Game Balance in Siege of the Atlas

Soul mantle lost +1 totem though. Also freezing pulse lost its threshold jewel

"
alex_disp wrote:
"
Synnian wrote:
I hate your way
of balancing the game. I play spell totems only, and the changes look bad to me. The same goes for changing minions in a very annoying way (them dying as your only source of damage is unfun). Not interested in supporting you anymore, gl.

From my point of view spell totems got buffed:
"
Freezing Pulse: Now deals 8 to 12 Cold Damage at gem level 1 (unchanged), up to 1458 to 2188 at gem level 20 (previously 888 to 1332). Now has 330% Effectiveness of Added Damage at all gem levels (previously 200%).

Damage got buffed by 60%, but Spell Totem support damage was nerfed only by 16% on lvl 20, so all in all a 44% damage buff. +130% added damage effectiveness is huge. And also new tiers of cast speed on rings and other items - these affect totems even more.
Might as well go Freezing Pulse totem leaguestarter.
Last edited by tarabas on Jan 24, 2022, 9:14:05 PM
Noko193 wrote:
CoC is completely dead now Sadge

Are u sure? From what I see they are just nerfing the value cause of the increase (+- 40% ) on base spell damage. So at the end it should remain more or less the same. Please math genius pob warriors help me here hehe

all depends on which spell you use. Not all spells got a buff and not all spells got enough of a buff to compensate for the decreased damage of CoC.
Last edited by Spurnshadow on Jan 24, 2022, 9:15:58 PM
can we change name from path of exile to path of nerf or path of streamer? i'm serious

2022 more no fun allowed..sighs
"
tarabas wrote:
Soul mantle lost +1 totem though. Also freezing pulse lost its threshold jewel

"
alex_disp wrote:
"
Synnian wrote:
I hate your way
of balancing the game. I play spell totems only, and the changes look bad to me. The same goes for changing minions in a very annoying way (them dying as your only source of damage is unfun). Not interested in supporting you anymore, gl.

From my point of view spell totems got buffed:
"
Freezing Pulse: Now deals 8 to 12 Cold Damage at gem level 1 (unchanged), up to 1458 to 2188 at gem level 20 (previously 888 to 1332). Now has 330% Effectiveness of Added Damage at all gem levels (previously 200%).

Damage got buffed by 60%, but Spell Totem support damage was nerfed only by 16% on lvl 20, so all in all a 44% damage buff. +130% added damage effectiveness is huge. And also new tiers of cast speed on rings and other items - these affect totems even more.
Might as well go Freezing Pulse totem leaguestarter.

Do multiple projectiles matter for bosses? I don't remember them stacking damage on top of each other.
The loss of +1 totem looks bad, but that just means that instead of using Atziri Reflection you'll have to get a +1 totems shaper shield and get curse immunity from other source. Many Soul Mantle builds use Atziri Reflection and had the same 4 totems.
Last edited by alex_disp on Jan 24, 2022, 9:20:58 PM
@alex-disp: when you nerf clearspeed from multiple directions (threshold jewel, forced gmp, less totems) it kills the viability of the whole build.

So what if the boss damage goes up slightly, if you can't clear for $h1t
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Jan 24, 2022, 9:25:19 PM
How about melee? The real melee who's ded for a really long time.
Removed
Last edited by Spurnshadow on Jan 24, 2022, 10:10:25 PM
What is smell?

Its smell of nerfs and i like when somebody hurts about it.

Please, give us more nerfs especially to toxic rain essence drain and other leaguestarters because its a problem to not have alternatives
Harsh RNG, fair trade is dead, botting everywhere, oneshot mechanic -=RIP=-
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
@alex-disp: when you nerf clearspeed from multiple directions (threshold jewel, forced gmp, less totems) it kills the viability of the whole build.

So what if the boss damage goes up slightly, if you can't clear for $h1t

You know, totem builds are not the fastest zoom-zoom builds out there anyway. If this new league is something like Ultimatum when you stay in place and not like Scourge, then totems will be very good as a league starter.
Last edited by alex_disp on Jan 24, 2022, 9:31:53 PM
The whole point of chase uniques is for that purpose. Comparing Apples to oranges (Voidfletcher vs. general rare quiver) being stronger should be a normal thing and not even be in the same tier of consideration, especially when quivers in general that can be crafted on for very specific builds can be done with impunity. Just leave the Voidfletcher quiver alone GGG, seriously! A Good dual-influenced quiver can reach very high amounts of all-purpose damage/utility with enough investment into huge swaths of builds, whereas Voidfletcher is more of a streamlined Unique benefitting more niche builds that can benefit from its unique modifiers. Game doesn't need more useless unique items as it is!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info