Game Balance in Siege of the Atlas

+numbers
-fun
Hurr durr we changed damage values but not skill mechanics.

Making, let's say, fireball deal more damage isn't going to change the fact that the skill is absolutely not usable for single-target in most scenarios. Even if you stack obnoxious amounts of AoE and projectile number, you need a damn wall for the skill to work. A single projectile deals laughable damage, and only shotgunning actually 'works'. So all the real end-game content like Maven are out of the question.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Game Balance
Problem:

Most players don't even reach act 7.
80% haven't killed act 6 brine king.
85% have never reached lvl 70 on any char.

Solutions:

Make it harder, faster, mobs get stronger, zoom zoom turbo smashy arcade shooter for the 0.1% streamers to make money.

God damn, this Community is so fucking toxic.
Excited for the new League! Thanks for your work GGG!
God, why everyone that whine on this forum have 10 challenges and can't even play correctly ?
Keep the good work GGG, excited for the new league !
"Problem: Skills are too good"

"Solution: Destroy fun".

Then there's these entitled people that think the number of challenges you've completed on this one league signify how important your opinion is xD. Jesus.

I'm still excited for all the new content. I'm serious. I just hate nerfs in games like this. Never feels like it's any fun to lose builds league after league. But, I know someone will be HEATED by these words, and to you, I truly apologize for having another opinion.
A game that includes hundreds of skills, but only 10 of them are useful for real play. You're one of those guys who could also be given a cow to milk as the final boss and you'd play it that way.
The game was actually designed to offer umpteen possibilities, but what you've seen since Seasons are exploits.

In the end you can only play a few map tiers higher due to the higher damage of the spells. the problem with the static defense is not solved.
"
Liokar wrote:
"
Riverwind77 wrote:
"
KGabQr wrote:
More more Nerfs.
More Dead brain :D

We will play PoE! Best

Lost Ark > KGabQr trash :D

Take, i fixed it for you

"
MightyG_ wrote:

PoE is also P2W.

Hope you are talking about Pay 2 Wear, skins right?

Because theres absolutely NOTHING in this game to pay for which gives you any kind of advantage compared to other players

you COULD argue that a small investment of approx 25 bucks for tabs gives you a small advantage for organising and trading. but ofc i get your point.

Storage isnt an advantage over another player, you won't be better than another player just because you can self stack 2500 exalts in your stash.

Even if you spent $5000 you wont one hit maven.

Thats called quality of life improvements.
Diablo 2 > Diablo 1 > Diablo 4 > Diablo > Torchlight > Titan Quest > Grim Dawn > Diablo Immortal > Path of Exile 2 > Path of Exile.
Last edited by Riverwind77 on Jan 25, 2022, 6:05:19 AM
"
Heiwananas wrote:
God, why everyone that whine on this forum have 10 challenges and can't even play correctly ?
Keep the good work GGG, excited for the new league !

When did challenges being be matter? Any exile can play to PoE in the standard league, and nerfs will affect them too. Any player can be disaffected when GGG's nerfs changes his favorite builds.
☠️
I like most of the changes.

I just hope the deleting of the mark-on-hit mod will be reconsidered. It is nice that self-cast spells is buffed but now it is in a disadvanteage for the marks. While you add the support-on-hit for ATTACKS support, self-cast spells must self-cast the mark.
I know it is now permanent but it means an additional socket that has to be used and another button to press.

I like the idea of making marks easier available before the late endgame but why not leave the other option still in for maxed out builds?

Regards

Fips Die Grille
www.twitch.tv/marloss_live

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info