3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

Okay so I got a bit of a question since I'm not the most mechanically smart...

Why does the PoB say we use Vaal Grace instead of normal Grace? I ask because everyone else seems to say use normal Grace but no one seems to have the answer. Is there some interaction or change I'm not understanding here?
Vaal Grace provides additionnal dodge when needed.
It does not change the Grace aura effect, it might be harder to get a lvl 21 vaal grace however.
Lol, just realized that I actually used one of your previous builds Brunowa, the cyclone summoners one iirc.

Had Ashes drop last week, but didn't really think about using it until now. Still have to buy a 21/20 EA.
"
brunowa wrote:

Your DPS is probably big enough that you don't need culling strike.

You could swap out culling strike and put enduring cry there.

This would enable you to get a better ring and also remove the need for conquerors efficiency, giving you another jewel.

That would be greater than culling strike in your setup imo.
That's a damn fine idea, thanks!
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
Okay so I got a bit of a question since I'm not the most mechanically smart...

Why does the PoB say we use Vaal Grace instead of normal Grace? I ask because everyone else seems to say use normal Grace but no one seems to have the answer. Is there some interaction or change I'm not understanding here?
POB is weird about vaal skills, by default it always turns on just the vaal portion.

We should be running Grace all the time, and use the Vaal version right after we get hit, or on tough bosses.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.

I'm really struggling on yellow and red maps, I usually get killed my archnemesis mobs, or bosses. Damage seems to be ok, but I frequently get 1 shotted at 3.8k hp and I feel even at 4k hp wouldn't make much of a difference. I also struggle to use all the different buffs like defiance, grace, and determination. Any help would be appreciated. I know my ammy and chest piece is garbage.
"
goobergeorge wrote:

I'm really struggling on yellow and red maps, I usually get killed my archnemesis mobs, or bosses. Damage seems to be ok, but I frequently get 1 shotted at 3.8k hp and I feel even at 4k hp wouldn't make much of a difference. I also struggle to use all the different buffs like defiance, grace, and determination. Any help would be appreciated. I know my ammy and chest piece is garbage.

no life on amu
no life on one ring
low life on body armor
useless quiver

the first and most obvious problems

... and most important : no spell suppression

i would say -> check some other peoples equip on the direction to go
It doesn't even come down to the life rolls, its really the attack speed is the number one thing that stands out. I am going to compound on what was mentioned above..

Attack Speed
Evasion & Spell Suppression
Your quiver is useless
"
goobergeorge wrote:
I frequently get 1 shotted at 3.8k hp

Best advice for this build is to start with Quill Rain:

push to lvl 95 and max your defenses.
After that max your dps with a crazy +3 bow and pricy stuff.

Starting with a low speed bow will make your life very hard in the start.
This build requires a lot of stats. So until you got a lot of currency is best to stay on Quill Rain.
DPS will be fine even for reds.
Then focus on defenses, 5k life, Spell Suppression, Armor+Evasion.

Last edited by pra-lima87 on Feb 18, 2022, 3:48:19 PM
On a side note here.
Can we use Infernal cry with combustion support?

I'm checking some poe.ninja profiles and that got me wondering if it really works. I imagine Ash is a great debuff for this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info