Game Balance in Siege of the Atlas

Still no Anger Aura buffs? You may as well just remove this useless aura now. Anger was, even before this patch way worse compared to Wrath or Zealotry but with this base damage buffs on skills the difference is even more worse now. It should be 35% reserve cost even though it is worse than Herald Of Ash 13% more fire damage which is 25% reserve haha...
More stronger and less white pollution screen mobs = heathier game experience.
Bladefury?
I hate your way of balancing the game. I play spell totems only, and the changes look bad to me. The same goes for changing minions in a very annoying way (them dying as your only source of damage is unfun). Not interested in supporting you anymore, gl.
"
TaurenMoo wrote:
How impactful was the gem to viperstrike? I was kind of wanting to play with viperstrike as a league starter :(

If you were planning to run assassin and stack poison count as high as you can... it's half your damage at best. Far, far, far more at worst.
Last edited by Rein_Masamune on Jan 24, 2022, 8:32:41 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
[Removed by Support]

on-hit bow builds did stupid damage at high investment and now they get an enormous buff that will bottleneck the entire league into hit-based bow builds. They even said in their OWN POST that they are viable and competitive at high investment. So rather than fix the problem, they take the top end of the build and shoot it to the moon.

Hilarious.

Every adjustment league after league is GGG fixing their own mistakes from previous leagues, or pivoting back and forth from things they fixed or changed recently. [Removed by Support]

Its obvious they are not balancing instead rather just forcing new meta, over and over again. There is so much skills and supports to be buffed or nerfed but they just force new meta nothing more.
More stronger and less white pollution screen mobs = heathier game experience.
spell totems are dead
Just got done with the spell section.

[Removed by Support] This stuff makes no sense. You've essentially doubled and tripled the damage of many spells. Just look at fireball. Holy smoke.

But what's worse is that this seems to be mostly for elemental skills. I saw nothing for chaos spells. So, all of us who liked self casting ED / Contagion which barely had enough for bosses, or Bane, or Soulrend, or Forbidden Rite are just gonna be completely outclassed by ele builds. What's worse, is that you've buffed ele spells so much, that it won't hurt them too much, heck, might even be a buff depending on the skill, if you slot them in a trigger skill, like trap/totem/CoC.

But again, because not all the spell buffs are equal, and there's no buffs for chaos, all those options have been destroyed. I was just playing for testing purposes a CoC Forbidden Rite build. It was fun, good clear and boss damage, but needed a fair amount of gear to work properly. With your CoC nerf, it is halving the damage, where as I can slot any ele skill that got triple buffed and nearly one shot bosses.

How is this balance?

Also, along with spells, getting rid of special unique jewels means we're gonna have to have GMP with almost any build that used to use them. So, GG there.
Last edited by Spurnshadow on Jan 24, 2022, 8:47:32 PM
If cleave and HS get gem buffs and I play in standard with the old jewels, will I get to double dip the old with the new?
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
Spurnshadow wrote:
Just got done with the spell section.

[Removed by Support] This stuff makes no sense. You've essentially doubled and tripled the damage of many spells. Just look at fireball. Holy smoke.

But what's worse is that this seems to be mostly for elemental skills. I saw nothing for chaos spells. So, all of us who liked self casting ED / Contagion which barely had enough for bosses, or Bane, or Soulrend, or Forbidden Rite are just gonna be completely outclassed by ele builds. What's worse, is that you've buffed ele spells so much, that it won't hurt them too much, heck, might even be a buff depending on the skill, if you slot them in a trigger skill, like trap/totem/CoC.

But again, because not all the spell buffs are equal, and there's no buffs for chaos, all those options have been destroyed. I was just playing for testing purposes a CoC Forbidden Rite build. It was fun, good clear and boss damage, but needed a fair amount of gear to work properly. With your CoC nerf, it is halving the damage, where as I can slot any ele skill that got triple buffed and nearly one shot bosses.

How is this balance?

How many non-ignite Fireball players that could kill Sirus 8 are there? Most of the skills that got buffed were almost never used as a self-cast "hit" damagers, instead they were used as ignite source or not used at all.
Seems like my Groundslam League Starter is still a go!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info