss when the duration timer just starts.

Alright, that's true. Technically your very first explosion on the boss will have a +6 extra fuses thx to pre-stacking. :)
Last edited by Schejian on Feb 19, 2022, 5:29:43 AM
Hi the community,

What can i improve in my build ?

I would like to go on Enlighten 4 with Purity, but 17ex the gem :(

Did i make big mistake in tree/gear ? have to much on ignite duration ?

https://pastebin.com/qcXh1wQE

I try to do délirium mirror, but with Beyond its to hard

thanks in aadvance, have a good day
Last edited by Ranara on Feb 19, 2022, 5:14:42 AM
"
sustici wrote:
2.8*1*6*1.20 I've reached 20 fuses i think, bosses are melting like butter 14m ignite dps.

Damn, that's some nice APS! Great Job.

"
Ranara wrote:
Hi the community,

What can i improve in my build ?
I would like to go on Enlighten 4 with Purity, but 17ex the gem :(
Did i make big mistake in tree/gear ? have to much on ignite duration ?

https://pastebin.com/qcXh1wQE

I try to do délirium mirror, but with Beyond its to hard

thanks in aadvance, have a good day

Enlighten 3 Should be fine. lvl4 alone doesn't do the trick anyway, you need to pair it with another source.

I think your best route to fit all Auras is to get a +60%Mana Reservation of Determination Amulet. You can still get some decent +Life/Res and DMG on it, too. But will get expensive.

Ashes Amulet would work too, but you are already pretty damn low on HP. So that's kinda out of the question atm.

Alternative: You could try to get +30% mana Reserveration Enchant on Helm. (or Cluster-Jewel)

Last edited by Schejian on Feb 19, 2022, 5:38:18 AM
https://pastebin.com/jCAUQuiA here is my pob if anyone interested to check maybe i can do something different in skill tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info