Game Balance in Siege of the Atlas

"
Spurnshadow wrote:
"
alex_disp wrote:
"
Synnian wrote:
I hate your way of balancing the game. I play spell totems only, and the changes look bad to me. The same goes for changing minions in a very annoying way (them dying as your only source of damage is unfun). Not interested in supporting you anymore, gl.

From my point of view spell totems got buffed:
"
Freezing Pulse: Now deals 8 to 12 Cold Damage at gem level 1 (unchanged), up to 1458 to 2188 at gem level 20 (previously 888 to 1332). Now has 330% Effectiveness of Added Damage at all gem levels (previously 200%).

Damage got buffed by 60%, but Spell Totem support damage was nerfed only by 16% on lvl 20, so all in all a 44% damage buff. +130% added damage effectiveness is huge. And also new tiers of cast speed on rings and other items - these affect totems even more.
Might as well go Freezing Pulse totem leaguestarter.

Not gonna try to figure out the math, but there's also the lack of extra totem on Soul Mantle. 5 totems was usual, so that's a 20% loss there. Then there's having to use GMP in a slot, meaning you're taking the loss from that but also not getting the increase from whatever gem you're replacing. That's probably a 50% loss from that.

If playing FP totems, no need to use GMP. Just slot in Rain of Splinters in place of the missing First Snow. Not nearly as good (3 vs. 5 and reduced damage instead of increased but the latter is peanuts and you do get a jewel socket back) but this allows you to not lose a link.
"
Ygidua wrote:
Almost all streamers do play caster and bow builds.

So what does GGG do? They buff casters and bow builds. *facepalm*

Again, nothing positive for summoners, the casual gamers build that is struggling so much these days. For a year or so, summoners have not seen any love but nerf after nerf.

Casters dominate the meta and they are buffed.

I am sorry GGG, but you have lost so many players with that philosophy and you will keep losing more.

Sadly, another league I skip. I come back when you finally bring back summoners into the game.

Yep, game is getting too unhealthy.
Now even totems are ded.

So, what poe have to offer to those who actually care about their wrists?

How many builds now?
Well..

Hope it will be enjoyable to play on even more empty servers than now.
did someone in GGG office did a #1kpoeplaerechalange
what would it take ?
I didn't bother reading it.

GGG has zero credibility.

Too many times their communications are nowhere near to what we actually see in the game.

It's like the people who design and develop this game have never met or talked to the people who write these manifestos.

Usually whatever gets published here or drools out of the mouth of Chris "Scourge Loot will be great!" Wilson, the opposite will be true.

Absolue.

Zero.

Credibility.

If I do bother to read this one, I will expect the opposite to appear in the game or some other critical things not even mentioned.

Ah well another poorly conceived, poorly designed, poorly tested league is upon us. The only thing remotely interesting will be to see if they sink lower than Scourge.

I'll say it. You guys are fucking legends. Thanks.
At this point im no longer even trying to understand ggg ways to balance things "i have 2 skills... one is good and the other sucks ass.... let's make both suck... done, balance bitches, easy peasy lemon squeezy!"
CoC player get CoC'd
"
VileWalker wrote:
Didn't Chris Wilson promise a melee buff in 3.17, where is it?

Spell Buff (Checked)
Bow Buff (Checked)
Melee Buff (No Where to be Found)

if it's not nerfed, it's a buff
40% more damage for my Arc Necro? I am genuinely impressed and delighted, seeing you have a history of fucking every single one of my builds at the end of each league.

Cheers Guys & Gals!
Last edited by supadup6 on Jan 24, 2022, 11:20:08 PM
Pls buff Golems

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info